Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Role-playing games without a keyboard

blessedCoffee

c3RyYWl0amFja2V0cyBmb3IgaW50ZXJuZXQgdXNlcnM=
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I'm lookin' for role-playing games which can be played without making use of a keyboard.

To exemplify:

Fallout and Fallout 2 can be played on mouse only.

NEO Scavenger can be played on mouse only.

:bounce: I don't want to jack off and my arm is not crippled, nuh-uh. But post your NSFW recommendations, if you feel like it.

__scribbles__

Educated
Ultima Underworld: The Stygian Abyss can be completed with only a mouse.
I think many late '90s to early '00s isometric RPGs can be completed with only a mouse, but I may be wrong about that.

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
technically, you could use your mose to send key presses to the game using an on-screen keyboard.

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
there are even voice recognition programs for cripples that send keys based on your words

wishbonetail

Learned
KOTOR 1,2. Pretty unique in that regard. I replay them regulary mostly because of how convenient the controls are.

blessedCoffee

c3RyYWl0amFja2V0cyBmb3IgaW50ZXJuZXQgdXNlcnM=
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
technically, you could use your mose to send key presses to the game using an on-screen keyboard.
Cool stuff. But I'm lookin' for games that you can play only using the mouse, by default.

Codex Year of the Donut
I have a mouse something like this, could probably play most games with one hand:
41kzz-Oroe-JL-AC.jpg

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Every turn-based "isometric" RPG and probably most RTwP ones can be played with mouse only. In turn-based games, I usually only control the camera with my keyboard, but that can be done comfortably with the mouse as well. I can also attest that all IE games can also be played with mouse only if you find a way to comfortably pause the game (maybe get a mouse with buttons on the side).

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
I'm lookin' for role-playing games which can be played without making use of a keyboard.
Dungeon Master possesses an innovative, mouse-drive user interface:

YYLI2T4.png
nnKgXKI.png

CS2YpJl.png
r0SBWJU.png

Not only did Dungeon Master in 1987 create the "paper doll" inventory screen, but for its main interface ringed the central first-person view with controls and info relating to each party member, the party members in relation to each other (and individual party member facing!), the magic system for spell-casting, weapons/items held by each character for immediate use, and directional movement --- all contained on one screen!

Glop_dweller

Prophet
...And of course Eye Of The Beholder followed Dungeonmaster; playable with just the mouse—excepting copy protection challenges.
414397-eye-of-the-beholder-amiga-screenshot-blasted-rust-monster.png

Legend of Grimrock is notable for adding click-arrow control due to a comment on their blog, from someone who really needed it.
LoG2 also supports this.
Grimrock.jpg

zer

Novice
Wizardry 8 can be played with mouse control only . include walking and camera control

It might be easier to name the games which are not controllable via only mouse. Anything not action oriented and made after 1993 has a mouse-centric GUI.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom