Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

R4 demo bugs and problems report thread

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
If you use your Praetor position at the outpost and demand to see who's in charge, the game ends the dialogue and you are just left standing there with the outpost leader. You can't talk to anyone, and if you move your mouse to shift the camera, the camera bugs out and will go through the floor.

EDIT: If you move the mouse to the top of the screen, it goes through the floor. If you move the mouse to the bottom of the screen, it zooms out to the point where you can see Teron and all the other areas of the first chapter.

Last edited:

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The "Out into the Open" quest remains on my active quest list, and it tells me to go back to Cado, even though I already saw Carrinas killed and am now in Maadoran. Basically, I went to Cado and got the Shantytown quest as a Praetor, went to the Shantytown and killed the gang, went back to Cado and got the Caer-Tor document, and then went and had Carrinas killed and was teleported to Maadoran.

Also, now that I think about it, the game seems buggy at this point in that the Sohrab alternative disappears if you speak to Cado. I got the quest from Dellar, told him it would be smarter to use Sohrab, and then instead of talking to Sohrab I went to Cado. After I did Cado's quest and got the Caer-Tor document, I wasn't able to find Sohrab in the inn (that's where he waits, right?) I checked both floors and he wasn't there. I did the quest anyway in the fashion that Dellar originally suggested, but I had previously indicated to Dellar I would use Sohrab and had told Sohrab to await me in the inn.

EDIT: Also, what happened to the short-cut keys for the different attack styles? I'm getting tired of constantly having to use the mouse to switch between the attack styles for when my character has an odd number of action points.

Last edited:

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
In the palace district of maadoran, there is a brown building next to the wooden wall that has a hole in the roof. You can open the front double-doors, but if you try to walk inside your character will run around the side of the building and walk through a closed side-door.

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Lord Gaelius' name is still used after his death. I noticed that Abukar, when asked about the map, says that the player should go speak to Lord Gaelius about such matters because the Aurelians have sealed up lots of places. Only, Lord Gaelius is dead at this point and it's Lord Serenas on the throne...

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Also, to be honest, I think Dodge is overpowered compared to block. I get that you can't wear the heavier armours and what not, but the fact that you get a counter-attack is just overwhelmingly good in my opinion. What do other people think? I don't pretend to be the combat expert here, so I'm also curious about other opinions.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Also, to be honest, I think Dodge is overpowered compared to block. I get that you can't wear the heavier armours and what not, but the fact that you get a counter-attack is just overwhelmingly good in my opinion. What do other people think? I don't pretend to be the combat expert here, so I'm also curious about other opinions.
Block has the advantage of at least reducing some damage, whereas dodge is all or nothing. Coupled with appropriate armour it does seem to lengthen survival chances. Plus, depending on the weapon, a counterattack may not be all that great. Like gladius'd always power attack on a counter, which happens to be lower on THC, whereas my dear beloved sledgehammer goes for a fast whack, which is more likely to connect.

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Block has the advantage of at least reducing some damage, whereas dodge is all or nothing. Coupled with appropriate armour it does seem to lengthen survival chances. Plus, depending on the weapon, a counterattack may not be all that great. Like gladius'd always power attack on a counter, which happens to be lower on THC, whereas my dear beloved sledgehammer goes for a fast whack, which is more likely to connect.

Yes, I suppose you're right, my only concern is that using a shield also whacks you with a THC penalty.

Anyway, I was just whinging because my most recent character kept forgetting to raise up his shield.

hiver

Ive made a suggestion about that. Had a very nice rewamp in mind.

http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/sword-shield-mechanics-re-wamp.88077/

Block has the advantage of at least reducing some damage, whereas dodge is all or nothing.
So, this means that dodge always "blocks" all damage while blocking lets some damage through all or most of the time - if im not mistaking?

my only concern is that using a shield also whacks you with a THC penalty.
Unfortunate solution made to balance single-weapon/shield characters with dodgers - because they were too powerful otherwise.
Current problem is not that dodge is overpowered but that weapon/shield mechanics dont play in the best way - although this setup is workable.

There is a better solution. But it would require rewamping some mechanics.

/

Btw, i didnt get a single SP for finishing Teron with a Praetor. That included getting Carinas into the inn and helping with the ambush and killing him. Not a single SP for that?

That was very weird since one expects SP from handling important situations and achieving such big changes in power structures of the whole town.

Last edited by a moderator:

Saduj

Arcane
Block is a viable skill but I agree that its not as good as Dodge.

One idea I had is that a 100% successful block should cost the attacker an extra action point, presumably because the attacker is thrown off balance. It would not make any difference in many cases but maybe it would make enough of a difference to even things out. Or maybe it will make Block completely overpowered again and I should just shut the hell up.

IMO, it wouldn't be such a horrible injustice if one was a little better than the other. I would still LARP play a blocker in some cases anyway.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
Jesus, dude. Just edit your post for chrissakes.

Anyway, came across a pretty hilarious glitch:

In Maadoran in the observatory if you try leaving by right clicking on an outside area instead of teleporting to the ground you'll walk in the air relative to the level of the observatory you were on.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
There are a whole bunch of typoes in the chargen, especially in the descriptions of raised skills, mostly missing apostrophes.

For example, "Dagger - hidden amongst ones' clothes", "axe 3 - you re discovered", "sword 2 - you ve added", etc.

Also, I bought a turban-like Ordu silk helmet from the arms and armour vendor at the merchants' guild and I couldn't equip it. Could equip all other helmets and shit, including other Ordu silk helmets. I demand a refund on my hard-earned 30 geld :rpgcodex:

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Some of the armors are gender specific. So it's possible you bought the wrong one.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The centurion's dialog in Teron asking me to "report asap"-when you say you're not ready for the final push- feels out of place.

hiver

heres a few smaller things.

Ive already mentioned that sub quest in Thief playthrough, where you can go and try to get "the ring" from some merchant. If you fail - he says something about you returning with money and then disappears.
Cant be found anywhere.
Also, every time i go back to the Comercium after that this happens:
bZRy6avl.jpg

As far as i know characters that disappear dont return to that spot later in AoD and there are no day-night cycles or NPC schedules.
Im suspecting i might be just missing something... but it doesnt seem so.

Also... heh, this is a small detail i noticed in the first demo too:
ftlkyHxl.jpg

Could you guys remove the invisible wall from that place? pleeeease? :P
Look, its like a highway, right into the Daratan castle. And i cant... go... inside... click...click...clickety click...

And here? Look... what nice vines. Just like those on Fengs house...
Nw35vI2l.jpg

- No, dont remove them...! - make a small Thief subquest using it. Its such a nice... interesting house.
(also, since Praetor gets to tangle with thieves and gets that problem to solve in the shantytown... - make that available as a subquest for the Thief too - in which you would be one of the two enforcers the Thieves send there?)

Just adding two more such small missions would be great addition.

And it would be even more felt in the Boatman playthrough. Especially because the main Boatman missions get you locked into it if you start the second one - which ends the Teron part completely.
I would use those other members in the guild for a few small subquests to expand on the guild specific gameplay and to use them for something better than just standing there.
Get a little bit of "bonding" there. AoD style of course.
Agatai and Dias are just there... ready to be used.
Very simple setups. Maybe you can "ask" Agatai to assist you in some small subquest - if you can pay him of course (but you get less SP), that maybe has a small twist to it. (you also get to kill some mercenary/praetor/merchant during it? Or fight together incidentally?)
Later on you can ask Dias to "teach you some skills" - and he later (after you come back to the guild three times, for example) asks you to "join him on a little job" he has lined up and if you prove yourself he will then teach you skillz. - you go and if you survive you can ask him to give you those lessons but instead, he simply replies "Didnt you learn plenty tonight? ", (or just: "Lesson served, rookie") - and just walks away and there is no more dialogue about it. Ever. (maybe, depending on body count in that fight he could smirk at the player or say something half approving before leaving and make some snide short comments after - back in the guild)
- then later when you storm the IG that scene will be all the more memorable too - since you did at least something with that character previously.
Coltan could also probably use a sprite young lad if his number comes up for something...
(its weird... i feel like they are some cool characters, even if we dont have almost any interaction with them, except a bit with Coltan. Its probably the portraits and Dias actions later, that improve on the experience...)
Ive said this before, but after playing a bit more i can only reaffirm how beneficial these smaller sub quests would be for the whole opening act in Teron. Gained at a relatively low cost of modeling a few more rooms or houses and a few fights.
A great deal of additional content has been added to Teron and that has tremendously improved it, from the early versions. Now the guild missions and those few members or characters in them could use a small subquest or two.
If this could be done by the final release time - it would be great.

Last edited by a moderator:

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
The Alchemist in Teron does not even fight, give him something if he's gonna be in the game, please.
Killed him and looted his corpse, but his armour was that special no-icon variety.
And no one cares a whit for killing him, you don't even get warned or booted out of town. Where are my c&c.

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
The Alchemist in Teron does not even fight, give him something if he's gonna be in the game, please.
Killed him and looted his corpse, but his armour was that special no-icon variety.
And no one cares a whit for killing him, you don't even get warned or booted out of town. Where are my c&c.

I think he's just a demo-character. When you talk to him and ask him to teach you alchemy, there's a bracketed note that says "demo only".

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
So he's pretty much there for us all to beat up once he's served his purpose? Ok. Guess making healing salves will be massively difficult in the game proper.
Speaking of which, one of the guys in the first round of the Miltiades fight (Teron) has some healing salves on him, but even if you loot it, it doesn't stack with your salves, it just sort of disappears.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Well, the servant wearing the auxiliary armor has it. Although his salves do stack with your own, just not always.

hiver

well, could be i just didnt notice and his stacked with the ones i had... could be. i seem to remember there were some, thinking about it.

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
It's there; I got it last time I did the quest, was the only reason I was able to beat the next round of suckers Miltiades brought me.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom