Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Places your bets: Fallout 4 Metascore

What will be the Fallout 4 Metascore range?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Adon

Arcane
I'm probably being too hopeful for some genuine criticism, but I voted 80-84. I just think that given other contemporary games + NV that there might be some sites who won't make fellating reviews. Although you can bet that there will be those 9/10s from paid reviewers and Bethesda fanboys.

Black

Arcane
Ironically, I foresee the most mainstream criticism coming from hipsters, they'll be the ones going "Fallout 4 is nowhere as good as the lord and saviour of rpgs, Fallout 3."
Just like with skyrim vs oblivion.

saltyshanty

Educated
Ironically, I foresee the most mainstream criticism coming from hipsters, they'll be the ones going "Fallout 4 is nowhere as good as the lord and saviour of rpgs, Fallout 3."
Just like with skyrim vs oblivion.
Ditto. I put it in the 85-89 category for that reason -- lower than Fallout 3, but, just to add insult to injury, higher than New Vegas.

PirateScum

Augur
I came here to indulge myself in betting, while drinking scotch and twirling my mustache, yet all I see is a shitty poll.
Ban Fairfax!

95. Journos would rate higher, but you know... molerats.

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
international business times accidentally broke embargo on their review https://archive.is/FLzzE
To be fair, I praised the sheer number of activities and quests available in "Dragon Age: Inquisition," a game similar to "Fallout 4." However, "Dragon Age" had a decently captivating plot and, more important, charismatic characters to invest you in their world, make you laugh and pull the story along. "Fallout 4" doesn't have either of those things.
:retarded:

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
+++ A vast and open world of unimaginable possibilities opens in front of you in Fallout IV. Great story, flawless combat system, and the option to choose your own way makes it a hot candidate for game of the year. +++ A massive, enthralling achievement. +++ Thrillingly dark, gruesomely adult and one of the most atmospheric games ever. +++ But Fallout IV has fidelity to its predecessors in more important ways, such as offering an incredible depth of role-playing opportunities. +++ In Fallout IV Bethesda has made a very good thing, though it is somewhat hampered by the lack of variable scenery and a VATS that plays less than perfectly. +++

Cadmus

Arcane
It won't go below 90 for sure. 92 maybe?
How have Bethesda managed to avoid the sexism criticisms so well? I think there will be a mention of "playing a female protagonist for the first time in the series" and possibly something about how blowing up women with a machine gun is a tiny bit sexist.

Pros:
Innovative character development - autism perk
Gorgeous graphics - what the fuck you think those journos would say the game looks like shit? Are you high?
Incredible options for role-playing - see that copy-pasted gas station? You can loot all the boxes in it!
Sweet loot - RPGs are about combat and loot, I bet you this fucking sentence will be there.
Engaging story - it's difficult to find somebody who has seen your middle aged son, have you seen him?

Cons:
reviewer died in 3 times the first fight - the game is too difficult

MAYBE:
I'm 45 years old and don't have time to play stupid games on my xbox, the game is too long. Why can't the games be shorter? I'm not a teen anymore!!!!

Deleted member 7219

It'll be 90+ for sure.

If it beats the 93 attained by The Witcher 3, then all hope is lost. The Witcher 3 didn't have bobbleheads, dialogue wheels, shooting, or an emotionally engaging story about fathers and sons.

Jezal_k23

90-95 for sure. Although I'd definitely find it amusing to see the shitstorm that would happen if it went below 90 (oh noes!).

SwiftCrack

Arcane
97, only minusses come from polygon and kotaku for not having a wide palette of blue hair dye and a cissy-killer button.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
90-95. Some of the flaws simply can't be glossed over by even the hardiest of Mountain Dew drinkers.

pippin

I predict a similar situation to Bioshock infinite: many GOTYAT awards, 111/10 scores, fags drooling over it, etc. However it will be quickly forgotten by the general public, and even some opposing voices will rise and point out how it's a general dumbing down in comparison with the previous games.
It will def. not as successful as Skyrim was.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
I'm predicting very high scores, and plenty of GOTY awards. Maybe a handful of B-lister publications and websites might give it a lower score and point to shit like the dumbed down dialogue options, lackluster graphics, and so on, but they'll be far from the majority.

Think the biggest overarching complaint that'll spring up will be directed at the Bethesda-quality bugginess of the initial release, but that'll be about it.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
Almost forgot to mention the wave of post-release articles accusing the playerbase of being privileged babies for complaining about how buggy the game is, which will then do a 180 a few months later and start complaining about how AAA devs are now almost exclusively releasing unfinished products.

pippin

The complains about poorly optimized and unfinished final products have been out there for many years now. It's mostly due to the diversity of hardware and software available out there and how you can't really check if the game will work with every single hardware combination possible. And this is made worse by the fact that most devs and publishers make deals with Nvidia or AMD.

Adon

Arcane
That's easy to explain. They have to wait till their paid review has expired so they actually mention the game breaking negatives.

89%. It lacks the 'new' veneer Fallout 3 had, and just enough people who came in with that title are going to recognize the downgrading done in comparison. The majority will regard it as a great game but not the game changer its predecessor was.

Incidentally almost all of them will say it's buggy like New Vegas, not 3. Because that dagger needs to be dug into your spine just a little bit more.

SmartCheetah

Arcane
90+ for sure. Users? Some people will bash it, and Bethesda fanboys will gag with their cock on their daily routine. Eventually, most of the people will raise their score because of AWESUM MODS. Especially kids who have never seen real tits and genitals, and all the anime retards who won't see anything wrong with plastic-doll beauty assassins in their postapo games.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
The complains about poorly optimized and unfinished final products have been out there for many years now. It's mostly due to the diversity of hardware and software available out there and how you can't really check if the game will work with every single hardware combination possible. And this is made worse by the fact that most devs and publishers make deals with Nvidia or AMD.
If it turns out to be Arkham Knight levels of bad optimization, expect a lot of threads in the Steam community page from Bethtards spewing anecdotal BS about since they're not having any issue with the game, therefore the problem doesn't actually exist and people are just exaggerating.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom