Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Peter Thomas confirms no Friendly Fire in Dragon Age 2

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
SCO said:
Anyone that starts a Biowhore new shit thread should be banned.

:thumbsup:

Enough of the shit already, just dump it all in one fucking thread!

torpid

Liturgist
It'll only get worse the closer we get to release date. And once the game is out, expect pages of "so I'm playing DA2," "your DA2 impressions," etc.

And those are some of the ugliest current-gen graphics I've ever seen.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
So who's going to be doing the LP for this shit game? I sure the fuck am not going to play this piece of shit turd.

Looking forward to the LP, and I feel sorry for the fact you will have to play this shit just for our amusement.

:salute:

grotsnik

Arcane
Jaesun said:
So who's going to be doing the LP for this shit game? I sure the fuck am not going to play this piece of shit turd.

The question is, has Twinkle suffered enough already?

Nickless

Educated
It's absurd that they integrated friendly fire into the game's base difficulty, I agree emphatically. I consider FF to be an exercise in micromanagement as far as it comes to real time games (most especially real-time games with no auto-pause and the control of multiple characters) and with the level of filler combat Dragon Age is reputed to have I can see me quickly becoming bored with the tedium. I never played Dragon Age though, so it may have actually worked fine.

grotsnik said:
Silellak said:

Heh!

I actually think I've moved on from rage with regards to Dragon Age 2. I've also moved on from sadness, from despair, from disgust. I now exist in a sort of twisted Zen state in which no new announcement can surprise me.

Mike Laidlaw: Yes, we decided to take out the stats. We felt that having to choose what you were good at would be confusing to players. And what if players want to be good at everything? In the end, the nay-sayers are going to complain whatever we do. But I do believe that this decision will help Dragon Age 2 be our most exciting RPG yet.

Me: (Wistfully) Ah. Of course.

Frankly Bioware should just go ahead and let you choose your stats. No restrictions. Let people play strong or weak characters as you like. You can even take out the difficulty levels then. :smug:

Listen, I'm by no means a graphics whore, but one thing I absolutely CANNOT STAND is this trend on the current generation of consoles of not implementing any anti-aliasing WHATSOEVER. If this is how games on the current generation of consoles look, fuckin' release the next batch already. This is ridiculous. The hardware obviously isn't capable of producing a clean image, which I care infinitely more about (almost obsessively so) than high poly emo hair or fancy shaders/effects. Fucking Deus Ex looks better than this shit.

In defense of consoles, you are supposed to be 20 feet away from them when you play so that you can't see any aliasing. :lol:

Achilles

Arcane
Blackadder said:
How far can Bioware go before most Codexers stop repeatedly playing/buying their games?

That will never happen. If their game is still an RPG, we buy/play it in the hope that it will be good. If Bioware goes full derp and fully dumbs down the game, we label it "not an RPG" and enjoy it for what it is. In layman's terms, Bioware's got us by the balls.

Silellak

Cipher
Overweight Manatee said:
In defense of consoles, you are supposed to be 20 feet away from them when you play so that you can't see any aliasing. :lol:
In a (more accurate) defense of consoles, that screenshot looks fucking awful, even for a console game in the current generation. It seriously looks like a PS2 or XBox screen.

I don't think it's even possible that DA2 will end up looking exactly like that screenshot. Shit, how many reviewers complained about graphics in New Vegas being outdated? Bioware would be really fucking stupid to release DA2 that looks like that. Or maybe I'm just too healthy-minded to understand them.

Pegultagol

Erudite
I volunteer to play this goddamn piece of extremeness whenever it becomes released. I am not real good with words but LP of this game just might write itself.

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
NWN 2 and not any of the expansions vanilla from some random goggle picture search.

nwn2.jpg

VS DA 2

compare2.jpg

VS DA 1

dragon-age-origins-dao_25.jpg

VS the Witcher 2

witcher2_230257b.jpg

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
" Bioware must really think of their audience as a bunch of lazy illiterates."

Well.. their audience consists of the Codex and Obsidianites. 'Nough said. Hard de har har.

P.S. the graphics are fine. Not the best, but PAG.

Pegultagol

Erudite
Retconned Electron graphics.

Because you know...they have to ensure compatibility across three different platforms. Still would run like shit on PC though.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Volourn said:

No, they don't. Even if we ignore that they look like shit from a technical standpoint, that particular screenshot (and most we've seen of DA2) also look shit artistically. There's nothing, absolutely nothing positive you could say about DA2's visuals. Nil. Zero. Nada. Nichts. Nothing.

JarlFrank said:
Volourn said:

No, they don't. Even if we ignore that they look like shit from a technical standpoint, that particular screenshot (and most we've seen of DA2) also look shit artistically. There's nothing, absolutely nothing positive you could say about DA2's visuals. Nil. Zero. Nada. Nichts. Nothing.

I dunno, the shadowing looks pretty good to me :lol:

Stabwound

Arcane
Alexandros said:
So Nightmare= Normal for non stupid people? Anyway, that screenshot really is ugly as hell. Vampire the Masquerade Redemption had better graphics than this.
I honestly thought that was a picture of Redemption. I've never played it, and now I think I want to.

This is VtM: Redemption. A 10 year old game.

vampirescreen004.jpg

Does that not look better than the DA2 screenshot?

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Redemption looks far, far better though, from an artistic perspective.

DA2 is just so fucking bland and soulless. It's as if they don't care about making the game look good or giving it any good gameplay (combat, char system) because they know exactly that they only need to include lots of buttfucking and tit-groping in underwear to make their fanbase go all FUCK YEAH BEST GAEM EVAR.

Silellak

Cipher
JarlFrank said:
There's nothing, absolutely nothing positive you could say about DA2's visuals. Nil. Zero. Nada. Nichts. Nothing.
They aren't taking up space on my computer?

:yeah:

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"Does that not look better than the DA2 screenshot?"

No. Only morans think DA2's graphics suck.

Heartwarden

Educated
Jim Cojones said:
Don't worry, it will look better after you buy all the DLCs with textures for buildings and ground.
Some of the textures will probably be little more than an advert to buy the associated DLC. The best armour in the game will turn your character into a walking billboard.

It'd probably look better that way, too.

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Anyway, I hope they fix that annoying bug that makes your characters lose health when they get hit by enemies.

Tycn

Savant
CrimHead said:
Listen, I'm by no means a graphics whore, but one thing I absolutely CANNOT STAND is this trend on the current generation of consoles of not implementing any anti-aliasing WHATSOEVER.
Contradiction detected.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom