Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity II Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Mazisky

Magister
Every time I see an alert for this thread, I get my hopes up that there is some news on the upcoming patch.

:negative:

You should not. 70% of this thread has nothing to do with the game.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Radiant Spore was actually one of the few fights where I used an unconventional tactic. While everyone was dealing with vithracks and tanking those rock-throwing tentacles, my gun rogue circled around them alone and killed the spore in 5 shots.

I have a feeling it depends on the party you have. Paladin + Defensive Mindweb made that fight a joke, nothing could touch me and I breezed through it, but that goes for pretty much all fights from one point onward.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
sorry for takig so long here are the files that are by default unpacked and etracted for the user to edit in deadfire:

poe2files.png

here is a screenshot of the ((attacks)) file open in wordpad with the relevant section for an attacks DURATION value:
poe2duration.png

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
sorry for takig so long here are the files that are by default unpacked and etracted for the user to edit in deadfire:

poe2files.png

here is a screenshot of the ((attacks)) file open in wordpad with the relevant section for an attacks DURATION value:
poe2duration.png
You can use the online "JSON editor" tool, or the chrome browser extension by the same name in order to reformat and easily edit these. Just mentioning because I don't know what method you are using.

It wouldn't be difficult to write a sleek and handy editor specifically for these files, to make searching through them easier and editing more error-free. I can't promise I'll be doing that though.

Have you managed to find if these files contain the Ability Score effects, like which Ability Score affects what derived stat? Also, is it possible to change the d100 to d20, or is this hardcoded somewhere in the assembly.dll?

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
i been using a hex editor (one called crystalTile 2) to edit values but mostly because Im so used to its interface and features. Its also very fast and zippy opening up big files like this. As for your questions i havent bothered poking into the files much other than for altering recovery and casting times in abilities and attacks files.

EDIT: opening up Characters file that one has the values for classes and attributes-- for example inside the characters file you can adjust the levelling values for deflection and accuracy of a Barbarian class character along with all other values like that: base attributes and such. theres a ton of shit.

There are also values for whether or not an entity is immune to engagement that I noticed which means disabling Engagement will be quite simple for modders so we can expect that shit to be available Day 1. As for whether the attributes and what they impact Im certain those values are either in Global file or somewhere inside Characters (characters file is quite laberyinthine).

I think we can expect a ton of mods for POE 2 deadfire and thats the biggest reason Im positive about the future of the game.

You can edit those files directly or make an OVERRIDE folder and place edited copies of the files there and those changes (for better or worse) will take hold upon game launch.

it is quite easy to fuck up your game as well by editing values incorrectly as I already found out editing abilities like a nut upon launch characters were all invisible and had lost all attacks lewl.

Last edited:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

poe2files.png

poe2duration.png
:despair:
You are the first person that i have seen with the toolbar on top. It is scary to look at.

I take it you can just change the 4 to any other number.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
fantadomat

you can change shit on a per-thing basis or find the global values. the global values for Fast and Slow and Very Fast etc are under CastingTime in attacks file. You know I actually made a video a dozen or so pages ago with all attack CastingTime values increased but here it is anyway:

default chaotic shit:

the CastingTime for Fast Slow Very Fast global values doubled (two times as slow from default):

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

poe2files.png

poe2duration.png
WTF start menu win 98 style
You just have to disable the shiny looks program,totally forgot how its named. I had problem with the newer nvidia drivers and spend few months with the win98 looks,too lazy to fix it.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
windows key + R

services.msc (then press RETURN key)

find THEMES service in list

disable it

(this disables all skinning in gui)

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
it must be disheartening to have to respond diplomatically to such retarded crap like uhh u mean i can make a bad character uhh WONT BUY!

suddenly I felt a twinge of sympathy for joshy.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
He is the one who came up with no bad characters shtick.

Yea.. This is sort of the bed he made. Nobody had a reasonable expectation for "NO BAD CHOICES" until he made it a meme.
I have to assume that guy was purposefully satirizing Josh's design philosophy. If not.. wow.. are you really pandering down to retards like that?

Iskramor

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

poe2files.png

poe2duration.png
WTF start menu win 98 style
You just have to disable the shiny looks program,totally forgot how its named. I had problem with the newer nvidia drivers and spend few months with the win98 looks,too lazy to fix it.
Desktop manager session

Thonius

Arcane

Yea.. This is sort of the bed he made. Nobody had a reasonable expectation for "NO BAD CHOICES" until he made it a meme.
I have to assume that guy was purposefully satirizing Josh's design philosophy. If not.. wow.. are you really pandering down to retards like that?
Those retards are potential buyers...

Ninjerk

Arcane

gimme them dolla dolla bills

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

We are potential buys too,don't see him here explaining every little nitpick we have.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space

Those retards are pre-purchasers...

Fixed That For you.

Prime Junta

We are potential buys too,don't see him here explaining every little nitpick we have.

He's extremely conscientious about answering questions on his blog and pretty good about it on Twitter, and he doesn't discriminate against Codexian questions. Being butthurt about him not hanging out here is just retarded.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
am i going crazy or does the dark background on the left of the forum GUI shake and move around randomly?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom