Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[Poll] Mass Effect 3™ predictions, given what we've seen so far.

I think that...

• ....ME3 will be MAJESTIC! (I will be down in engineering calibrating the "Vega" cannon.)

Votes: 7 7.5%
  • ...ME3 will be an ok game. (I want to be a Reaper!)

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • ...ME3 will be a fun pop-a-moler, nothing else. (cover, pew! cover, pew! cover, pew!)

Votes: 22 23.7%
  • ...ME3 will be a mediocre shooter at best. (It lacks some Brotheans to get better.)

Votes: 15 16.1%
  • ...ME3 will suck David Gaider's hairy toes. (Fucking piece of shit, ARMA3 for GOTY 2012!)

Votes: 15 16.1%
  • ...ME3 will make me cry. (It's so emotional I can't play it.).

• ...ME3 will make me cry. (It's so awful I feel like pulling my eyeballs out with a spoon.).

Votes: 16 17.2%
  • ...ME3 will be too hard to play. (Comrade of Reapers.)

• Total voters

racofer

Thread Incliner
From what we've seen so far regarding ME3, considering:
  • All the hype going around it;
  • The lame excuses Bioware is making regarding the retarded design decisions they've taken;
  • The drama surrounding the demo and leak betas;
  • Bioware's constant deflection of any sort of criticism whatsoever;
  • Day one DLCs;
  • DA2 similarity regarding EMOSHUN and EXTREME and pre-release hype;
  • Bioware's incapability of learning from past mistakes ("What mistakes? We've never made such a thing!");
What do you think ME3 will be like? Do you think ME3 could be as shitty as DA2?

Discuss!!

Self-Ejected

ScottishMartialArts

Self-Ejected
So will Mass Effect 3 finally feature you, the captain of a starship, actually commanding said starship in battle? When I played Mass Effect 1, everything seemed to be building towards an end game scenario where you command the Normandy in an engagement, a la Star Trek: Bridge Commander. Of course, something that awesome was left out, and as far as I know ME2 didn't have it either.

racofer

Thread Incliner
So will Mass Effect 3 finally feature you, the captain of a starship, actually commanding said starship in battle? When I played Mass Effect 1, everything seemed to be building towards an end game scenario where you command the Normandy in an engagement, a la Star Trek: Bridge Commander. Of course, something that awesome was left out, and as far as I know ME2 didn't have it either.
But commanding a starship is not what RPGs are about, SMA.

In RPGs you gather companions, gain their loyalty, upgrade your gear, romance someone and emotionally brawl with a final boss in an epic battle of ultimate epicness.

Angthoron

Arcane
It'll suck a curious amount of cocks, but I'll enjoy it via LPs and lulz threads on this lovely forum!

hoopy

Savant
I don't think it'll have anything going for it. The action is lame and the characters and story are too far removed from the first game. No reason to play it.

Chuck Norris

Augur
I hate this game so much that I ordered a couple of gangs and thugs under my command to attack the vans that carry the boxes of the game to the stores around the town. Can't wait to see the results.

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
I hate this game so much that I ordered a couple of gangs and thugs under my command to attack the vans that carry the boxes of the game to the stores around the town. Can't wait to see the results.

Chuck I am dissapoint.Are you getting soft in your old age?You should do it yourself and roundhouse kick the vans to the moon

Derek Larp

Cipher

Heh that was the best part of ME1 for me when I played it, that short moment between leaving the citadel, as captain now, in charge of your own trusted ship and crew, ready to face the challenges of commanding a military spaceship...

...and then realising that you command exactly shit and the galaxy map is just a glorified menu.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
To be fair, I'm not sure ME's hard sci-fi realistic ship-to-ship combat (as described in the game's "Galactic Codex") would work well as a game mechanic.

Of course, Biowhore can just ignore that.

Kz3r0

Arcane
To be fair, I'm not sure ME's hard sci-fi realistic ship-to-ship combat (as described in the game's "Galactic Codex") would work well as a game mechanic.

:hmmm:

racofer

Thread Incliner

If the ship "slides" in the galactic map when you release the "throttle" ( :lol: ), this implies that ME3 now has Newtonian Physics and is the most advanced space combat simulator do date.

CrustyBot

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Missing a 10/10 GOTY 2012!! option.

I will play it for the lulz factor. I don't think it'll be that bad, but watching Biodrones and the press felate a mediocre game with some very stupid design decisions and overrated writing to high HEAVAN is either going to be painful or GLORIOUS.

Hellraiser

Arcane
It will be a mediocre popamole shooter where they make the choices from the 2 previous games insignificant despite all the bullshit their hype machine claimed. Also I expect the trilogy's conclusion to be absolutely retarded and filled with ridiculous plot twists. Because the writers will no doubt mostly focus on pleasing their core audience of creepy slashfic writers by having every species/sex romance pairing available to Commander Shepard. Best case scenario it might be good for some mindless popamole action like ME2.

I expect the consoletards and other "experts" on the RPG genre to call it a masterpiece or near-masterpiece second only Skyrim despite that. Some people might see things for what they are and start complaining but they will get hit with "END OF LINE" after drowning in the deluge of apologist bullshit posted by biodrones.

BTW I can't wait to see the excuses the moron apologists will come up with. Especially those who were saying "they have 6 months to change that, nothing is final" after the leaked alpha/beta revealed the levels of derp in the story. Now that will be MAJESTIC.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
It'll be terrible just like ME1 and ME2 but people will still love it.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
It will make us miss the Skyrim threads from last December.
No wait it already is

MapMan

Arcane
I like the space opera setting, but the story is so derpy and the combat mechanics are so shitty, I just cant play it. I have no idea, how people find mass effects combat enjoyable. I voted it'll be a mediocre shooter at best.

Ion Prothon II

Liturgist
Mediocre shooter at best with a shitload of derp content. In terms of gameplay I expect it to be like that: Shattered Steel > ME1 > ME3 > ME2.

Dunno,just killed terminator reaper minutes ago and i feel bad taste in my mouth and its not cheep cigar...i mean thats too,but you got the idea.
Galactic don't recognize me as ultimate, extreme, galactic defender and some npcs still talking, about bringing the colectors down, after suicidal mission,except some of them pat my back for destroying base.
Maybe i grab more from tpb.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom