Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wasteland Post Bugs Here

Endemic

Arcane
Downloaded WL2 from GOG, installed and patched it. Created my party and started a new game. Then it crashes to desktop after several minutes waiting for the loading bar to fill up.

Is this possibly related to the memory issues mentioned on the blog?

jagged-jimmy

Prophet
Codex 2012
Temple of the Titan - triggering the alarm in the temple launching room (and summoning the monks) causes major slow down to the point of lagging. This stays on the map above too during the DBM vs Monk fight. Only on the revisit of the map ("DBMs won" map then) - is everything back to normal again.

Rhalle

Magister
When you choose Highpool and later go to Ag Center, it's either Angela or Vulture's Cry-- I forget which one-- that has a line of dialogue in the wrong place.

Outside the building, before you click to go inside, one of them says, in effect: "There's something wrong with this man"

Pretty clearly she's supposed to say it once you actually zone into the building and see what's-his-face.

St. Toxic

Arcane
Haven't noticed all that many bugs, other than the aforementioned tearing (and crashing) in HP roach dungeon and combat shadow-bug. There's a creepy sound-loop of someone walking around and opening/closing doors in the oddest of places, such as deserted shrines or inside the cargo plane. Also, that DBM "shadowy figure" guy says "Thanks for the bomb" whether or not you disable it.

When you choose Highpool and later go to Ag Center, it's either Angela or Vulture's Cry-- I forget which one-- that has a line of dialogue in the wrong place.

Outside the building, before you click to go inside, one of them says, in effect: "There's something wrong with this man"

Pretty clearly she's supposed to say it once you actually zone into the building and see what's-his-face.
It's Vulture's cry, She said it when I crossed the first pod person you encounter. I wondered what she was on about, I thought maybe she was talking about the pod person, but that wouldn't make much sense, no shit there's something wrong with it..
Definitely supposed to be in the building.

Saduj

Arcane
During the final prison encounter, Danforth ran out to attack me and his dog followed but at the end of her turn, she laid on the ground sick. I ran over and healed the dog with one of my characters while still in combat. Danforth reacted by telling me to get to the kennels to heal the rest of the dogs. But he remained hostile, as did all of his men. In order for combat to end, I had to kill everyone except the dog. When I got to the kennels and healed another dog, it became hostile and attacked me. I killed this second dog but combat would not end unless I also killed Danforth's dog, which was still in the front courtyard. I had to move my rangers several screens while in combat mode to get over to her.

I'm assuming that the Danforth floating text I saw was meant to be seen only if I had healed the dog after successfully reaching an agreement with Danforth via dialogue. Either that or Danforth and his men should have stopped attacking me after I healed his dog. Also, if the dogs were going to remain hostile towards me no matter what, then Danforth's dog should have been treated as a hostile in the first encounter. It was annoying to have to travel that far in combat mode.

jagged-jimmy

Prophet
Codex 2012
[Angel Oracle]: Party size check is wrong when getting your team member back out of prison (Entering map with Fletcher).
Popup appears saying that you party is full, although it's not. Previously enprisoned team member stays at the gate and cannot be talked to (and is probably lost forever).

Workaround - dismiss one member before trigering the the cut sequence. With 2 free spaces - prisoner joins fine, then you can pick up the dismissed guy.

Sinatar

Arbiter
[Angel Oracle]: Party size check is wrong when getting your team member back out of prison (Entering map with Fletcher).
Popup appears saying that you party is full, although it's not. Previously enprisoned team member stays at the gate and cannot be talked to (and is probably lost forever).

Workaround - dismiss one member before trigering the the cut sequence. With 2 free spaces - prisoner joins fine, then you can pick up the dismissed guy.
This was fixed in the first patch. Have you updated?

Any ETA on Hollywood getting a patch pass? I've heard too many horror stories to progress through it in it's current state.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
So, um, I finished Damonta, Silo 7, Temple of Titan and the Prison - yet when I come back to the Ranger Citadel, Vargas is not there. The quest to kill Danforth is still in my active quests list, even though it does say "problem solved".

So is this a bug or when is Vargas coming back? There is literally nothing left to do.

EDIT: I have the first patch installed.

lurker3000

Arcane
So, um, I finished Damonta, Silo 7, Temple of Titan and the Prison - yet when I come back to the Ranger Citadel, Vargas is not there. The quest to kill Danforth is still in my active quests list, even though it does say "problem solved".

So is this a bug or when is Vargas coming back? There is literally nothing left to do.

EDIT: I have the first patch installed.

Vargas is in the back by the big door you cannot open.

Also I'm sure its a feature but having 10 in lock picking and only having a 33% chance to open a lock is a pain in the ass. If you are going to have locks/safes/alarms/traps/walls/toasters/perception checks with a difficulty level over 10 I think the trinkets should be able to put your skill over 10.

lurker3000

Arcane
I got a bug which I'm sure has been reported:

When you talk to Sister Yee in Griffith and ask about the Ecstatics she gives you the same dialog as Maggie when you ask her about them.

lurker3000

Arcane
Why does McDade act like he has never talked to you before after you come back from talking to veronica for him? Disconcerting.

edit: And why does Flo vote against you after you kill her boss and put her in charge. That bitch is going to get murdered after I finish everything in the area.

Last edited:

Rhalle

Magister
A music track-- the one that appears on the character appearance/portrait-making screen but is used all over the game-- has the sound of footseps in it.

They are even in stereo and walk from one channel to the other.

Surely this has been mentioned many times, right?

Last edited:

Black

Arcane
She was gone for me. Maybe Heidi just disposes of her since she's useless to her.

lurker3000

Arcane
If you tell Heidi about Veronica's lover is Veronica just...gone?

Heidi says she is going to get rid of her because she is no use once she is in love. she also implies it when you first take the mission. So no working both angles on that one.

Anyone getting the wrong finishing screens? It said I gave the nuke to the DBM when in reality I disarmed in. Not that big of a deal I guess.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik

Yes. I did the same thing.

This is a mess because if you want to bring peace to that location then it is important to avoid finishing the Veronica quest until there is new management at the Church of Retards.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik

Heidi says she is going to get rid of her because she is no use once she is in love. she also implies it when you first take the mission. So no working both angles on that one.

Anyone getting the wrong finishing screens? It said I gave the nuke to the DBM when in reality I disarmed in. Not that big of a deal I guess.

Not in my case. The canyon became a radioactive shit hole.

Saduj

Arcane
I read that Hollywood is a buggy mess but its a lot worse than I was expecting.

There is an unlimited experience bug with Raji in the graveyard. If you rescue Josie and bring her back he will give you XP and the lockpicking skill book every time you talk to him afterwards.

After destroying the salt lab, I took the ladder up to Heidi's room and picked up some items there. When I went back down, I noticed that Heidi was now in the salt lab. She did not say anything or attack me. But the game considered her a hostile and I would get the crosshairs if I hovered over her. If I kill her, when I go back to the surface McDade is by the gate asking me to take care of Jones, who took over Griffith Park. He acts as if I had solved the Broken Man quest even though I hadn't. If I go talk to Veronica, she correctly behaves as if the Broken Man quest is not resolved. I don't know what happens after this because I reloaded and didn't kill Heidi. She acts as if nothing had happened when I see her later.

I don't know if this is a bug or just bad quest design: In Griffith Park, I had spoken with Fealty Mayweather before verifying that Simms was murdered. "Simms" was a dialogue option but she doesn't want to talk about it and I have nothing to say. I eventually went back to Hollywood, resolved Broken Man and line up the votes for Veronica. Later on I go back to Griffith and I went outside and spoke to the head Paladin who admitted to murdering Simms. I go back inside and talk to Fealty and she only wants to talk about joining the church. No dialogue options for telling her what I've learned. Typing in words like "Simms" and "husband" and "murder" do nothing. So I go back outside and decide to take Simm's eye from the case. The Paladins attack and I kill them. Nobody else at Griffith seems to give a shit that I've killed their elite guards. I take the eye and go back to talk to Fealty and.... Still no options to talk to her about Simms. I seem to be at a dead end as far as putting McDade in power goes. I haven't joined the church yet so I'll give that a try and see if that opens things up.

Saduj

Arcane
OK so that last one isn't a bug. Just needed to sign up with McDade in order to open up the quest. I thought I had done that already based on conversation in Veronica's room but not a big deal....

Brofisted sea for being polite enough not to call me out on it.

jagged-jimmy

Prophet
Codex 2012
I think quest flags for siding with Matthias are wrong.

I got rid of Leather Jerks at Rodia before. When Matthias asks me to deal with Rodia i can answer "It's done".
Oracle i have to do - kill and come back.
I got a peaceful solution at Hollywood, electing Veronica. When Matthias asks me to deal with Hollywood - i can answer "They are no more" (Griffith and Hollywood). Wierd.

I would expect to have to go to Rodia and kill the Mayor. Same for Veronica/McDade.

Pegultagol

Erudite
Griffith Park was a strange one, I let McDade take over, but no peep from Heidi or Veronica of what is going on there.
Heidi wants us to talk to Veronica, but we already talked to her while Heidi was at the funeral and exhausted her dialogue options. Now Veronica doesn't offer any dialogue for us to complete the task.
We killed the Swifty by going down the area and recovered the evidence but apparently can't progress further as all leads relating to it are either nonexistent or shut.
After Ecstatic Knights attacked and the penitents were for all intents and purposes without their minder, the younger brother laments, but still end up reuniting with his brother in Los Feliz
There is no way to click or hover on NPCs to see their health or initiate even a blurb of dialogue in Los Feliz and Griffith area. Is it intended?
The graphics separating from background issue still persist in Angels Oracle and Hollywood area.

EDIT: I did use the save that I kept before the latest patch, but I refrained from going to California before applying the patch plus the hotfix

Last edited:

Disgruntled

Savant
I cant tell if something is bugged with my AR or AR using char.
He has 118% chance to hit with the AK-97, the highest out of the whole party, and yet it drops to an avg of 70-90% in actual combat (using burstfire against random hollywood enemies in optimal range).

It doesnt feel right when he switches to a pistol he is barely proficient with and still retains 50-70% CtH on the same enemies.

Is this a quirk with the Ak-97 and or burstfire? Surely it would state a lower CtH on the description. Maybe the weapon mods that add CtH being ignored or going into the negative instead?
Or its his AR skill not being accounted properly. Confusing.

*Ive now upgraded to the G41 and the burstfire is giving me 90-100%, seems like the AK had an issue

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom