Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Quest for Glory, any thoughts?

asper

Arcane
Project: Eternity
There is a beautiful Let's Play of this by Lestat. Right here, on the Codex.

Awesome game, true classic.

Hümmelgümpf

Arbiter
I'll probably start updating the LP this July once the exams are over and I have truckloads of free time on my hands. Buying the latest King's Bounty can keep me from it, though.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
If I was you I'd start with a Thief so you can end up having every single skill in the game fairly quick.

You can turn the Thief into a Paladin in Quest for Glory 2, so you get paladin spells also. And you still get a lot of wizard spells, no matter your class, if you have the magic skill.

I kid! Play whoever you want. It's a really fun game. Be aware that whatever class you pick, the puzzle solutions will be very different! There is, however, some "cross-solutioning". If your Warrior happens to have a "grab stuff from a distance" spell he can avoid a minor puzzle to get past some vicious plants and just grab the thing he needs safely from afar, for example.

Hümmelgümpf

Arbiter
Jasede said:
If I was you I'd start with a Thief so you can end up having every single skill in the game fairly quick.

You can turn the Thief into a Paladin in Quest for Glory 2, so you get paladin spells also. And you still get a lot of wizard spells, no matter your class, if you have the magic skill.
Powergaming: The True Essence of Role-Playing.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
I love RPGs that actually want you to powergame, like, well, most of the older ones. :)

Kaiserin

Liturgist
AndhairaX said:
1195970568513ij6.jpg

Andhaira

Arcane
Oh come on. 5 was a great QFG game. As a bonus it provided a great closure to the series and hd characters from all previous games. Plus you got to marry katrina or elena( whom you finally meet)

Oooh and the dragonfigth was cool.

DiverNB

Liturgist
Hümmelgümpf said:
Andyman Messiah said:
Never sleep outside unless you're in one of Erana's sacred places. :)
I think there is a very slight chance of not geating eaten in the first game, but yeah, it's probably a good idea not to take any risks, unless you enjoy reloading your save game 20 times in a row.
AndhairaX said:
Part 4 and part 5 are the best.
There is no part 5. It never happened. Ever.

Speaking of which....don't you have an LP to finish?

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
The only thing really cool about quest for glory 5 was becoming guildmaster (of the thieves guild) at the same time of being a paladin king.

Hümmelgümpf

Arbiter
DiverNB said:
Speaking of which....don't you have an LP to finish?
Hümmelgümpf said:
I'll probably start updating the LP this July once the exams are over and I have truckloads of free time on my hands. Buying the latest King's Bounty can keep me from it, though.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom