Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Paul Trowe drama thread

Boleskine

Arcane
He also banned a bunch of people at the Replay forums...moderators and beta testers. He essentially just told the people who made the LSL Reloaded kickstarter possible and gave him a paycheck for a year to fuck off.

Aeschylus

Swindler
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Paul Trowe strikes me as a wannabe playground bully. The best bet for him would probably be to never make another public statement again.

Heh, apparently he's thrown a massive hissy-fit and basically banned everyone from his forums, including people who contributed stuff for free to the game. What a toolbag.

Last edited:

bertram_tung

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
I don't think there has been an official confirmation. I was just reading the spaceventure forums and everyone posting there seemed to be talking about it like it was a done deal. Apparently mandel deleted his facebook page and hasn't posted on the replay forum in months.

For further information about this e-drama concerning paul trowe read this thread: http://www.spacequest.net/index.php/topic/656-paul-trowe-criticism-on-kickstarter-update/

beware, major space quest fanboys within.

one of the spaceventure interns posted this:
"No, Josh's departure doesn't seem to be public knowledge on a wide scale. I know that Troels and I had both thought it might've happened. Especially after he deleted his Facebook account. It's only afterwards it has been confirmed, through non-official, but nonetheless trustworthy, sources that Josh has indeed left and that his departure from Facebook ties into his falling out with Replay. At least, it seems to have been an open secret among the people who were affiliated with Replay until yesterday, as well as people who know Josh really well.

Not sure if it can be "confirmed" as such, though. And again, I don't want to cry foul to the press myself. I was pretty much on the front lines all day yesterday, so I think I'm disqualified. It'd look better if it was brought up by someone who didn't participate as directly as I did."

Last edited:

Blackthorne

Infamous Quests
Patron
Developer
Codex 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Josh Mandel did quit Replay. Justin McMenamin (Irishmile) who worked on the project, as well as forum moderated, confirmed it. In that SQ thread, you'll see everything that went down on Replay's forums.

Bt

bertram_tung

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
What do they have left? Egomaniac Paul Trowe who has burned many a bridge and Al Lowe who's probably just gonna retire soon anyway? Wasn't Mandel the meat and potatoes of that team?

No wonder crazy Trowe is lashing out so much.

Last edited:

suejak

Arbiter
Patron
Village Idiot
Josh Mandel is the most talented person left in this entire ex-Sierra mess of has-beens. Jane Jensen is second place, and none of the others even place. RIP Replay.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
OK, so this coupled with the rumor that Al Lowe actually went back in retirement means goodbye to Larry again. Whatever Replay will do, if it does anything, it's guaranteed to be shit.

Any hints on that Josh Mandel might do next? Could be cool if he teamed up with Mark and Scott. I thought his work on SQ6 was great.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Creepy Kotaku article about Trowe sending gay male sex videos to underage girls. Was this known?

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom