Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline PS4 wins the console war against XboxONE, yet it is a hollow victory as Consolesdämmerung is upon us

Felix

Arcane
And development cost will escalate further forcing many studios to close their doors, nothing change, how long do I have to wait until this market crash again?

Dexter

Arcane
Finally going to get some games like they've been possible 5-7 years ago on PC will be great though :P Seeing DX11 effects and large world in this new shit :P

Maybe we'll even get a sequel to Crysis one of these days.

fizzelopeguss

Arcane
Look at the CPU and a videocard bro.

Thief 1/2 had bigger levels than any "stealth" piece of shit on cuntsoles and they didn't need 8 gigs of RAM.

So you will have your bigger levels but they will look like ass compared to what PC can do and will be mostly empty because welcome to the shitty CPU.

I don't give a shit about the consoles themselves, I'll never buy one. But multi-platform's the standard these days and with this new generation, PCs being dragged down by console popamole hopefully won't be quite as blatant anymore. Of course, a pretty turd coated in gold is still a turd at the end of the day. I was so disappointed with the new Hitman - if (when) the new Thief suffers the same treatment, it will be a dark day indeed.

The typical ram bottleneck won't be an issue for years if the specs are correct.

One of the launch titles is a killzone installment, an utterly generic shooter with regenning health and cover based mechanics.

And development cost will escalate further forcing many studios to close their doors, nothing change, how long do I have to wait until this market crash again?

Costs to produce a game are escalating because developing studios are incompetent and because for every million spent in development another 2 million needs to be spent in advertising. That is all.

If anything costs should be going down now. So much time is spent trying to file down the requirements of a game until it barely fits under what the console can handle.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I would guess the on-foot stuff was relatively doable, looked like Crysis 3 on PC, but the flying stuff might have been video mixed with assets. I don't know. People are saying the memory and architecture might actually make this thing more powerful than it looks to a layman.

Either way I know if they're pushing tech that much the industry's problems are only going to get worse.

Oh mang, some kinda hipster political statement being made in favour of a game that's undoubtedly popamole

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Hahaha let's get super embarrassingly intense and political to introduce our super hero sequel game.

Mortmal

Arcane
Must say the games are impressive, graphically at least, but its the same as before with likely higher budget and higher polygon count as expected + some faceboook shit.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I think the witness looked interesting. The only game I'd play so far, perhaps besides that first one.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
harry potter magic school book shit now
woo

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Oh my god, David Cage is hilarious.

"PS4 is the first time we can forget about technology, the first time we can truly connect emotionally with players" - yeah, using 4 year old PC hardware. Fucking asshole.

The way he compares the improvement in film technology and says that silent film was able to become more emotionally involving is pretty great too. As if game mechanics have actually significantly depended on technology at all. This is a guy who wants to make real-time rendered movies and nothing else. Then he does this by showing an tech demo of a human face against a black background that would have been impressive a decade ago. He brags about how the main character will have a mind-boggling "30,000 polygons". Fucking hack.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom