Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Peripeteia - Deus Ex-inspired FPS/RPG set in anime cyberpunk Poland

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
Happy birthday!

fuzz

Liturgist
Posting download links for the potential lazy fucks who are still lurking the twatter content and didn't bother yet to actually play this. Right now there are three builds to play:
https://files.catbox.moe/rqe475.zip
https://gamejolt.com/games/Peripeteia/474179
https://shodanon.itch.io/peripeteia

First link is from one of elif.dot's videos, who has recently uploaded an 1.5h review/analysis, that's worth a watch. Looks like this is the build from the first trailer, includes an intro sequence.

Managed to run all three builds with wine (lutris-7.2-2-x86_64) and DXVK v1.10.3. Performance of the latest build was fickle, framerate was tanking where there were lots of light sources, still was playable. Had to turn down Ambient Occlusion and Shadow Quality. Saving, committing suicide and loading the last save, sometimes improved the framerate of such scenes. Weird.

Janosik channel is a lie.
Screenshot-20221201-000406.png

Screenshot-20221201-000647.png

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

"Across the wired and in the city, strange beliefs and stranger people reside. Old gods, old rituals, revived, but only "ironically"... unless it works."
Song is by CC67/Lotchek

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

"Two ladies! They are gonna shoot enemies together!" - Shod's 3 year old upon seeing Marie celebrating the New Year with her alter-ego/alternate skin.
She's still awaiting rigging so all the new Marie can do is stand and stare in horror as her T-pose paralysis demon gets closer.

Karl Barx

Novice
So I played every demo out there (hopefully) and want to support it badly.

I had a "praise" section but everyone thinks like me, so I'll just add:
- very nice touches: billiard game is now interactive, basketball terrain has a working... basketball. This is what makes games memorable (like Duke3D, Deus Ex);
- the all-Soviet firearms arsenal is top-notch; I bet most people don't know these, spent lots of time on Wikipedia digging them. I also like that there are too much to take them all, so what you keep defines your playstyle/character;

Questions :
- I got an optional quest from a dead commie corpse in Level 2 -first after your apartment. Happened after having completed level main quest, and was about sewers. Is that supposed to happen?
- is there any way to stealth-takedown the enemies? (no gun with silencer so far; the sword needs several hits, leaving time to alert the comrades);
- I'm really intrigued by the quantity and LoD of firearms. Is is a passion for someone in the team?

Complaints & bugs:
- Tutorial level is now too bright (was OK in July Demo 1. Other levels are OK, so I guess lightning was revised but Tutorial level not updated?);
- had a really hard time stacking crates with the mouse. Didn't recall it being so hard in July Demo 1; is it me, or were object physics changed?
- you can sell the bar's furniture (glasses, bottles) to the barman himself. Practical, but breaks immersion a bit;
- Recurrent bug: when clicking in the inventory or the discussion tree, it sometimes fires the gun;
- Recurrent bug: moveable objects, crates e.g., sometimes cease to be moveable (stuck in the floor? [F]-hold not working anymore?).

What I can do, I could translate the game to French and/or German.
But before I fire Unity Asset Extractor, is there any interest for a translation in the team?

Karl Barx

Novice
Did anyone manage to finish the demo?

I get the feeling I explored almost anything, but completed only 1 of 3 quests, and the end never triggered (if it can even happen).
Here is my progress :
- completed the "Kill Kasper" quest (from Railway-station-Barman);
- got the "Get PDA" quest (from Samoyet). I got a PDA from a prisoner, which must be the good one, but Samoyet won't recognize it; so I just killed him -and his entire commie team in the barracks. Which also means I never got to speak to the Commie-Barman as he was hostile;
- got the "Get Vocal Cords" quest (from Tito). Never found the related item on the beach -see below.
- was able to "lower the bridge" (which bridge? where?)
- was able to plant explosives in 2-3 locations of the reactor. It didn't explode, so I guess I miss either a spot or the quest itself (from the commies I just killed ?)
- never found any use for the "Keycard to Grainery Towers" item (or it triggered silently?);
- found the communications center, but everybody was already dead inside. A door to the exterior asks for a keycard I don't have. "Polish commander" and "Commie commander" corpses had not loot;
- found the reactor control room, but no interaction there (picture);
- found the beach, but only basic loot in the barracks (picture).
- found the hidden item: VSSK Vychlop rifle, which I suppose is the one-shot sniper rifle (picture 1 - picture 2). But no ammunition for it... frustrating! Knowing where it is would make my day ^^.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member

This Screenshot Saturday Marie's taking a ciggie break... PSA: smoking kills, even if you aren't smoking the whole pack like JC Denton.
(This will probably be as close as the voice actress ever gets to actual smoking)

Not to be an overly negative cunt, I actually really look forward to this. I am impressed by the team's dedication, especially after seeing many veteran devs, who should know better, fail horribly at delivering promised games.

I was taken aback when I've seen the discord has only something over 2K members. The game is not well known at all (yet) and despite that you actually managed to push through and make a worthwile game.

I hope that your studio will reap success and make at least one another good game before the inevitable disintegration under the forces of international Jewry, which sooner or later corrupts every studio.

S.torch

Arbiter
I was taken aback when I've seen the discord has only something over 2K members.

99% of time discord is just a useless place that drains the time of devs. They have a successful crowdfunding and a Patreon, which is what really help devs before the release (along with the beta testing and all that).

Shilling the game is useful too.

Shodanon

Ninth Exodus
Developer
Is the anime head a helmet? Can you take it off?
It is removable, you can take it clean off with a shotgun blast!

Not to be an overly negative cunt, I actually really look forward to this. I am impressed by the team's dedication, especially after seeing many veteran devs, who should know better, fail horribly at delivering promised games.

I was taken aback when I've seen the discord has only something over 2K members. The game is not well known at all (yet) and despite that you actually managed to push through and make a worthwile game.
Thanks, dude. Our goal is to just make a good game we'd enjoy playing ourselves. And honestly, the level of relative obscurity we've achieved exceeds all expectations we had so I can't really complain.

99% of time discord is just a useless place that drains the time of devs. They have a successful crowdfunding and a Patreon, which is what really help devs before the release (along with the beta testing and all that).
Our discord can be pretty comfy (we feared it wouldn't be anymore with this many users), engaging with peri enjoyers keeps us motivated and it is the best way to keep in touch with the mentioned KS backers and patrons. The creative and imsim rooms are based.

Shilling the game is useful too.
Yeah, I used to feel guilty about shilling but posting our weekly updates on adjacent communities yields results. Shout outs to the kreative corner.

So I played every demo out there (hopefully) and want to support it badly.
Thank you! I'll allow myself to quote and reply without BB code. Sorry for late reply.
- I got an optional quest from a dead commie corpse in Level 2 -first after your apartment. Happened after having completed level main quest, and was about sewers. Is that supposed to happen?
haha, no. That's the save system fucking up and a bug I get reported quite often.
- is there any way to stealth-takedown the enemies? (no gun with silencer so far; the sword needs several hits, leaving time to alert the comrades);
The sabre can be used for backstabs if you hold rmb, you should enjoy the results. I see you found the silenced instakill gun later, there is ammo around for it, as well as a prod to prod with.
- I'm really intrigued by the quantity and LoD of firearms. Is is a passion for someone in the team?
We're all gun autists and the other devs model them when they feel burnt out making levels.
- Tutorial level is now too bright (was OK in July Demo 1. Other levels are OK, so I guess lightning was revised but Tutorial level not updated?);
This week's screenshot saturday post shows off the updated tutorial, it's gonna be dark again
- had a really hard time stacking crates with the mouse. Didn't recall it being so hard in July Demo 1; is it me, or were object physics changed?
Interesting. Yeah, I changed it but the goal was to improve it. One of the critiques in June was objects falling out of your hand too easily and that's what was changed. In general, if something is too heavy or unwieldy, popping the strength aug should make it ez.
- Recurrent bug: when clicking in the inventory or the discussion tree, it sometimes fires the gun;
Yep, the way i was locking controls was too jank and has been redone.
- Recurrent bug: moveable objects, crates e.g., sometimes cease to be moveable (stuck in the floor? [F]-hold not working anymore?).
That one's my cryptonite. Still trying to get to the cause of this even when it isn't hard to replicate.

But before I fire Unity Asset Extractor, is there any interest for a translation in the team?
If you wanna help translate the game to your native tongue, send me your deets and credentials somehow and I'll put you on the list for post-release community translation (compensated, that's why it's post-release, we should have some dosh to spare)
I recommend bepinex if you wanna have some fun in runtime. The freecam uses the item inspect post process so it has a cool matrixy quality to it, but I will change that for final release.

First link is from one of elif.dot's videos, who has recently uploaded an 1.5h review/analysis, that's worth a watch. Looks like this is the build from the first trailer, includes an intro sequence.
Managed to run all three builds with wine (lutris-7.2-2-x86_64) and DXVK v1.10.3. Performance of the latest build was fickle, framerate was tanking where there were lots of light sources
elif's great with his archival efforts, at this point he knows more about previously released builds than we remember.
And it's cool that the latest build works on wine now, I don't think it did a year ago. We stilll wanna do a native loonix build, even if it's gonna have platform-specific bugs. The lighting is very taxing in the demo, one of the main things that needed taking care of in terms of performance.

S.torch

Arbiter
You guys didn't upload your last screenshot Saturday to Youtube, I think. So here is it:

How many times have I woken up here? In this rain-soaked neon place?

Will replace the link if is uploaded to Youtube.

Last edited by a moderator:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom