Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Play AoD #2 is up at RPGWatch

Lord Chambers

Erudite
The article should be called Lets Play part 2. Lets Play #2 has a different meaning.

elander_

Arbiter
flabbyjack said:
Interesting use of skills to modify the player's perception of the story through dialogue choices.

That one was a very nice touch.

Country_Gravy

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2
This game is going to be great! The massive amount of choices are going to definately make me want to play it over and over with several different character types. It sounds like this will change the game quite a bit. It is supposed to come out this summer, right?

Hory

Erudite
Lord Chambers said:
The article should be called Lets Play part 2. Lets Play #2 has a different meaning.
"Let's Play #2" is as far from the intended meaning as "Let's Play part 2" is. "Let's Play" should be separated from the count, like this, for example: "Part 2 of Let's Play" or "Let's Play, #2".

inwoker said:
thursday, 2008
Yeah, but indie devs often miss release dates. It might get pushed to friday or even monday...

flabbyjack

Arcane
None of these titles have anything to do with the content within, therefore I suggest a subtitle -- Let's Play AoD #2 : The Assin' returns

All the dialogue is in quotations. So funny! I wonder if they used any recorded dialogue... probably not. There's no room in Dick Cheney's America for voice actors!

Jaime Lannister

Arbiter
flabbyjack said:
All the dialogue is in quotations. So funny! I wonder if they used any recorded dialogue... probably not. There's no room in Dick Cheney's America for voice actors!

what

Jaime Lannister

Arbiter
Jaime Lannister said:
Jaime Lannister said:
Jaime Lannister said:
flabbyjack said:

what

the

fuck

are you talking about? I could give you a spiel about how indie games can't afford VO, quotations were necessary because there is narration in the dialog, and how that part about Dick Cheney is irrelevant, but I smell a troll.

Shagnak

Shagadelic
flabbyjack said:
Err...wut.

Anyway, not all dialogue is in quotes, and the inconsistency sticks out a bit (at least to my eyes); i.e. compare this and this.

Amasius

Augur
Haven't you read the thing?
article said:
Also, up until this moment, the forces of good were engaged in an epic battle with the sons of shaitan who demanded quotation marks in dialogues. The forces of good have lost, which is why the dialogues look different now.

flabbyjack

Arcane
inwoker said:
whatisrecordeddialogue?

Voice-overs. You know, the thing publishers insist upon that ruins games by cutting dialogue down to about 5% of the content.

It's a lot easier to write out some text than to hire voice actors, pay them monies, edit and organize the sound bites into files, and queue them up in the program properly. If you guys don't know what Dick Cheney's America is you should go outside once in a while.

PS - I smell a spamming forum whore.

Lord Chambers

Erudite
Would this be a bad time to mention I'm a card-carrying member of Dick Cheney's America, Neocon division? We drive hummers that run on oil imperialism.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom