Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Prosper Realms of Arkania: Shovelware Edition

AbounI

Colonist
Patron
RPGWatch has just published a review of the 1.3 version
Unfortunatly, his work isn't based on a comparison beetwen the 2 generations, to explain what has been greatly done, and what is broken.
IMHO, I really enjoy the narrator, despite some broken lines like the "I am a Man/Woman".

http://www.rpgwatch.com/show/reference?ref=0&id=364

So it seems his article was written for those who never heard of the 1st generation of BoD

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Fluent is a young CRPG fan - he explores the old games, too. Good thing is: He has a fresh and open minded point of view.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Unfortunatly, his work isn't based on a comparison beetwen the 2 generations, to explain what has been greatly done, and what is broken.

You might get what you want from a different (aka better) source in the near future :troll:

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
holy shit guises you have no idea what a horrible piece of shit this game is
Aside from horrible unfinishedness and terri-motherfucking-bad character models? Is it very different from the original?

I didn't find it THAT bad, but then, haven't played much of the original.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
You mean apart from making the combat EVEN MORE obnoxious and insufferable than it was in the original? Those long-ass jerky fucking animations that can't be sped up make me want to kill myself.

And yes, I know that you can skip them by clicking the fastforward button, but this shit is so bugged it doesn't register actions happening before after like 5 turns.

This downright abysmal friggin combat makes this shit almost unplayable. And of course there's no autopilot button either because fuck you that's why.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
You mean apart from making the combat EVEN MORE obnoxious and insufferable than it was in the original? Those long-ass jerky fucking animations that can't be sped up make me want to kill myself.

And yes, I know that you can skip them by clicking the fastforward button, but this shit is so bugged it doesn't register actions happening before after like 5 turns.

This downright abysmal friggin combat makes this shit almost unplayable. And of course there's no autopilot button either because fuck you that's why.
Oh right, I just remembered that you can practically nullify the enemy's actions by fast-forwarding on his round. :lol:

AbounI

Colonist
Patron
Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Patch 1.31, 1st of November 2013, 2:30 am (GMT+2)
  • Opening Hours and -Days for Markets
  • Characternames can be Changed ingame
  • Fixed Battle Character turns
  • Partymanager now correctly shows User Images
  • Battle Opponent Health display
  • Camera-”Sweep” on Loading a new Town to reduce post-loading jiggle
  • Gardianum Spell target fixed
  • Fixed some Tavern texts
  • The Dead Ship dungeon unlocked
  • Companion NPCs unlocked
  • Display of Weapon skill in the inventory
  • Reduce current VI if losing permanent VI while freezing
  • Fixed “Markets have identical offers”
  • Fixed savegame breaking when saving in specific buildings
  • Fixed Name display of some Market Stalls
  • Fixed “bare hand” sortiment offer
  • Fixed Sickle checkbonus
  • Fixed Be my Friend target aquisition
  • Introduced Helter Skelter
  • Fixed Summon Ghost
  • Added convenience presets for Item moving and looting amount
  • added more travel events
  • Fixed Blacksmith accepting multiple weapons
  • Thinmarsdotter Clanegh quest now correctly triggers Thinmarsdotter Thoss quest
  • Honest Jorge Clanegh enabled
  • Egilsdotter Quest + Dialog improved
  • Windenbek / Nameless Temple improved
  • Introduced Events in Towns
  • :incline:Included User-contributed Events (thanks to lunatic, Ali Bengali, ugralitan, NeoderWeise):incline:
  • Fixed a Diceroll bug delivering exaggerated results
  • Rabalancing Hunting, Water- and Foodconsumption
  • Battles: Repeat last Action
  • Battles: Wait in the same Battleround
  • Battles: Autobattle
  • Battles: Acceleration Factor for animations
  • Battles: Opponents can now spawn after the first round, not revealing the full enemy strength right away
  • Eating of certain herbs
  • :incline:New and improved Graphical effects:incline:
  • :incline:Complete overhaul of Buildings and Towns:incline:
  • Hetman Tronde now lives in a real longhouse
  • Travelmap now has an actual background (before: Black)
  • Waterreflection autoadaption depending on performance (optional)
  • Made Town Runin Trigger optional
  • Introduced “Town borders” triggering a “do you want to leave this town” Dialogue
  • Unconcious Characters are automatically replaced as leaders
  • Cameraheight now depends on Leading Character height
  • More “Backgrounds” for Dialogues
  • Numerous other smaller Bugfixes
Is this what an orgasm feels like?

sser

Arcane
Developer

Oh right, I just remembered that you can practically nullify the enemy's actions by fast-forwarding on his round. :lol:

I just used this as a means of fast-forwarding through the combat.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
These animation speed sliders have made this shit MUUUUUUUUUCH more tolerable.

but still not quite enough

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
O hey, the last patch has permanently closed up all shops!

That's some brutal schedules out there :troll:

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Patch 1.31hf, 2nd of November 2013, 9:45 pm (GMT+2)
Hotfix with some small Bugfixes
  • Thorwal Seasounds reduced
  • Tavern and Hostel shields fixed
  • Arenas in the deadship fixed
Boom!
Boom!

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Patch 1.32 is announced, to be released around the 15th. Major features:

- fully remodeled NPCs, again
- all assets become fully moddable, including the map and travel routes
- 2D screens for non-combat interiors and "atmospheric scenes" [?]
- completely new villages, dungeons, and other extra content

With these changes, the remake should become objectively superior to the original.

getter77

Augur
Somehow, part of me wants the devs on this to never actually stop in something akin to a Sisyphus/Tantalus kind of situation considering the long road to this point in the patching and the longer road still ahead. I want the game to ultimately somehow work well, but at this point it seems to have assumed a guise far beyond just being a RoA remake and has descended as a window to some manner of madness..

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom