Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

PB's "Risen" on Xbawcks + screenies

Kingston

Arcane
I lack the wit to put something hilarious here
Shitty UI, here we come!

http://features.teamxbox.com/xbox/2349/ ... evealed/p1

The epic role playing game is set in a medieval world on a volcanic Mediterranean island, The Risen story unfolds over four chapters and will offer multiple ways to develop the story by his own actions and decisions. An innovative and intuitive user control interface will support both casual and hardcore gamers. With full world streaming support, the player experiences no tedious loading of areas while playing in a fully simulated game world with authentic characters.

1228871484.jpg

1228871483.jpg

It *might* still be good, though.

fastpunk

Arbiter
That looks like Unreal Engine 3. Regardless, I'm interested. I hope the setting will feel as fresh as Gothic I did when it was released. And hopefully, they'll make a good combat system and a functional inventory.

xuerebx

Erudite
Every time those words are used I end up laughing.

"Look guys I'm a hardcore gamer! I'm so cool!"/"Look guys I'm a casual gamer, I'm so damn great ain't I?".

Yeah.

VonVentrue

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Can't say I didn't see it coming...
The screenshots look pretty good actually, though the bloom overdose gets a bit hard on the eyes.

hiver

There is no volcanoes in Mediterranean and they certanly do not look like that.

Not even in medieval times.

xuerebx

Erudite
Just realised it's a Mediterranean island.

EDIT: Forgot Etna.

VonVentrue said:
The screenshots look pretty good actually, though the bloom overdose gets a bit hard on the eyes.

It's HDR, Gaming Expert.

And I haven't seen that much green since Crysis.

Black

Arcane
both casual and hardcore gamers.
Does not compute fuckers. Call us when you'll stop making games even more mainstreamed than they are now.

Shannow

Waster of Time

Gerrard

Arcane
Emotional Vampire said:
It's HDR, Gaming Expert.
Does it bleed over the edges? Yes. It's bloom. It's a result of HDR. And stupidity.

Putting camera effects into games sure improves immersion. Needs more lens flare.

bat_boro

Arcane
The lighting in the first screenshot is ok
as for the second, I think that the camera is in a darker spot or something, that's why it's so shiny
it makes sense, though, we had the same effect in HL ep 1&2 and it was pretty awesome

hiver

I didnt count Etna or Vesuvius since they are on the mainland.
Alright i didnt know about those few others.

Matt7895 said:
Don't fucking lie.
Fuck off.

Still that island does not look like a Mediterranean island at all. Judging by the vegetation. Looks more like a tropical jungle to me. And the ground and rocks dont look like anything ive ever seen.
I guess it doesn't matter much considering the intended audience.

Two screenshots are too little to judge the whole game. Maybe they made an effort to create something really Mediterranean.
Which is something i would want to see because it can be a very original setting.

Disconnected

Scholar
bat_boro said:
The lighting in the first screenshot is ok
... Not saying the game look like shit or anything, but mate.. The sky is glowing white in both shots. Current real time HDR/light blooming tech is pretty fucking bad.

racofer

Thread Incliner
Skybawcksses are no longer needed fool, entire solar systems with blooming stars are rendered, realtime, for more immershun during the night. And if you zoom enough you can see the planets orbiting each star, all with the latest PHYSIX technology, as long as you have a physix card!

Deleted member 7219

hiver said:
I didnt count Etna or Vesuvius since they are on the mainland.
Alright i didnt know about those few others.

You moron, Etna is in Sicily.

Even if it was on mainland Italy it would still be in the fucking Mediterranean.

What a douchebag.

hiver

aaah suck donkey balls.

it still doesn't look like anything on Mediterranean

Disconnected

Scholar
fastpunk said:
I like the screenshots but skyboxes used to be better in the old days, that's for sure.
Night time skies still look OK. Daytime skies are utterly fucked right now, but the sky isn't the actual problem. The problem is that properly applying HDR and light blooming takes far too much computation to do real time with current hardware. Thus you get lighting models in games that lights the scene in the simplest possible manner, based on maybe 3 different points of the scene that doesn't include, for example, the sky. Because otherwise your bitchin' SLIed 260s would asplode.

Fogging and luminous stuff ends up looking like shit because of it, but the lighting of the scene as a whole is generally vastly improved. Whether that's a good trade-off is down to personal preference, I guess. Personally I much prefer fucked skies to dreary lighting.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
The first screen looks pretty good.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom