Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Codex Review RPG Codex Review: Black Geyser

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Fargus

Arcane
Congrats to Lady Error with Gay Blazer review. Was an interesting read. :salute:

I still haven't played the game through because shizo writing at the beginning puts me off and don't know if i will. Though never say never as they say. If this game really has good exploration i might give it another chance.

covr

Prophet
Patron
Any news regarding future of this game/expansion? They've been almost silent on steam since big survey.

Kliwer

Savant
IWDs are just mind numbingly boring dungeon crawlers.

But the atmosphere and artstyle of IWD are first rate. One of the few games with a touch of Tolkien's armosphere. Too bad the gameplay is boring. To be honest, my ideal cRPG would be a combination of Infinity games. IWD1 atmosphere and story, BG1 gameplay structure, BG2 dungeons, encounters and companions.

ArchAngel

Arcane
You will never catch me slouching in front of a desk like a gaming ghoul. I game in style and comfort - lounging on a couch, either on the ps5, switch or the $300 laptop I bought on amazon 3 or 4 years ago.

A lot of PC games allow you to use controllers if you like. Hooking up a PC to a TV is possible as well. Also, as a setup idea, if you have the space and the money, a sofa can be used as long as to your right is a cushion, to set the mousepad on. From there, you can use a wireless mouse and keyboard.
The days of fucking around with electronics are behind me, I like everything to be prepackaged, work immediately and require no extra wires or peripherals. Whenever this laptop craps out, I'm going to order another $300 Thinkpad, it'll probably run pc games from like 5 years ago well enough :lol:
It will not. 1500$ gaming laptops run PC games 5 years or older, that 300$ one will run 15 years or older

jaekl

Educated
Patron
You will never catch me slouching in front of a desk like a gaming ghoul. I game in style and comfort - lounging on a couch, either on the ps5, switch or the $300 laptop I bought on amazon 3 or 4 years ago.

A lot of PC games allow you to use controllers if you like. Hooking up a PC to a TV is possible as well. Also, as a setup idea, if you have the space and the money, a sofa can be used as long as to your right is a cushion, to set the mousepad on. From there, you can use a wireless mouse and keyboard.
The days of fucking around with electronics are behind me, I like everything to be prepackaged, work immediately and require no extra wires or peripherals. Whenever this laptop craps out, I'm going to order another $300 Thinkpad, it'll probably run pc games from like 5 years ago well enough :lol:
It will not. 1500$ gaming laptops run PC games 5 years or older, that 300$ one will run 15 years or older
My current $300 thinkpad already works on 15 year old games, it got me through all the STALKER games and the XCOM reboot. It just gets real hot, I have to put a towel on my chest to keep my chest hairs from being singed off through my shirt.

processdaemon

Scholar
Patron

$300 is a bit ambitious but I haven't found a game I'm interested in that my $500 refurb laptop can't play (although it ran hotter than the sun for Cyberpunk 2077).

ArchAngel

Arcane

$300 is a bit ambitious but I haven't found a game I'm interested in that my $500 refurb laptop can't play (although it ran hotter than the sun for Cyberpunk 2077).
If you are not getting 60 fps on 1080p that is not considered playing. That is suffering

Last edited:

Joggerino

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
A minimalistic review but I still enjoyed it, just wish you wrote more about the story of the game. Screenshots look great, I really love that old school style.
I'll probably try the game out because of this review.

Lady Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
Writing more about the story would kind of spoil it. "Royal diplomacy in different kingdoms" (with many totally unrelated sidequests) is how I would summarize it.

La vie sexuelle

Learned

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom