Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Post an obnoxious LP'er

Repressed Homosexual

This guy takes the cake. He begins each part of his 75 parts LP of Phantasy Star 2 with "HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYY!!!!!" in the most infuriating way possible. He constantly makes stupid comments and constantly tries to sound whiny and entitled, saying things like "I'm so tired of this dungeon, f***, lol". He sounds like an extremely spoiled, entitled brat, is brazen as hell, and he swears like a sailor.

Felix

Arcane
11798.jpg

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
This guy takes the cake. He begins each part of his 75 parts LP of Phantasy Star 2 with "HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYY!!!!!" in the most infuriating way possible. He constantly makes stupid comments and constantly tries to sound whiny and entitled, saying things like "I'm so tired of this dungeon, f***, lol". He sounds like an extremely spoiled, entitled brat, is brazen as hell, and he swears like a sailor.

That's because it IS just a dumbfuck kid with way too much time on his hands.

Finding a good LP'er is not as easy as it sounds. Finding a good LP'er who plays the games you like is the proverbial four-leaf clover.

PS. What's with all the ranting and raving about Prisoner of Ice? It's like nobody even remembers the disappointment that was Deadlock 2 any more.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
What a pointless effort, in that case we should post here about ~95% of LPs.
The good ones are overwhelmed by screaming turds and Minecraft stuff. Or just abandoned the ship.

Vibalist

Arcane

So this guy is doing an LP of Slender. Is there a better way to drain every last drop of horror and fear out of a game like this than to fucking talk over it all the time?

I just went looking for a walkthrough of Outlast about an hour ago, and the first two results were also LP's where they'd talk and talk and talk. And now it's apparantly also modern to have a small feed of yourself in the top corner while you play, so people can see your ugly face while listening to your dumb voice.

I fucking hate LP'ers.

Drew

Savant
Wait, there are good LP'ers? I thought the only reason people did that was to get some sort of recognition for their own narcissism.
If that isn't the only reason, why would anyone think that people would be interested in watching people play video games, instead of just playing themselves?
I guess maybe walkthroughs or introductory videos might be useful, but most games don't even need them.

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
It's more a difference between, "This is watchable/This is informative/This isn't painful" and "FUUUUUUCK THIS GAME IS DONKEY SHIT! I RAPE YOU GAME DESIGNER! AHAH AHAHHAHA! THIS GAME SUCKS!"

Cassidy

Arcane
Andhaira's ploy to get out of his moderation queue lamp with a faux Legend of Grimrock Let's Play also deserves mention. In truth that is probably the most obnoxious Let's Play in RPG Codex, because while Prisoner of Ice at least got somewhere, that one didn't even get a real start.

Vibalist

Arcane
Wait, there are good LP'ers?

Yeah, I think there is. People that know to shut up during cutscenes and dialog and have interesting things to say about/perspectives on the games they're playing.

I watched a Bloodlines LP a few years ago (don't remember by whom, though) where the guy doing it had plenty of interesting observations on the game, understood it and obviously appreciated its strengths. At that time I had already played Bloodlines for the billionth time, so it was very fun to witness someone else's experience of it. Kind of like when you go here and read a discussion of a game you already know but is still interested in other people's opinions on.

Drew

Savant
I'm not disinterested in other peoples opinions on games, I'd just rather play it myself than watch someone else play it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom