Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Atlus Persona 3 Reload (ex portable thread)

Elttharion

Learned
Leaked Remake trailer:

Edit: seeing lots of seething because the FeMC was apparently sent to the shadow realm lmao

Last edited:

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Leaked Remake trailer:

Edit: seeing lots of seething because the FeMC was apparently sent to the shadow realm lmao

the biggest part of this is that ATLUS has finally ended their long standing Playstation relationship and seems to have PC day 1 release

Duraframe300

Arcane
Leaked Remake trailer:

Not too bothered if FeMC is the only part that's missing (Never got the love for that route), though it should include it in the spirit of a definitive edition.

Regarding P1 and P2 remakes. Not really bothered. Do want a port, but a full remake of those titles modern Atlus would ruin 100%.

Thorakitai

Learned
Leaked Remake trailer:

Words of an old fan but the remake's graphics comes across as too bright and cheery for a dark game like Persona 3. I guess that's due to P5's graphic engine but I'm always cautious whenever a remake is made.

Last edited:

Duraframe300

Arcane
Leaked Remake trailer:

Words of an old fan but the remake's graphics comes across as too bright and cheery for a dark game like Persona 3. I guess that's due to P5's graphic engine but always cautious whenever a remake is made.

Honestly there's a bigger difference in saturation than in brightness. Persona 3 wasn't THAT dark , but it had more toned down colors.

Goes both ways as a result. For example the Velvet Room looks much darker in the trailer than it did in the game.

219281-velvet.jpg

Not bothered by it. Still clearly recognizable as P3.

Last edited:

Maxie

Wholesome Chungus
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Leaked Remake trailer:

Words of an old fan but the remake's graphics comes across as too bright and cheery for a dark game like Persona 3. I guess that's due to P5's graphic engine but always cautious whenever a remake is made.

Honestly there's a bigger difference in saturation than in brightness. Persona 3 wasn't THAT dark , but it had more toned down colors.

Goes both ways as a result. For example the Velvet Room looks much darker in the trailer than it did in the game.

219281-velvet.jpg

Not too bothered by it. Still clearly recognizable as P3.

persona 3 was also a ps2 game played on cathode ray tube monitors where fidelity was a gentleman's agreement

Tavar

Cipher
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
Nice, I wanted to play P3, but was put off by the allegedly poor quality of the P3P PC port. I hope that they have handcrafted dungeons as I really hated the randomly generated ones in P4G. But who chose the music for the trailer? It's completely inappropriate for a persona game.

Duraframe300

Arcane
Nice, I wanted to play P3, but was put off by the allegedly poor quality of the P3P PC port. I hope that they have handcrafted dungeons as I really hated the randomly generated ones in P4G. But who chose the music for the trailer? It's completely inappropriate for a persona game.

Unironically my favourite opening movie of the series.

Last edited:

Maxie

Wholesome Chungus
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
persona 3 ost endlessly listenable
unlike persona 4 and 5 osts which annoy me whenever those dumb fucking 8-bit songs play

Tavar

Cipher
Patron

Unironically my favourite opening movie of the series.

OK, looks like I learned something today :-D. Weird that they went from this to the more jazzy soundtracks of P4 and P5.

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
Release P3P for next gen consoles/PC this year. Announce a remake for next year. Classic Atlus.

:lol:

Puukko

Arcane
This is the fifth time we have released Persona 3, and we have become increasingly efficient at it.

Tavar

Cipher
Patron
Release P3P for next gen consoles/PC this year. Announce a remake for next year. Classic Atlus.

Yeah, it is weird, especially because they released P4G and have no plans for a remake of that game. Can someone who has played both P3 and P4 comment on how different the games are? I've only played P4 and the only truly dated part of that game are the dungeons. Is P3 really that much worse?

Duraframe300

Arcane

Yeah, it is weird, especially because they released P4G and have no plans for a remake of that game. Can someone who has played both P3 and P4 comment on how different the games are? I've only played P4 and the only truly dated part of that game are the dungeons. Is P3 really that much worse?
Lots of little things of convenience they figured out after P3 released, it was their first release with this structure after all.
Most will get Auto-Fixed just by the remake's nature.

Aside from a re-balance, structure wise the game could make use of a more balanced shedule.
You can barely work on social links at evening for example.

Last edited:

Duraframe300

Arcane
P3 remake will ship without FES and Portable extra content. Lots of people probably going to be upset and kind of a shame its not going to be a real definitive version.

THAT SAID. I'm a known hater of the additional story content that Atlus puts into their remasters, that includes the answer, fem MC, golden and Royal. As none of those actually make the story better, but instead less impactful and degrade it. (Gameplay upgrades are nice though)

So, personally not bothered about it, I understand if people are though.

Ivan

Arcane
thanks. I played only 5 Royal and could have done with the final dungeon and companion...

Comrade Goby

Magister
Project: Eternity
Just don't look at the new English voice cast

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom