Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Racofer-kun's majestic Dragon Age Origins Effect 2 review.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Awesome review :love: .

TripJack

Hedonist
i have not played this game and will never play this game but i salute you because it is the codexian thing to do

:salute:

kris

Arcane
Volourn said:
1. "There were no decisions to be made, not diplomatic way out of confrontations"

2. Isn't this the same retarted Codexian whine about every single BIO game ever? How does that make DA2 worse than, say, BG1 where 99% of quests there are no options at all? LMFAO

1. Out about 100 fights I encountered two that I could avoid with diplomacy. Maybe you found some goldmine.

2. People never lauded BG1 for its great quest design. Isn't most of the codex on a opinion that BG1 is pretty bad even? But you quoted the longer quest, which obviously is in a vast minority. Most are of the single fight variety.

On the good side, the quest I based that one on, actually had a "diplomatic solution" for the last fight. (Save aposte half-elf)

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Hey racofer someone who bought and registered the game stole your review. It's strangely poetic.

Simkin

Novice
After months of lurking I finally joined this forum so that I can give you a

:thumbsup:

I also want to add this

353080088.jpg

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
The tragedy of the commons should be renamed tragedy of the dumbfucks.

tennishero

Novice
tl:dr

why review a game if you're gonna fag alll over it

idiot

in summary- game is shit- bioware make shit games. graphics are hilariously 2004. gameplay 1984

all in all its an apple. all hype, no substance

Lesifoere

Liturgist
Link to the thread on the Bio boards where this was posted?

EDIT: never mind, I see. Hahaohwow.

ironyuri

Lesifoere said:
Link to the thread on the Bio boards where this was posted?

EDIT: never mind, I see. Hahaohwow.

That image has been giving me consistent lulz for the last hour or so at work.

I dunno what it is, but the qunari's facial expressions match the dialogue perfectly.

Frame 1: smug
Frame 2: confused/vexed but cautiously optimistic
Frame 3: Exasperation, now all that is left is to find out if ANYTHING at all about DA2 is good.
Frame 4: RAGE
Frame 5: Resignation/derp

Monk

Arcane
I experienced what Havoc said not only for DA but also for the Mass Effect series: I was more interested in the story and the ending.

Seeker
In My Safe Space
The overall quality of graphics is satisfying. I have to commend bioware because their game runs good even on older computers(Athlon 64 X2 @ 3GHz, 2 gigs of ram, 7800 GT / screen resolution 1280*720, medium detail settings).

The plot is better than in Dragon Age Origins. I did not like the role of Warden/Messiah/Savior you had in the first game.

Quest design is indeed bad but not worse than the first game.

I agree with the rest parts of your review and congratulate you for your hard work.

relootz

Scholar
Why do you people even play this game?

What incentive does it give? Why would you waste your time on

this just so you can say you FINISHED a horrible game.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
relootz said:

It's not horrible and it's fun. Face the truth, you are just a blind hater (I was too, after playing the demo, but it seems that the game is much much better than the demo. Though the combat is still shit)

relootz

Scholar
Konjad i gave up on the end of DA 1 (which was a good game, safe the filler combat), and the general trend is that DA 2 is much worse.

So why in gods name should i even install this?

Tycn

Savant
relootz said:

It is the burden of the Codexer to play shit games (at least 7 times) so he/she/it can authoritatively confirm that it is shit.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
relootz said:
Konjad i gave up on the end of DA 1 (which was a good game, safe the filler combat), and the general trend is that DA 2 is much worse.

So why in gods name should i even install this?

Well, if you gave up on DAO then I wouldn't recommend DA2.

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
It's fun like eating at MacDonalds is yummy. It tastes good... but it's still shit.

Ovg

Cipher
Fucken A class review Racofer.
Thanks for saving us from playing in this fat turd.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom