Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Daemongar

Arcane
Codex Year of the Donut
Fallout 1.
Fable 1.
Betrayal at Krondor.
Dragon Age 1.
Chrono Trigger.
Final Fantasy 6.
Jade Empire.
Dark Souls.

Baldur's Gate II.
Dragon Quest V.
Ultima 7.
Wizardry 7.
Earthbound.

Honorable Mention to games that are amazing but have some critical flaw: These all belong above.
Pool of Radiance.
Vampire: Bloodlines.
Planescape: Torment.
World of Xeen.

Fixed it. WTF is wrong with you? What is the critical flaw of World of Xeen? That it ends?

Theldaran

Liturgist
Fallout 1.
Fable 1.
Betrayal at Krondor.
Dragon Age 1.
Chrono Trigger.
Final Fantasy 6.
Jade Empire.
Dark Souls.
Baldur's Gate II.
Dragon Quest V.
Ultima 7.
Wizardry 7.
Earthbound.

Honorable Mention to games that are amazing but have some critical flaw:
Pool of Radiance.
Vampire: Bloodlines.
Planescape: Torment.
World of Xeen.

What about Ravenloft 2? The atmosphere is so unique, and there has never been anything similar (if there has, I would like to know). It's debatable if I liked more R2 or the BGs back in the day. And I beat them without any shoddy guide.

Also I miss some Eye of the Beholder or Dark Sun.

Incendax

Augur
What about Ravenloft 2? The atmosphere is so unique, and there has never been anything similar (if there has, I would like to know). It's debatable if I liked more R2 or the BGs back in the day. And I beat them without any shoddy guide.
I've never actually played Strahd's Possession, Stone Prophet, or Menzoberranzan. I always meant to get around to it, but there was always some other game I was playing. Fuck, I even played the hell out of Hillsfar and Dragonstrike. I really should use the quarantine time to go play them after I finish Underrail.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
I've never actually played Strahd's Possession, Stone Prophet, or Menzoberranzan.

You're not missing much.

Have you played Jagged Alliance 2, ToEE and Silent Storm?

jagged%2Balliance%2B2.jpg

paladin.jpg

00.jpg

Those three are king-tier genre-apex for combat connoisseurs, who are the only posters that count ITT.

Incendax

Augur
Have you played Jagged Alliance 2, ToEE and Silent Storm?
I played the first Jagged Alliance and had fun with it, but not the second. I'll definitely give it a try.
I ruined ToEE for myself by rest grinding too much and then stomping over everything like godzilla.
Never heard of Silent Storm. Is it this game?

Darth Canoli

Arcane
I ruined ToEE for myself by rest grinding too much and then stomping over everything like godzilla.

You can't possibly ruin ToEE, just add Temple +, there's a lot of new classes and races, even Trolls and Hill Giants and the more interesting quests (from the Temple factions) are multiple playthrough-friendly.
Also, the arena fights from Co8 are good (if you want to try something from Co8, that's probably the best part)

As for Silent Storm, i remember enjoying it back in the days but i tried to replay it last year and couldn't get myself to go further than the first mission, the combat UI aged badly.

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
As for Silent Storm, i remember enjoying it back in the days but i tried to replay it last year and couldn't get myself to go further than the first mission, the combat UI aged badly.
This is complete rubbish. What's supposed to be the problem with it, exactly?

Not.AI

Learned
Jade Empire was actually pretty good.

The few choices you could make were meaningful. More like an action-adventure game with RPG mechanics overall. But still really good.

(Whatever happened to Jade Empire 2?)

Ninjerk

Arcane
Jade Empire was actually pretty good.

The few choices you could make were meaningful. More like an action-adventure game with RPG mechanics overall. But still really good.

(Whatever happened to Jade Empire 2?)
As I recall, it wasn't seen as having sold well enough to warrant a second thought. I remember enjoying what little I played of it as a dumbfuck teenager, but "masterpiece?"

Darth Canoli

Arcane
This is complete rubbish. What's supposed to be the problem with it, exactly?

I don't remember, it was last year, i just played the first mission of sentinels and i don't care enough to re-install it.
What i remember clearly was your ally taking his sweet time to climb up the stairs (re-played that mission 3 times at least, couldn't save him) and then running amok and getting killed.

Trying to save NPC with a retarded AI is one of my least favorite thing in a video game.

Slaver1

Savant
Agree with many of the games listed here. I'll throw in Quest For Glory IV! What an absolute beauty of a game. It was ahead of its time by a country mile and holds up to this very day. Stone-cold classic.

Deleted Member 22431

Check this game, Lilura. It seems interesting.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom