Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Post rating system

Raxmus

Novice
I think it is a good idea to implement some kind of post rating system whereby each post has an option to be "rated" by 2 icons next to the post (let's say, a thumbs up and a thumbs down). Then there should be a + or - rating next to the post indicating its total. This would discourage trolls and spammers as they would be humiliated and have their self esteem crushed by their consistently low post ratings, while the elite posters who provide the site with content, info, and high brow humour will be rated higher and feel good about themselves.

If you agree, type "/thumb +" or something similar. If you disagree, type "/thumb -" and then we will take a total at the end. If the score is high, DU will have no choice but to make this a permanent feature.

Unwanted

Atheist

Unwanted
Shitposter
the software i use allows this, the ratings i added are "like", "gay" "america" and "citation needed"

it's pretty stupid

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
I appreciate your fine wit, my good man. However to go with the spirit of said wit, I must conclude with the following rebuke : you are a faggot

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Anyone who only posts 43 times in a period of just over three years obviously lacks the wisdom, patience and commitment to be seriously considered a desirable member of the Codex.

So ban this fagg0rt, I say.

I think it is a good idea to implement some kind of post rating system whereby each post has an option to be "rated" by being quoted with a reply (let's say, something like "Good post!" or "You're retarded!"). Then there would be series of replies following the post indicating its quality. This would discourage trolls and spammers as they would be humiliated and have their self esteem crushed by consistently having everyone harangue them, while the elite posters who provide the site with content, info, and high brow humor will be duly applauded and feel good about themselves.

If you agree, quote this post and reply with "Good post!" or something similar. If you disagree, type "You're retarded!" and then we will take the replies as an indicator of quality. If the indication is high, DU will have no choice but to make this a permanent feature.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
They say sarcasm is the lowest form of wit.

I don't care though

:smug:

tarkin

Augur
Wasteland 2
Yeah, we had a retard button. It was funny for a week but it was also abused from day one. I say do not go for it.

Also since when writing a response is not good enough?
See, like this: 0/10 would not read again lolz.

EG

Nullified
The Ignore button is the only rating system needed.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom