Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Pre-Release Thread [BETA RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
$113 to go. Looking down on everyone below me. Also glad Dini made it home alive, even if she never had her mandated 10th shot.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
Damn it, I want the Codex pirate party. I will cancel my pledge and go through to the Codex fundraiser once I get the chance.

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I'll defo shift my pledge over once our glorious buttons are restored to the Codex. Not sure how that works because I kinda want the guidebook and mousemat to come through, those both look pretty neat, but I'll give money for buttons.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
No more pirate parties :(

If we actually get to $5,000, we'll ask Obsidian about that. Maybe they can add an additional pirate party ~just for us~. But we could also ask for a pirate inn that sails the high seas.

EDIT: Okay, apparently Bobby Null in the stream confirmed a pirate party for us if we get to $5,000. That's cool.

Also actually calling us out on not having raised enough for a pirate party yet? :argh:

(Infinitron and 42 other people rated this post "Old".)

Last edited:

2house2fly

Magister
8FyovQ6.png

:decline:
Good old Feargus, always on his hustle.

Yes, in his GDC talk about PoE he said that PoE's system isn't what he personally likes, but what he thinks the majority of the target group would like / dislike the least.
I think it's more that the infinity engines games were RTwP with a bunch of classes, so even though he'd prefer to make a turn-based classless game an infinity engine throwback got more people to bite.

She's so classless.
It just makes her more alluring to me.

PoE1 could have used a bit more humor.

Also, Patel wrote all the companion banters, which were fun enough (and injected some much-needed gags) without going overboard on the zany.
So it was her who wrote the bizarre Pallegina/Durance banters, where she comments on Durance making jokes about everything and eating all the time, two traits which aren't referenced anywhere else in the game?

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Drank some more scotch and decided to push us over 1500, which seems to have broken the forums for a few hours. :P (and no more asshole licking button, so that's incline, right?)

No clue where/how we'll get the 3500 left for a pirate party, but I'm tapped out for a month. Mostly, I just hope the game is actually good.

Also, the stream was a fun distraction to have in the background while I was working, and Anthony Davis is a bro.

Edit: Damn, all the reaction buttons are back. Crispy caved? Incline!

Popiel

Arcane
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Yeah, I decided to pledge some more as well, and perhaps more will flow from me as month passes. Don't disappoint me 'dex.

fobia

"It's a community, there's racism in every community." A. Davis

RPG Codex, known for well researched and well founded reviews, professional discourse on the forum, oh and yeah that other thing that happens here from time to time.

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer
Looks like I went to bed right before it got good. :lol:

And I hope the Codex fund goes on for a while longer, I need to get my next 6A check to chip in. :|

Sizzle

Arcane
PoE1 could have used a bit more humor.

Also, Patel wrote all the companion banters, which were fun enough (and injected some much-needed gags) without going overboard on the zany.
So it was her who wrote the bizarre Pallegina/Durance banters, where she comments on Durance making jokes about everything and eating all the time, two traits which aren't referenced anywhere else in the game?

They didn't seem that out of character:

In all his other banters he's also usually trying to get a rise out of whoever it is he's speaking with, and being ravenous and lusty does seem to fit into the Magranite Carpe Diem worldview.

Deleted member 7219

I went to bed before the stream ended, so now I'm watching the last two hours back.

Anthony Davis' appearance and voice strike odds with the mental image I have of most Codexers. He's dreamy (and I'm totally straight).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom