Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Ridiculous rulesets; new gameplay footage added

Warden

Arbiter
What do you think of a system in which your health regenerates like crazy even when you're in combat? No, it's not enough that it regenerates just outside of combat, nooo (which is also something I dislike).

http://www.dragonagecentral.com/download/1219186860

There's a red bar which represents health (the yellow is stamina) - watch what happens after you get hit and when it drops down (no healing pots/ no mages with healing spells).

They want to make this game biowarefan-proof, I know ... but this is too much.
This is so exploitable, even unintentionally.

I can somehow get over (barely) stamina and mana regenerating themselves during battle. But anyway, I do hope they'll realise that endless shield bashes or any other cheese (given the endless mana regeneration) will break balance. But then again, bioware has never been good in the balance department so why bother - lets just sit back and take a laugh at kids trying to build up their pwnzors unique ruleset.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
BIO raped your mommy last night.. again... must explain your non stop whining.

Hope you enjoy your reserved copy of DA when you pick it up!

R00fles!

J1M

Arcane
They probably have cheats on just like the first trailer but your concerns are still valid even without any video footage.

Warden

Arbiter
Volourn said:

Indeed petty princess - R00fles!

Bored_princess.gif

Warden

Arbiter
J1M said:
They probably have cheats on just like the first trailer but your concerns are still valid even without any video footage.

I considered this possibility as well - but I would be a bit puzzled if that's the case. I mean, sure, they can use cheats on live demonstrations, on various expoes they're frenetically attending, to ease the demonstration.
But why'd they realease a misleading high-quality short demo video of combat with such cheats incorporated, a few months before release, causing only confusion?

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Why does WQarden care? Oh yeah, i forgot he's buying DA, and he loves BIO.

As they say, you hurt the ones you love the most. (yeah, yeah, I know that means I must 'love' Beth). R00fles!

"considered this possibility as well - but I would be a bit puzzled if that's the case. I mean, sure, they can use cheats on live demonstrations, on various expoes they're frenetically attending, to ease the demonstration.
But why'd they realease a misleading high-quality short demo video of combat with such cheats incorporated, a few months before release, causing only confusion?"

This has pretty much been the case for all preveiws of vast majority of games.

That said, in all seriousness, I had my issues with DA's mana crap, and regeneration. I hate that kind of crap in games. Mana just plainly sucks. And, that includes health that acts like mana, and regens over time.

LAME

Warden

Arbiter
Of course I care - I'll download it, and that costs if you don't have flat-rate. I'd prefer not to download something crappy.

Micmu

Magister
They still have hitpoints and vulnerable characters? Lol that's weak. It's liek so 80s.

Get it over with you nostalgia, kids. Games nowadays are for FUN

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Hey, hey, slow mana regeneration can be acceptable.

But usually not.

I'm interested in this game. Hell an RPG that actually shows some pausing and planning in a video is practically shocking nowadays, so it can't be all bad.

elander_

Arbiter
burrie said:
There's also another combat vid over at gametrailers: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/38806.html

I like the graphics and the combat dynamics. Some observations:
* The stone ground and walls colors aren't blue or pink.
* A decapitated foe lost his head and not his legs and arms at the same time.

It's nice when the art department of a game pay attention to these little details.

Thrasher

Erudite
@Inziladun Looks structurally the same to me, just different graphics.

fastpunk

Arbiter
Thrasher said:
@Inziladun Looks structurally the same to me, just different graphics.

The idea is that dialog trees a la Mass Effect do not contain full sentences, but a short description of what your char will say. But sadly, what comes out of the mouth of your char can be pretty different than what you expect. That's why I'm glad to see the old fashioned, full sentenced dialog trees return in Dragon Age.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom