Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

People who liked EVN.. Check out BetaBlocker

Fixen

Novice
I played this a few months ago. Wasted a few days of my life. XD

Here's what I did through the game:

USE THE OLD VERSION.BBG MOD. IT HAS MORE WEAPONS THAN THE DEFAULT.

1) Find the best planets for ferrying stuff. (My favorite route is Washington to New Kyoto, New Tokyo, Heldon, Manhattan, and Sirius CC. Back and forth.)
2) After getting enough money, buy an Exi Wriath, and take Freelancer missions while upgrading the fighter.
3) While taking such missions, look for large Outlaw VS Police battles. The Police usually cease firing when the enemy craft is disabled. Board the ship, but don't take over it. Try to take the money. You usually have a 10% chance. If it threatens to self-destruct, start the afterburners and run.
4) After looting enough money, get a destroyer (not a capital. A destroyer). DO NOT land on Earth if you have started Freelancer missions. Ever.
5) When you have upgraded your destroyer with everything (and confirm that it's everything; I usually omit beams), land on Earth, take the offer from the Police. Do everything straightforward (take the fastest route to the destination, do the job, and leave) because you only have that many days to do that.

6) BATTLE TACTICS: If you're up against large ships, run immediately from the battlefield with all afterburners. They will start shooting missiles. After a certain distance, probably 60k (keep an eye on your radar, which you should have the best by now, for missiles and fighters), missiles will fail. Stay out of distance for a while, as their missiles run out. Then, keep a 7k distance and fire primary weapons to kill them individually.

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
^Actually, that link doesn't work.

That site doesn't host it. It merely sends you back to the author's homepage… which is down.

Anyone know what happened to this project?

Nedrah

Erudite
Wow, that's just great.
I read through this whole fucking thread without taking note of the dates, get all hyped up for a new evn-like fix and then it's all 2 years old and the fucking thing is dead.
Screw you necromancer.

YourConscience

Scholar
Same thing happened to me recently. I really wonder why no one made something like EVN or similar. Lots of fun and relatively small amount of work. I knew of at least half a dozen projects that began but never ended and disappeared due to RL issues of the corresponding authors.

YourConscience

Scholar
Trash said:
Get space rangers 2. It's cool and all.

I know, I know. I played SR the original in Russian, SR2 in Russian and now I'll order that addon even though it doesn't really add much. This is seriously one of the best games of the last few years. I wish more games had this sort of dynamic universe, such a nice collection of minigames placed so skillfully (unlike oblivions minigames) and just generally the coolness or whatever makes SR so good. :)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom