Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Quick Question - Top-down or Isometric?

Top-down or isometric?

• Dreamweb Top-down

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Darksun Top-down

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • JA2/X-COM Isometric

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Jim Cojones

Prophet
soggie said:
For those who advocate isometric, can you give reasons please? Thanks!
The mystery of this thread: nobody says he prefer iso, yet it wins the poll by far.

SerratedBiz

Arcane
Well, how many good tactical games have you played that were isometric, vs those that were top-down? It may not be inherently better but perhaps it's given players a better experience.

denizsi

Arcane
I prefer iso. The other two rarely look good and look like boring cardboards. Call me a graphics whore but I like seeing all three dimensions projected. All the iso games felt a lot better than other types to me, even when the qualities of an iso game was questionable compared to one of the other types.

Problems mentioned here about iso can easily be done away with through smart design.

crufty

Arcane
iso--my brain is used to processing iso objects.

games like close combat were top down and it always bugged me. i am not used to looking down at trees from the sky.

iso or top down is not a deal breaker though. can you offer both?

real time vs turn based...that is a bigger deal.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom