Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Regarding Arcanum and mods

thekdawg21

Augur
Project: Eternity
This game has always been widely regarded among players here, but I've never been able to get through it.

I'm pretty much a tactical/isometric Silent Storm/ToEE combat system lover, but I can handle other systems if the game is good enough.

My question is:

Is there any way to mod this game up to improve the combat system? Everything about it is just awful. Any mods that improve any aspect of the combat system out there?

Thanks in advance, even if the answer is no.

1. Download the latest official patch from Terra-Arcanum.com
2. Download Drogs latest unofficial patch from the sticky in the RPG discussion forum.
3. Install the latest patch, and then the unofficial patch. When installing the unofficial patch, it will ask you which components you want to install. Tick all of them but the Bedokaan one.
4. Scout the T-A download section and forums for combat balancing mods for the game that are compatible with the unofficial patch. Doubt there are any, but you should try.

Andhaira

Arcane
@OP: You are correct. Arcanum is way, way overhyped here at Codexia. Even its bugs aside, its a flwed game.

Serus

Arcane
Patron
Yes it is, the combat is horribly broken, there is no balance or challenge to speak of. Still a great game, one of the best rpg i played. Quests, writing, setting are all very good.

Back to the topic, afaik there is no playable balancing mod available. CarArcanum makes the game much more difficult but its in the unplayable category. A mod to make all weapons much slower but deal more damage would be great to start imo.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom