Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Torment Questions and Comments on PST

roshan

Arcane
So, I'm now replaying PST after a really long time. I had a few questions:

1. What determines your attack rate in PST? In BG and IWD, you had a certain number of attacks per round. However, my characters are able to attack at a really rapid pace. It seems every animation is an attack. What the fuck? What's this all about? Is this because mods have fucked with the game?

2. OK, so now here's something plot related I don't understand. Fell tells you about the four people you traveled with before. You can then ask Dak'kon about the four. He tells you he knows nothing about the familiar, the mage's pet. However, this is obviously untrue as he also traveled with this familiar. You can grill Dak'kon about being a slave but have no option to inquire about Morte. You can also find about "DON'T TRUST THE SKULL" but then you are unable to ask Morte anything significant about it. What gives with all of this?

hiver

1. Doesnt really matter, does it?

2. Cut out parts of content and plot/story related reasons.

Athelas

Arcane
2. OK, so now here's something plot related I don't understand. Fell tells you about the four people you traveled with before. You can then ask Dak'kon about the four. He tells you he knows nothing about the familiar, the mage's pet. However, this is obviously untrue as he also traveled with this familiar. You can grill Dak'kon about being a slave but have no option to inquire about Morte.
Amount of times Morte and Dak'kon talk to each other in the game: 0. They travel with TNO, but that's about the extent of their relationship.

You can also find about "DON'T TRUST THE SKULL" but then you are unable to ask Morte anything significant about it. What gives with all of this?
You should be able to ask Morte about it when you find out. That doesn't mean he will tell you what's up.

hiver

It doesnt make any sense to ask Morte about it - when your own fucking tatoo chiseled into your skin tells you not to trust the skull.
When you are suspicious about someone you dont go and ask them why are you suspicious about them.

You can and do talk to him about it later, when you figure out and discover more about the whole deal.

roshan

Arcane
2. OK, so now here's something plot related I don't understand. Fell tells you about the four people you traveled with before. You can then ask Dak'kon about the four. He tells you he knows nothing about the familiar, the mage's pet. However, this is obviously untrue as he also traveled with this familiar. You can grill Dak'kon about being a slave but have no option to inquire about Morte.
Amount of times Morte and Dak'kon talk to each other in the game: 0. They travel with TNO, but that's about the extent of their relationship.

You can also find about "DON'T TRUST THE SKULL" but then you are unable to ask Morte anything significant about it. What gives with all of this?
You should be able to ask Morte about it when you find out. That doesn't mean he will tell you what's up.

Yes, he doesn't tell you what's up, but that's because you can't grill him about it or force him even though you (both the player and the character) know. The conversation just drops abruptly. Same thing with Dak'kon, he knows about Morte, and you know he knows, but there is just no option to ask him. It makes no sense at all, it's basically railroading for the sake of railroading. Kinda sucks. A lot.

Quest design in the Hive is mostly poor quality, of the fedex type. Just finished the whole web of Hive fedex quests, and am now at the point where I am heading to the Alley. The trash warrens was quite the let down, seems a lot of stuff was left unfinished including the guy that talks to the rats. Loot and items in this game vary between good and terrible, Ingress' Teeth, Negative Plane Token, the tattoo of the guy in trash warrens are examples of really good loot, but then you also have tons of bandages, rat tails, junk, rags, skulls, leg bone clubs etc.

hiver

It makes no sense at all, it's basically railroading for the sake of railroading.
I just explained the why of it.

You skip over it because you are not interested in actual merits but only in conforming your starting idea. Which is stupid.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom