Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Reccomend me a large, non-linear game

Eyeball

Arcane
JarlFrank said:
Other than that, if you want some shooter with stats, I could recommend a Russian game called "The Precursors". Fan-translation is available.
This actually looks fairly promising, judging from the videos: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPUSVg2w ... re=related

Any more info on this title/short review, please? Does it have RPG features like Borderlands or something?

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Yes, they're both rather fun with the translation applied. Xenus 2 is more sandboxy, you can pick which faction to join. You get XP for completing quests and killing enemies, and you can choose perks upon levelup that increase accuracy, carrying capacity, health etc...

Very light on the RPG part but good sandboxes. Since they're Russian only, you'll probably have to torrent them, then get the translation patches.

ElectricOtter

Thanks for the suggestions, guys. I've actaully played most of these already (guess I should've been more specific in the OP), but I think I'll try Darklands, Betrayal at Krondor, Space Rangers 2, and maybe Starflight for now.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Realms of Arkania 1 : Blade of Destiny.

BWAHahahahahaha.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Not star trail. That one is full of game stopping bugs while Blade of destiny only has one (don't destroy the spider eggs to avoid it).

lordfrikk

Scholar
roladka said:
Arx Fatalis

(It's been some time since I played it so correct me if I'm wrong)

While I LOVE Arx Fatalis, I don't think it's huge and non-linear by any stretch of imagination.

Unwanted

Scream Phoenix

Unwanted
lordfrikk said:
roladka said:
Arx Fatalis
While I LOVE Arx Fatalis, I don't think it's huge and non-linear by any stretch of imagination.

Being able to finish the game after committing omnicide and skipping the entire storyline is enough non-linearity for me

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
roladka said:
Being able to finish the game after committing omnicide and skipping the entire storyline is enough non-linearity for me
That's multiple paths, not nonlinearity. Arx was pretty linear and areas opened up one at a time to you. I think level 8 was the only one you could actually access earlier than when you needed to. Still a cool game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom