Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RPGCodex Minecraft Server

Luzur

Good Sir
dunno, i couldnt get half of what he said.

i just looked at the moving pictures.

deus101

Never LET ME into a tattoo parlor!
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
He's waiting for bukkit versions for Railcraft and Wireless redstone.

deus101

OKeily dokeily.....he says tomorrow.

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
Ass to mouth? :thumbsup:
Like a real gentleman

I have some bad news and some good news. Bad news are that some of the redpower block ids are overlapping with was added in 1.0 (cauldurons for example)I rejiggled their ids and the server is up and running now but most of the redpower stuff is a complete mess, I'm trying to fix what I can manually. but I'm still not 100% sure that the world will survive the update.

The good news are that the server is up and running, I only have to repack the client and we are set.

deus101

I did gave you a link to a converter for that didnt i?

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
Sorry guys I've been trying to get the world working for the last 3 hours, but so far no progress. I fix one thing and something else blows up... I'm going to continue tomorrow and see if I can get it to work properly, but I won't bet on it.

In the meantime I'm leaving the server running with a new map. One more thing is that the new biomes aren't generated with the old map, no matter how far out you go :(.

The new client installer is ready, there are tons of new stuff. The optional mods are all updated( theres's a tmi like plugin with working recipiebook like thingie in mp and etc.) and there are lots of other cool new things in the main mods(like the tunnel bore!) . I would really like to update the first post, but either I'm dumb or I can't edit my posts. I'll make a detailed post about all the updates tomorrow when I get some more time.

To sum it up:

MC RPG Codex Installer v. 1.0:
Download it here: http://www.mediafire.com/?3s215x95iq1csl9

In order to install it properly you have to:
  1. Either delete or rename your .minecraft folder. This time only deleting the mods folder won't work since some of the config files are updated.
  2. Start Minecraft and wait for it to download all its files again.
  3. Extract the installer from the link above somewhere and run installer.jar
  4. Don't forget to choose only one of the optifine mods. Otherwise your mc install will crash and burn.
  5. Join the server.
  6. ???
  7. Profit.

deus101

You could just...copy the old map onto a new map.......maybe

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
You could just...copy the old map onto a new map.......maybe

Does MCEdit even support mod blocks and such? Most everything people have constructed rely on those.

Fwiw I'm in favor of wiping, the biome code in 1.81 sucks with swamps and such.

deus101

Does MCEdit even support mod blocks and such? Most everything people have constructed rely on those.
MCedit is very flexible,, it can't render the custom stuff but it can still carry the custom entity datas and block ids. saveing it and so on.
Fwiw I'm in favor of wiping, the biome code in 1.81 sucks with swamps and such.

fuck you!

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
We need snow and swamps!
I held off playing much on the old map specifically because I worried that a wipe would be needed....
I hope copy-pasting old into new will work.

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
So far no dice. Even when I copy over our stuff from the old world in mcedit and paste it in the new one, I'm getting tons of errors with buildcraft and ic2 and then the server crashes...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom