Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RPGCodex is slow when logged in and redirects to rpgwatch??

curry

Arcane
I noticed something strange, it started last night. Codex works normally if I'm not logged in but when I log in it gets really slow. Even stranger, it keeps occasionally redirecting me to RPGWatch?

:eek:

Running Fox

Educated
Queued
I do have the same problem. But I figured that it is my routings fault. If I go through a proxy, it works alright.

Right now all level3.net and networklayer.com nodes trace trough but typically most of them time out massively.

curry, you fuck, do a traceroute to rpgcodex.net a few times. Post results.

curry

Arcane
What's with the redirecting though? Why does it do that?

And how come none of this happens if I'm not logged in?

Anyway this it's impossible to use the forum like this so if that's the whole point then congrats you've succeeded

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Check your OS with antivirus or something, perhaps you've got some spyware (or whatever it's called) from RPGWatch.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
I'm also experiencing a certain amount of lag in general. I rarely browse unlogged, but I'm guessing is that the difference is that when you're not logged-in xenforo doesn't have to use all its personal tools / reply forms etc. Frankly I can't say that the new forum seems faster than the old one.

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity
I noticed something strange, it started last night. Codex works normally if I'm not logged in but when I log in it gets really slow. Even stranger, it keeps occasionally redirecting me to RPGWatch?

:eek:

12868.jpg

curry

Arcane
I have tried it on another computer and the same thing happens so it's not my end. The forum works just fine until I log in and it gets frustratingly slow and I get eventually redirected to RPGWatch. You must have set either the forum or the domain to redirect users there, which is a question you haven't answered. Have you set such thing to happen if certain conditions are met (such as site is down)?

I'm also inclined to believe this has something to do with the moderated users thing as the timing would be too much of a coincidence.

If this isn't intentional on your behalf, you really might want to test this thing. Otherwise it kind of makes the feature redundant as it's practically the same as ban. :oops:

hiver

Nope, its a cold hand of destiny crispy.
(im in a bad, grumpy mood currently)

Shitposter
The fact that it's happening to you and Running Fox makes me think it's some sort of punishment for NSFW/spamming. Because I don't think "redirected to a site we like to make fun of" actually happens unintentionally.

SoupNazi

The fact that it's happening to you and Running Fox makes me think it's some sort of punishment for NSFW/spamming. Because I don't think "redirected to a site we like to make fun of" actually happens unintentionally.
Why ruin it, CF? I was laughing all the way through reading the clueless posts in this thread.

Krash

Arcane
Excessive shitposting may indeed cause RPGWatch.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom