Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

rip Kingcomrade

MLMarkland

Arcane
Developer
I admit, I skipped to the last page of the thread to find out if KC really died or not.

I regret it now. I shouldn't have spoiled the suspense. I would've enjoyed reading through the whole thread on my own.

Tragedy, comedy, pathos, triumph... this thread has it all.

Salute, Codex.

PS Glad you're not dead KC

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
You should convince Chris Avellone to adapt this thread into a video game and I'm positive it'll beat Planescape: Torment.

Chefe

Erudite
MLMarkland said:
I regret it now. I shouldn't have spoiled the suspense. I would've enjoyed reading through the whole thread on my own.

That's the thing about the Codex. The lead up is the most important part of the discussion. Yes, KC is alive, but how did he get there? This is the story that the thread has told.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
He should adapt RPG Codex into an first person shooter roleplaying adventure game for the PS3 where you play as various codexers with different abilities and playstyles and attempts to bring the sun down.

For example:

Choose to play as kingcomrade if you want to play the game Gears of War-style with lots of flamethrowermachinegun warhammer-esque weapons and gay nu metal.

When you've beaten the game on the hardest difficulty level, you get an achievement where it says you beat the hardest difficulty level and then a new difficulty level is unlocked and you have a chance to beat the game on "IMPOSSIBLE" difficulty level.

In this mode you play as me, Andyman Messiah, who has very weak attack skills but very strong awesome skills and you must collect loot that you sell for money so you can hire lithuanian hitmen to do the roughing and toughing stuff. But you have to watch out because there are fake fences that'll jump on you and transform you into Twinsen from Little Big Adventure and then the AI takes over your Andyman-character and hires lithuanian hitmen to take care of you in your Twinsen-form and the AI have unlimited money!! This might seem very difficult but that doesn't matter because I have huge awesome skills and there's a cheat code hidden in the manual that you can enter at any time and then you win the game and all achievements are unlocked.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
The final boss when you play as Dark Individual should be a hot woman with a huge rack that you can only beat by showing your sexual prowess in a case of playing a minigame where you have to press the correct directional buttons whenever they pop up. When you press the right buttons your cock grows larger and larger and splits in halfs and the sexy hot woman with the huge rack becomes more aroused and aroused, but press the wrong button and Andhaira comes in riding on a huge talking rodent and begins to dance, both of them holding up a sign where it says you're a huge faggot who can't talk to rats like he can and the only way to get rid of them is by pressing all the buttons on the controller in a perfect domino effect with only half a second in-between every button pressing.

If you manage to do this you'll be rewarded by a cinematic of this huge woman with the hot rack coming up to you and grabbing your nuts and tearing them from your body and making you eat them! Then the game over sign flashes in pink and you have to sit through a three hour long credits sequence where it's also explained that the minigame was rigged and that you should have seen that one coming. Just before you're booted out to the main menu screen again, Chris Avellone appears on the screen and asks you what can change the nature of a man.

RPG Codex the game is awesome. I hope Obsidian is taking notes.

Is anyone good enough to do those internet tough guy voices? Or at least an internet tough guy in the disguise of an 80 year old man.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
I can tweak my voice into a tired old guy voice. How tough it'll sound is entirely up to the listener, I reckon. How do you think Bryce imagined his rich old geezer sounded?

I also wonder that too. I imagined a crotchedy old man personally, though I guess he might've thought an upscale old whitey. Now we need Bryce to return just to answer that question...

Fat Dragon

Arbiter
I imagine he'd sound like Fred Sanford or Archie Bunker. Both lied all the time, were old, and were bitchy.

Anybody who doesn't recognize those names needs to kill themselves.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
It's difficult alright. The first time I had the pleasure of reading Bryce and his personas he was saying over and over how he wasn't feeling well and that he expected to die "any day now" or something. Then he gradually started to transform into an old guy who travelled the world, had a ton of money and was in peak human physical condition.

I'm kind of choosing between a Moe (from Simpsons) style voice (except way, way slower and without the accent) and my normal voice.

edit: Redd Foxx?! Caroll O'Connor?! Oh dear lord, I'm definitely out of the picture in that case. I wouldn't dare to do an impersonation of either of those guys.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom