Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RPGCodex Minecraft Server

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
mindrack has no advanced solars last time I checked :P. Anyway I'll see what I can do today.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Muty, let's start up the server with Mindcrack and play!

Mindcrack also has Gregtech on by default with all the hardmode recipes enabled. :troll:

But yeah Xycraft blows currently, can't do much of anything with the crystals and they make underground look ghey.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Well I won't mind either way, but most people hate Gregtech it seems. It basically nerfs IC2 to hell without touching some of the other mods, so the end result usually is that no one bothers with IC2 until the endgame when they have everything already.

A normal macerator for example needs 3 diamonds and an advanced circuit, there's no regular mass fab anymore (the new one requires scrap to work at all, and each UUM takes over 16M EU to make) and you can forget about making solar panels early on, as well. Difficulty for the sake of difficulty is rarely much fun.

Bluebottle

Erudite
Patron
Dead State Wasteland 2
Not sure what version of Gregtech is on the Mindcrack version of the mod, but the server I run is currently on the default FTB line, and gregtech on there doesn't affect the macerator craft recipe. Still a fucking pain in the arse to get solar panels, but that makes sense to me. Otherwise there's really no point in having wind, water or geothermal in the mod at all, as solar is the obvious choice.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Afaik the hardmode is on by default in the Gregtech config for Mindcrack - that can of course be adjusted.

You're using the 1.4.2 beta pack? Think slowpoke said somewhere that it won't be compatible with the upcoming ultimate pack.

Bluebottle

Erudite
Patron
Dead State Wasteland 2
We're using the 1.4.2 beta on our server, but a new world won't be too much of an issue, once ultimate runs around. Only half a dozen of us on it at the moment, and most of us haven't got all that far. Will miss the blast furnace I've only just got fucking running though.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
The FTB ultimate pack is apparently on hold until a stable version of Mystcraft is released for 1.4.6. We need Mindcrack!

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Fuck, I'll be happy with whatever as long as it has the awesome extra large biomes and we can run it for a good 12 months before the next reset / map update / whatever.

Oh yeah and trains, definitely trains¹.

¹I can actually live without trains.

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
Fuck, I'll be happy with whatever as long as it has the awesome extra large biomes and we can run it for a good 12 months before the next reset / map update / whatever.

DU, I would prefer to wait for the ultimate pack, its going to be more stable and overall the better choice for a server thats going to be running for an year and it should be out p soon.

I can start a mindcrack server right now, but I'm not really sure if this is going to be a good idea.

EDIT: Hmm yeah, I just saw spectacle's post and it does seem that the ultimate pack will take some time, but I still think that its a good idea to wait for it. Anyway, I'm going to replace the current FTB server with a mindcrack one in the menantime.

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
DU, I would prefer to wait for the ultimate pack, its going to be more stable and overall the better choice for a server thats going to be running for an year and it should be out p soon.

I can start a mindcrack server right now, but I'm not really sure if this is going to be a good idea.

EDIT: Hmm yeah, I just saw spectacle's post and it does seem that the ultimate pack will take some time, but I still think that its a good idea to wait for it. Anyway, I'm going to replace the current FTB server with a mindcrack one in the menantime.
I say we try it - if it works all right for a week / month or so, we stick with it. If / when the ultimate pack comes out, we can decide to move to that then.

Also, how to Minecrack?

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
EDIT: Hmm yeah, I just saw spectacle's post and it does seem that the ultimate pack will take some time, but I still think that its a good idea to wait for it.

With the unified configs and the mods mostly the same (and identical worldgen), at worst there should some missing items and blocks if the ultimate pack doesn't have all the mods mindcrack does. Mindcrack altered the ore generations somewhat, but even that would only mean that the y-levels of certain ores spawn differently in new chunks after a mindcrack map is ported to ultimate.

I think. :oops:

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron

Cool! Please disable the xycraft thing if you will. In it's current version it does nothing but make cave walls look like traffic lights.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Soo, looks like Muty sneakily put the Mindcrack server up (tho for some reason it has the older version of Soul Shards, I replaced Mindcrack's with the one in the direwolf pack to be able to join the server) - is this just for testing or can we stick with it, provided that it's compatible with the ultimate pack? I just found the sexiest mountain desert biome ever and I wanna build there.

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
Yeah I had to do the Soul Shards download / swaparoo too to get in.

Seems to be some kind of lag too - like pop a block and it takes half a sec to pop.

And lag in general, which seems to make fighting zombies rather awkward.

EDIT: Yeah, the lag was nothing like this on the FTB server. Not sure why we have it now?

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
It's not nearly as bad as that for me (minimal block delay, monsters a bit jumpy tho), but the difference is noticeable from SP, for example. Looks like it's a common issue, too:

http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/mindcrack-pack-server-lag.5119/

http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/server-lag.2501/

I think we can rule out any advanced mod stuff like those modular force fields and such being the culprit, so could be a memory config issue. Maybe try those long-ass java parameters mentioned in the second thread?

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
Sorry guys I was away for the last 2 days and I forgot to post that I replaced the sever with the mindcrack one.

The client was crashing for me and I couldn't test it if its running ok at all.

I'll try to get the client running on my notebook tomorrow and I'll check it.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Works just fine, DU is just lagging with his glorious aussie internets.

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
Where can I get the latest mindcrack server from, looks like I'm retarded, but I can't fucking find it anywhere. I also still can't get the client to start...

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Where can I get the latest mindcrack server from, looks like I'm retarded, but I can't fucking find it anywhere. I also still can't get the client to start...

Filter settings => Mod Pack Type: Server => Apply Filter

What does it do when you try to start the client?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom