Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Risen 2 subtitle + artwork

Very much looking forward to this. I was hoping for a game that's only loosely related to (rather than direct continuation of) Risen and does not stick as meticulously to the Gothic formula. It's still too early to tell, but this looks better than what I expected.

deuxhero

Arcane
Twinkle said:
'Artworks'? They look like real in-game shots.

Me likey.

Is there any solid info on gameplay changes or release date?

Protip: No HUD=The game won't look anything near as good.

That said, I always enjoy a unique setting for an RPG, and Age of the Sail is fun. Let's hope that, unlike Arcanum, most of the game doesn't take place in a Tolkien rip-off despite the interesting face.

Looks interesting. Hopefully they've learned their lessons from the Risen 1, and the later part of the game won't be as boring.

torpid

Liturgist
Nice screens! Can't wait for this one.

Something else has risen...

in my pants.

:yeah:

I don't know how firearms will work out, but props already to PB for implementing them. Will the game be multiplatform? I fear for the size of the game world -- which was already pretty small in Risen -- if that's the case.

Also, VentilatorofDoom is German, right? I hope he gets his ass to work translating some of these articles instead of posting yet another lulzy DA2 or ME3 list from some headpalm-worthy site.

Black

Arcane
Risen 2 and Knights of the Chalice 2 together will have less fans than dragon turd 2 on Codex. The history will repeat itself.

bonescraper

CrunchyHemorrhoids said:
Nah, just another overhyped action-adventure game set on a fucking tropical island. Oh, how AWESUM!!11!1! :roll:

torpid

Liturgist
Black said:
Risen 2 and Knights of the Chalice 2 together will have less fans than dragon turd 2 on Codex. The history will repeat itself.

:( Sad but probably true. I'm expecting a bunch of "DA2 isn't so bad" threads once it comes out, at least for a few weeks. Not to mention the Witcher 2, which will have half the nation of Poland backing it. And as long as ME3 is still being talked about in RPG News and General RPG Discussion, you never know what could happen...

latexmonkeys

Augur
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Black said:
:x

This truth makes sad, but my tears make me stronger!

On a brighter note let's hope PB doesn't let us down. I'll be eagerly awaiting new details!

Too many fapping Codexers. Needs to be balanced.

While the images look nice, and they are obviously based on in-game renders, they are also very clearly staged. In such a situation where one cannot be sure what is fake, one should remain skeptical about every visual detail.

Also, since there is absolutely nothing in these shots to tell of how the game will play, I can only surmise that it will play a lot worse than the game you have all invented in your minds.

I expect it will be no better than mediocre.

Good day.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Excommunicator said:

While the images look nice, and they are obviously based on in-game renders, they are also very clearly staged. In such a situation where one cannot be sure what is fake, one should remain skeptical about every visual detail.

Also, since there is absolutely nothing in these shots to tell of how the game will play, I can only surmise that it will play a lot worse than the game you have all invented in your minds.

Good day.

It can't possibly play worse than the previous incarnations so it can only :incline: from here.

So long as it doesn't have any more scripted arcade-style boss fights, that alone will be a huge improvement. They took on dump on their own game with that one.

Excommunicator said:

Good day.

No way mate! If history repeats, Risen 2 will be better and Risen 3 will be fucked up. Anyways . . . .risen2 = :love:

Morkar Left

Great news. I'm already on a pirate trip for a while now. I hope ships are properly involved, too.

I_learn_inglish said:
tropico pirate cove

How is this game? Island management only?

TsongaKralj

Novice
Excommunicator said:

True but as far as I'm concerned if the graphics are on the level of Risen (which unless they aim for simultaneous multiplatform release I'm sure it will be)it's good enough for me.Also graphics engine aside PB are just pretty damn good at designing a beautiful,believable world in their games.

Excommunicator said:

Well aside from Gothic 3 I loved combat system in every PB game so I reckon chances are it's gonna be solid at the very least.I also expect the game will be relatively challenging,PB's usual target audience aren't really people who expect something awesome to happen when you press a button.

Excommunicator said:

And I expect it will be a great game,to each his own.

Gakkone

pretty cool guy eh
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Looks quite interesting. I'd be happy with another game like Risen if they just improved the end game, but it'd be nice if they also changed the setting to a less generic one. A pirate theme like shown here could work well.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom