Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recommend me good cRPGs

Self-Ejected

Kosmonaut

Lost in Space
The Legend of Zelda.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Jaesun said:
System Shock II... I didn't include them on my list because I have no plans of finishing them.
You fucking played and finished ALL of the fucking faggoty Oblivion games and you don't want to play or finish System Shock II?

You are the biggest faggot on the codex.

Yeah, SS2 didn't get me into too much. And I couldn't run it on Windows 7 :( Only training is playable, later it crashes.

Why that? Too linear? It's not exactly the holy grail of cRPG's, but I wonder why you singled exactly this one out as "not cRPG" among the other games you listed?
True, some games on my list aren't cRPGs but are called like that by their devs. Well, you got the point.

laclongquan

Arcane
You havent play Silent Storm, Silent Storm Sentinels, and Hammer & Sickle? You are in for a treat. In the search of a worthy successor for Fallout Tactics Brotherhood of Steel I found them and find them good. Good old fashioned Combat RPG.

Martin

Educated
Hamster said:
Martin said:
Beyond divinity.

wat

Yeah it started slow and it took some getting used to the style and 2 character control scheme, and it was disapointing if you were expecting something like Divine Divinity but I liked it k?

In fact overall I think I had more fun with Beyond Divinity than Divine Divinity. Matter of taste sure, or maybe I was very hungry for a brand new rpg at that time. Still if you are looking for a new rpg title to play you could do alot worse than Beyond Divinity, its not a game that takes itself very seriously but neither was Divine Divinity.

So yeah in my opinion Beyond Divinity was pretty good for what it was.

DraQ

Arcane
CrimHead said:
There's definitely a real sense of exploration and mystery in the dungeons that you won't find in Morrowind. Daggerfall is, like Morrowind, an exceptionally ambitious game, with many, MANY broken elements, but still fun.
I object to lack of exploration in MW. The fact that the dungeons, albeit smaller, were more organic, with many actual nooks and crannies and powerful items tucked out of sight greatly augmented the exploration. The only comparable parts of DF's, admittedly bigger and more complex, dungeons, were tense, flooded sections.

I do consider DF *the* most ambitious TES, though.

Indeed. A TES game with the scope and complexity of Daggerfall mixed with Morrowind's exponentially increased attention to detail would be damn fine.
*fapfapfap*

it'll never happen.
:rage:

Jaesun said:
System Shock II... I didn't include them on my list because I have no plans of finishing them.
You fucking played and finished ALL of the fucking faggoty Oblivion games and you don't want to play or finish System Shock II?

You are the biggest faggot on the codex.
Konjad: The Dumbfuckening.

DaveO

Erudite
I noticed none of the Wizardry games, but getting a compilation may set you back quite a bit in terms of money. If you want a cheap RPG compilation, GoG is offering the MM6 Limited Edition for $10; You get all Might & Magic games from #1 to #6 in that.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
xantrius said:
Pathologic.

It was cool but The Void is much better. never finished any of these though. And are these... cRPGs? I'd call them horror/adventure.

I noticed none of the Wizardry games, but getting a compilation may set you back quite a bit in terms of money. If you want a cheap RPG compilation, GoG is offering the MM6 Limited Edition for $10; You get all Might & Magic games from #1 to #6 in that.
I might buy them, thx for info.

fact overall I think I had more fun with Beyond Divinity than Divine Divinity.
So... is one of these 'Divinity 2" or is it another game? Because Divinity 2 sucked as Drakensang.

You havent play Silent Storm, Silent Storm Sentinels, and Hammer & Sickle? You are in for a treat. In the search of a worthy successor for Fallout Tactics Brotherhood of Steel I found them and find them good. Good old fashioned Combat RPG.
Thanks but I'm looking for cRPGs, not tactical games. Might give one or two of them a try in future but not anytime soon.

racofer

Thread Incliner
Konjad said:
Matt7895 said:
Gothic 3
Mass Effect 2
Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic
Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II
Thx but these are games I'm never going to touch or touch again. Gothic 3 was a disaster, ME and KotOR were boring, so no ME2/KotOR2 for me.

But K2 and specially ME2 are much, much better than their predecessors.

Konjad

Patron
racofer said:
Konjad said:
Matt7895 said:
Gothic 3
Mass Effect 2
Thx but these are games I'm never going to touch or touch again. Gothic 3 was a disaster, ME and KotOR were boring, so no ME2/KotOR2 for me.

Still that doesn't mean much when these predecessors were utter shit, right?

relootz

Scholar
Konjad said:
racofer said:
Konjad said:
Matt7895 said:
Gothic 3
Mass Effect 2

Still that doesn't mean much when these predecessors were utter shit, right?

Kotor wasn't horrible shit, it was a pretty good game, very well polished something kotor 2 definitely missed.

Also you should really try SS2, if it crashes it is probably because of the dual core bug (play it only on 1 core)

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Konjad said:
Agreed on the first, the 2nd can die in a fire. ME2 did one single thing better than ME1 and managed to fuck up the rest beyond how much they were already fucked up.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
DraQ said:
ts;of clause.
The what?

I'll try a shot in the dark: does that clause have anything with you being an Elite Individual? :smug:

coldcrow

Prophet
Patron
Discard those wannabe "rpgs".

Play: Realms of Arkania 1-3, Wizardry 7-8, Wizards&Warriors, Elvira 1&2

For the more Action inclined: Arx Fatalis, SS1-2

Do not play: Anything TES, any Story-driven faggotry (Prime example DA:O)

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
coldcrow said:
Play: Realms of Arkania 1-3, Wizardry 7-8, Wizards&Warriors, Elvira 1&2
Take out Elvira 2 and replace with Wiz6. First Elvira was good fun but the 2nd was a chore.

If "anything TES" involve Oblivion and up, yes. But skipping Daggerfall or Morrowind is unforgivable. Especially Daggerfall. And DAO is a very bad example of story-driven. At least pick a story-driven RPG done right (PST, MotB... hell Anachronox)

Konjad

Patron

Dragon Age was story driven? I thought it was combat driven.

And what's the point in telling me to skip TES when Ihave already played all games in this series? ;)

DraQ

Arcane
Sceptic said:
DraQ said:
ts;of clause.
The what?

I'll try a shot in the dark: does that clause have anything with you being an Elite Individual? :smug:

Yes.

ts;of = "thread sucks; OP faggot"

Sceptic said:
If "anything TES" involve Oblivion and up, yes. But skipping Daggerfall or Morrowind is unforgivable. Especially Daggerfall. And DAO is a very bad example of story-driven. At least pick a story-driven RPG done right (PST, MotB... hell Anachronox)
Yup, though Anachronox is hardly an RPG. It is story driven game that's gone horribly right, though.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
If you have a DS, try 'The Dark Spire'.

It's basically Wizardry for the DS.

Konjad

Patron
I do have DS and I do already have The Dark Spire, which I am playing lately :)

made

Arcane
Sceptic said:
First Elvira was good fun but the 2nd was a chore.

Gonna have to go ahead and disagree with you there. E2 was awesome, as was Waxworks. These games have aged incredibly well, too.

(make sure to check with skyway if they can be considered rpgs or adventures first, though)

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
made said:
Gonna have to go ahead and disagree with you there. E2 was awesome, as was Waxworks. These games have aged incredibly well, too.
Oh yeah, Waxworks was great too. 4 different games in one. The mines had atmosphere in spades. Games was pretty tough too.

I can't remember enough about E2 to remember why I didn't like it. Too much combat? Too easy to get stuck? Not the 2nd one, you could easily get stuck in E1 too and that never bothered me. It might've been the excessive combat in... the tunnels? I vaguely remember something like that.

ecliptic

Liturgist
Wiz 8 was phenomenal.

On the topic of DS dungeon crawls, I have SMT:Strange Journey waiting for me.

CrimHead

Scholar
Success-Kid-ask-for-suggestions-dont-read-other-posts.jpg

Erebus

Arcane
Pool of Radiance 2 is one of the most memorable game ever made.

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
Erebus said:
Pool of Radiance 2 is one of the most memorable game ever made.
:avatard:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom