Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Rumor: New Vegas 2 from Obsidian

Vatnik Wumao
Some media have pieces so intrinsic to them as to be defined by it
Don't disagree that gameplay is both integral and central to a video game, but even if that's what makes a game 'poor' or not doesn't mean that it necessarily is what defines the experience for the player. To make a comparison to tabletop games, I can play a wargame because I like the system or I can play a roleplaying game because I like the setting despite the system that it has to be played in being mediocre (and naturally I can play a roleplaying game for the system despite it having a mediocre setting).

To each their own at the end of the day. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Smerlus

Educated
I don't know what to be more excited to see, VTMB2 or FNV2.

It's like two abortions that didn't take and seeing which one is the least disfigured up upon birth!

Delterius

Arcane
It doesn't make sense to do another New Vegas. The US has plenty of interesting locations and biomes for them to explore, especially if you want to do them post-nuclear holocaust. They could do something in mountains, something in the Montana/Dakotas area, deep south, upstate NY, etc. Tons of stuff.
its going to be set in Las Vegas, New Mexico

Tihskael

Learned
the Starfield engine
no gamebryo no purchase

You prefer another Unreal shooter instead?
I prefer a space themed Skyrim mod
hqdefault.jpg

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014
Gameplay is a nondescript term that means different things to different people, akin to judging books on their bookread or movies on their moviewatch. Someone can think FNV has good gameplay due to liking the way you solve quests or interact with the world while simultaneously thinking it has poor combat.

Anything forced to use VATS is inevitably going to suffer. The biggest problem New Vegas had was its requirement to use VATS. The issue now, of course, is that all of the "Fans" of "Fallout" (and by this I mean people who liked Fallout 3/4) have come to expect VATS, especially on a console since aiming with thumb sticks in a Bethesda engine is always terrible. To them, VATS is a part of Fallout and any new Fallout game must have it.

Codex Year of the Donut
Gameplay is a nondescript term that means different things to different people, akin to judging books on their bookread or movies on their moviewatch. Someone can think FNV has good gameplay due to liking the way you solve quests or interact with the world while simultaneously thinking it has poor combat.

Anything forced to use VATS is inevitably going to suffer. The biggest problem New Vegas had was its requirement to use VATS. The issue now, of course, is that all of the "Fans" of "Fallout" (and by this I mean people who liked Fallout 3/4) have come to expect VATS, especially on a console since aiming with thumb sticks in a Bethesda engine is always terrible. To them, VATS is a part of Fallout and any new Fallout game must have it.
I liked VATS.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I think a New Vegas 2 can be fun to play as a shooter, with the latest Gamebryo engine, if Obsidian don't diverge from the old game's aesthetic. From what I've heard and from my 10 hours of pirated Fallout 4 gameplay, the shooting and movement are vastly improved and are the best in any Gamebryo game.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
I dunno. I feel like Arcanum 2 wouldn't be very good. I feel like whatever creative juices Tim Cain has are kinda just gone at this point, and he's doing it for a paycheck. Plus, I feel that he's gotten way too much credit over the years, because he was the face of Troika for so long as one of the bosses there. I'm definitely guilty of attributing credit in that direction, and it's not entirely unearned, but one guy, or two (he and Leo Boyarski) can't make up for a bad team.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Lets hope not,obsidian can't make nu vegas 2,it lacks the skilled people for that. It will end up generic garbage like their last game,the boring one about corporation,forgot the name.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom