Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Please, please help me find a rpg to play

treborSux

Arcane
I don't know what minecraft does besides my kids like to watch people play it on youtube on their little shitty computer things.
Here's a good rpg. Roleplay as a dad so your kids don't turn into us.

Roqua

Prospernaut
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual In My Safe Space
I was gonna post some games, but clearly this is just Roqua being edgy again... saying Lords of the Fallen is better than Dark Souls is such nonsense it doesn't even qualify as trolling, just plain stupidity.

Well, with all the great points you make as to why I guess it must be true. I'm pretty sure edgy people are the ones spouting shit without points since normal people have been explaining themselves forever without the edgy moniker. You fucking retarded monkeys never learn, do you?

You are so edgy!!! Look, you didn't even use a picture! That makes you like edgy^2.
Here's a good rpg. Roleplay as a dad so your kids don't turn into us.

I spend far more time with my kids than most people in my position. But thanks for the advice.

Roqua

Prospernaut
I know you guys from third world shitholes must have itchy ball problems like mine and you are purposefully withholding the cure. What is it? Freshly killed chicken blood? Goat sperm? Bone marrow of gypsy?

Explorerbc

Arcane
Roqua got so triggered in GD he is starting to fall into a spiral of shitposting madness on the rest of the codex.

Roqua

Prospernaut
Roqua got so triggered in GD he is starting to fall into a spiral of shitposting madness on the rest of the codex.

Triggered by what? Is everyone here really confusing or really stupid? I have a really hard time understanding how I can go through my life without being confused until I come on this site and it is just weird shit and meaningless pictures and people with answers refusing to answer simple questions about itchy stinky balls.

Is it powdered Jew horn?

treborSux

Arcane
1) Try washing your balls. You sound like a fat sweaty digusting person.

2) Collect all the bells in Deadly Towers on NES

laclongquan

Arcane
Hmmm... This call for a heavy treatment. :australia:

How about a dose of Parasite Eve 2? It is a RPG heavier than Resident Evil series. You run around as Aya Breia, a blondie leggy chick, shoot everything in the face, from New York to Nevada. You can buy power with XP, because you are supergirl whose power is unconsciously sealed away. End game, you save your clone, get the guy, and live happily ever after...
(I wish, the sequel dash that dream to the ground~)

I dont recommend 1 because it's FF7/F1 level of blocky graphic.

Failing that, a bigger dose of Academagia. Praised as Harry Potter in Magic School the proper way it's supposed to be.

You create a character, join a school, learn magic, get adventure. It is surprisingly text-heavy and data-heavy. it got shitload of quests, shitload of skills, and shitload of characters. An endgame save run noticably more sluggish than first day save. 7runs might not be enough.
If you sneer at it as a kid game, it will grab your face and repeatedly facefuck you like a facehugger. Think of it as King of Dragon Pass in heavy steroid.

I got a few more, but it's a bit too extreme.
:timetoburn:

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
saying Lords of the Fallen is better than Dark Souls is such nonsense it doesn't even qualify as trolling, just plain stupidity.
Not saying you're wrong here but that's rich coming from a guy who rated Undertale 5/5 and loves jRPGs.

Roqua

Prospernaut
Hmmm... This call for a heavy treatment. :australia:

How about a dose of Parasite Eve 2? It is a RPG heavier than Resident Evil series. You run around as Aya Breia, a blondie leggy chick, shoot everything in the face, from New York to Nevada. You can buy power with XP, because you are supergirl whose power is unconsciously sealed away. End game, you save your clone, get the guy, and live happily ever after...
(I wish, the sequel dash that dream to the ground~)

I dont recommend 1 because it's FF7/F1 level of blocky graphic.

Failing that, a bigger dose of Academagia. Praised as Harry Potter in Magic School the proper way it's supposed to be.

You create a character, join a school, learn magic, get adventure. It is surprisingly text-heavy and data-heavy. it got shitload of quests, shitload of skills, and shitload of characters. An endgame save run noticably more sluggish than first day save. 7runs might not be enough.
If you sneer at it as a kid game, it will grab your face and repeatedly facefuck you like a facehugger. Think of it as King of Dragon Pass in heavy steroid.

I got a few more, but it's a bit too extreme.
:timetoburn:

Parasite Eve 2 is console only and the Harry Potter game is $25 and a visual novel. I thank you very much for the recommendations though. What are the extreme ones?
saying Lords of the Fallen is better than Dark Souls is such nonsense it doesn't even qualify as trolling, just plain stupidity.
Not saying you're wrong here but that's rich coming from a guy who rated Undertale 5/5 and loves jRPGs.

He's clearly wrong because if he was right he could have made a point, but didn't. Just like all the other hipsters that love hipster bullshit - the reason they like it and the reason it is so obviously great is bandwagon. I compared and contrasted both and no one will be able to refute any of my points and sound sane or anything but a hipster idiot.

laclongquan

Arcane
Calling Academagia a visual novel is an insult to both Academagia and visual novels genre. Like I said, kinda like King of Dragon Pass on steroid in term of gameplay, kinda like Harry Potter at school in term of setting.

As for the term console only, I dont know if you heard of the little thing call emulators. This here is 2016, PS1 emulator is fully matured. Hell, even PS2 is 90% matured already. Install that little app on your computer and up you go~

laclongquan

Arcane
For the extreme ones.

Prince of Qin (PC). It's damn good, and surprisingly so. It follow a different design philosophy than the western ones, so it's like a breath of fresh air. The item craft aspect is very advanced for its age. Thinks Diablo2 in China, with better item craft, and 7 endings.

Ring of Red (PS2). It's a mecha game with heavy political tone that make potential players run away. In term of gameplay it's solid. Think Mech Commander 2 in wartorn grounds of Japan, but more RPG elements. A bit short~

Hammer & Sickle, Silent Storm Sentinels, and Silent Storm (all PC). In that order. The reverse order is fine if you want a JA2 successor instead of heavy cRPG.

makiavelli747

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Village Idiot Shitposter
"sea dogs: to each his own" is a great game, it has realistic combat, complex ground combat, good quests, a lot of micromanagement, massive open world
also hardcore

Roid King

Educated
There are three sequels to Sea dogs - Pirates of the Caribbean, and Age of pirates 1 & 2. Unfortunately, they went for the whole "ghost pirate" approach with PotC, rather than historical accuracy, and kept it with the AoP games. Not a big deal gameplay-wise, but still annoying for us who are sick of seeing Johnny Depp and the god damn Black Pearl everywhere. Otherwise, they are fairly similar, and decent as far as sequels go. In particular Age of pirates 2 with supermods has some absolutely fantastic ship-to-ship combat.

Lhynn

Arcane
The problem with academagia is that its a text based game with no interesting writing to be found.

Lonely Vazdru

Pimp my Title
Hammer & Sickle, Silent Storm Sentinels, and Silent Storm (all PC). In that order. The reverse order is fine if you want a JA2 successor instead of heavy cRPG.

Those are pretty cool, even though I didn't enjoy H&S that much, but I'd be surprised if Roqua didn't know about them already.

I don't have any suggestions to make but I do follow this thread in hope of finding some new quality game :obviously: to play. I'm not holding my breath, but who knows...

Roid King

Educated
Is Hammer & Sickle playable? I've heard some negative things about its stability, to the point of it being outright broken. That was somewhat of a problem with SS & SSS for me (liked the games, but had serious issues with broken save games and crashes).

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
It's pretty playable, you just need the patch that removes shitty Starforce DRM.

Roid King

Educated
Yeah, Starforce is the devil.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom