Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review Romanians review Fallout 3

hakuroshi

Augur
tunguska said:
I think this may be the first thing Volourn has said that I actually agree with in a long time. Indeed. +1. I think liking TES games, especially the last two, Oblivion and Morrowind, are truly indicators of homosexual tendencies, including a strong desire to slurp on Todd Howard's cock. I'd say that the evidence for this is very strong. Almost indisputable.

Nah, he's for zoonecrophiles.
Ted Peterson's or Julian LeFay's is a way to go.
Or Ken's and MK's if you are on a masochistic side.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
it's one of the few corners of teh internets where I can still find people with a functioning brain.

As opposed to the computergames.ro forums, eh? ;)

Don't know if you have any mod/admin power there, but man those forums are a strong rival for the Bethesda ones in terms of utter stupidity.

Zuluf

Scholar
I moderate the RPG section there, starting yesterday.

I'm going to attempt to introduce all kinds of "fantastic new contraptions" there, like LP threads, real RPG traits and goatse.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
Zuluf said:

I'm going to attempt to introduce all kinds of "fantastic new contraptions" there, like LP threads, real RPG traits and goatse.
:salute:

thenenea

Novice
Zuluf said:

You do that and I might get the courage to sign in to those forums. Only been there once and got scared after reading for five minutes.

Congrats on the review and good luck with future endeavors.

Kthan75

Liturgist
Codex 2012 Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Zuluf said:

Hmm, maybe it's time to wipe the dust off that old cg forums account...

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
BLOBERT said:
Now, was it weak to put the same stuff in? Maybe. I think certain people here would be just as annoyed if they were left out because "we don't have any of the same factions/enemies, the game should have more similarities!", and it would probably be the same people complaining that the BoS and Supermutants are in the game now.

Not me. I didn't even like the fact there were so many Supermutants in Fallout Tactics. Supermutants should seriously be going by the wayside since they pretty much ended with the conclusion of Fallout. Fallout 2 kept the Master's Supermutants fairly rare, one town and some random encounters. I would have prefered if the Supermutant random encounter were even more rare.

The BoS was rare in Fallout 2 also. It's kind of sad they expanded them in Fallout Tactics and even in Fallout 3 for the reasons I explained. Now, if the BoS had changed fairly dramatically given the amount of breaking technology as they moved, I would have been happier.

But really, the Enclave thing is just absurd.

Ausir

Arcane
Not me. I didn't even like the fact there were so many Supermutants in Fallout Tactics. Supermutants should seriously be going by the wayside since they pretty much ended with the conclusion of Fallout. Fallout 2 kept the Master's Supermutants fairly rare, one town and some random encounters. I would have prefered if the Supermutant random encounter were even more rare.

Well, as for Fallout Tactics, according to the ending of FO1, the majority of the Master's army did go east.

Well, in terms of setting, there honestly shouldn't be any Supermutants, BoS, or Centaurs in Fallout 3. If there are Supermutants on the East Coast, they should be really, REALLY rare. Only so many Supermutants were made at Mariposa on the West Coast. How many of them would die along the way?

The FO3 super mutants are not from Mariposa, they're from Vault 87, where they were dipped in FEV as part of the Vault experiment.

The BoS only has so many resources and they're based in Lost Hills. Even if they followed the plot of Fallout Tactics, the BoS would have only expanded so far in the amount of time between Fallout Tactics and Fallout 3. The end slides of Falliut Tactics kind of implied they were expanding West as well. If the BoS expanded quickly East, they would have trouble gathering resources. Things would break down and need to get replenished, so you'd have to stop and gather things. The BoS has lots of technology, so they rely on it heavily. If they double time marched fast towards the East, and things were breaking down on them, they'd be screwed. Sure, the BoS have great amounts of pre-war tech which is a plus when it works, but when it stops working.. The BoS wouldn't survive nearly as long as typical wastelanders. They've never had to survive on their own without their technology.

The Midwestern BoS from Tactics is now a separate faction from both the original BoS and Lyons' BoS in FO3. Scribe Rothchild mentions them in FO3 as "Gone rogue. Long story."

The Enclave is kind of silly as well. The Enclave moved West before the war. If the Congress survived the war, they probably wouldn't have called themselves "The Enclave", since the The Enclave was basically the executive branch that abandoned them to be killed by the bombs. It'd be like the Cinncinnati Bengals renaming themselves Cinncinnati Steelers.

After the destruction of the Oil Rig, the ZAX computer from Raven Rock contacted the broken remains in places like Navarro and odered them to relocate to the East Coast, claiming to be the new president (well, he did have all the proper clearances).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom