Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Richard and Alice

Repressed Homosexual
I'm not able to sleep tonight, so I saw someone else was playing this game on the general gaming thread, and that it was really short. I decided to try out it... and ended up finishing it.

Anyway it's supposed to be a "moving emotional, adult, (insert buzzword here) indie story", but in the end you are left with a story that doesn't accomplish much and doesn't have much of a point. I didn't like how the author used swear words all the time and overall juvenile language, I'm not surprised to see it was written by game journalists.

If you have played To the Moon, this is kinda the same sort of thing, except another premise (people doing what they can do survive), and actual (albeit short, simplistic and not very involving) point and click puzzles. It is not quite as dumb and filled with meta elements as To the Moon, but I would say the latter is superior.

The "post-apocalyptic snowy world" just doesn't make sense in many ways, and there are quite a few plot holes, and awkward moments.

So this is not worth playing, skip this one.

kaizoku

Arcane
different opinion from udm

http://rpgcodex.net/forums/index.ph...e-game-news-thread.57865/page-12#post-2509239

GOG released Richard & Alice yesterday. I just completed the game and it's got some great writing in there, especially in the interactions between Alice (mother) and Barney (kid); the story on the whole is terribly bleak and depressing. As for puzzles, the game has them, but most of the solutions are obvious. I strongly recommend anyone who likes a good story to get this, but note that it's on the short side - took me about 3-4 hours to complete it. No regrets though, all things considered after completing the game - it was money well spent.

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
I like it a lot. Personally I think the theme and mood are handled very well, but mileages vary.

Out of curiosity HHR which ending did you get?

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
In my game, she knocks out Richard with the gun and throws him into the tool shed, with a note left on the table for him. From one of the threads on the GOG forums, it's been confirmed there are 4 endings at least, but apart from the mystery box, nobody seems to know what the other ending triggers are.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom