Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ResidualVM stable release just out - for Grim Fandango

Kirtai

Augur
Seems that ResidualVM has released their first stable version so fans of Grim Fandango can get their fix once again.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
:bro:

Thanks for the update. I was trying to do a playthrough of this and the audio kept cutting out.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
I don't get it, I remenber playing GF one or two years ago, without any trouble... it doesn't work in win 7 or something?

Kirtai

Augur
I don't get it, I remenber playing GF one or two years ago, without any trouble... it doesn't work in win 7 or something?
ResidualVM is portable and is being maintained while the original engine can be flaky and compatibility will only get worse, not to mention being windows only. They also intend to support other 3D adventures like Escape from Monkey Island, though the one I'd love to see most is Discworld Noir.

Besides, having something that is to 3D adventures as ScummVM is to 2D adventures is worth having for its own sake :)

Aeschylus

Swindler
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Should be noted that EMI isn't really supported under residual at the moment. If I remember correctly you can't get very far past the intro. GF is completable.

There's a few good reasons to play using Residual, such as the capacity for fan-made patches (some of which already exist), and a few bugs from the original game being fixed.

Kirtai

Augur
Should be noted that EMI isn't really supported under residual at the moment. If I remember correctly you can't get very far past the intro. GF is completable.
Yep, I only mentioned GF in my original posting.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Unless some fan fixed the many bugs that plagues it I don't recommend playing it, you will be forced to use a playthrough just to discover that things didn't work as intended.

I don't remember any major bugs when I played it. Not sure If I used a patch or a walkthrough, (it was many years ago) but I don't think I stumbled upon any dead ends and such.

Anyway, I really liked Discworld Noir. It's a detective noir mystery in the Discworld setting, with great atmosphere. I definitely recommend it.

Psquit

Arcane
I remember this game... i beat it like 6 times maybe 7.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom