Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Rune Factory 5

Will you be playing it?

• Total voters

j2alg

Educated
2019: this game will beat the shit out of stardew valley
fast forward... stardew bros have the last laugh.

Lucumo

Educated
2019: this game will beat the shit out of stardew valley
fast forward... stardew bros have the last laugh.
Though, Stardew Valley's character design is absolutely terrible and they have no charm whatsoever. Apart from that, they copied Harvest Moon well and finally brought the genre properly to the PC. Too bad that instead of seizing the opportunity, Japanese developers just messed up instead.

jungl

Augur
so why people mad over this chinese cartoon girls got censored?

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
Game looks ugly, and full 3d was a mistake. How do we have games as beautiful as Doraemon Story of Seasons and yet studios are still putting this shit out? How is the Doraemon graphically way above the other story of seasons game that has came out afterwards? They should grab the next Story of Seasons or Rune factory and throw it into Doraemon's engine and just reuse the assets. Doraemon has better animations, controls, etc. Only problem is it is less focused on the Story of Seasons aspect and more focused on some story based shit. Mainline Story of Seasons being beaten by a spin off is disgusting. Doraemon is the best looking farming game there is, and it controls very well with great animations. Just wish it was a full Story of Seasons. Or better yet, a full Rune factory.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
The series gonna be dead again isn't it.

Unfortunate, instead of focusing what they could do well, the focus on full 3D seems to sucks up unnecessary resources.

jungl

Augur
Its the over the shoulder and full 3d. Games are easier to look good on low end hardware in isometric. I don't mind its a nostalgia kickback to ugly 3D games from the past! lol

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
WCi0thR.png

I'm not a huge fan of the character models themselves, but look how good this game looks. This should be the standard for farming games right now. How are Story of Season games coming out after this Story of Seasons spin off still looking like that 3d shit. People should see a video of this game in action. Has great controls and animations when placing seeds or watering or just walking around. Maybe this game is big in Japan, but it looks better than any other farming game out there and barely gets any attention.

This is proof that 3D != modern, it's just another camera technique. Going 3D because it's "modern" is stupid. This is what I want for RuneFactory

TheSoul

Scholar
WCi0thR.png

I'm not a huge fan of the character models themselves, but look how good this game looks. This should be the standard for farming games right now. How are Story of Season games coming out after this Story of Seasons spin off still looking like that 3d shit. People should see a video of this game in action. Has great controls and animations when placing seeds or watering or just walking around. Maybe this game is big in Japan, but it looks better than any other farming game out there and barely gets any attention.

This is proof that 3D != modern, it's just another camera technique. Going 3D because it's "modern" is stupid. This is what I want for RuneFactory

Did you get used to the camera being angled? I played it last year until I got to Summer and the diagonal angle keeps throwing me off when I'm trying to farm. I'm still not sure how the new games got so ugly. The newer ones just look like uglier versions of Animal Parade.

Compared to

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Whatever hapened to Farmville?

I remember people telling me back in 2006 how awesome it was on FB. I ignored them and played EUO instead.

it has farming too if you care and brewing.

and....

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
This is my canvas.
7QyXqCy.jpg

Due to the completely embarrassing, pathetic, disgusting state of Rune factory 5, and farming games in general, I have decided to expand my back yard garden into a farm I can be proud of. I think it's absolutely embarrassing that farming games are still so far behind, especially considering Rune factory frontier was an amazing product some 10 years ago. Complete with tomatoes, lettuce, potatoes, beans, carrots, chick peas, peppers, parsley, mint, radish, garlic, strawberries, raspberries, onions, and whatever other seeds I can find at a gardening center near me. Here's the plan I drew up in Microsoft paint:

VdybHyO.png

Seeing as game developers can't provide the experience I need, I'm forced to take things into my own hands and provide myself with the experience.

How hard is it to create a simple farming game? None of that Rune factory 5 where the farm is a small patch and hard to navigate. None of that story of seasons garbage with ugly chibi style graphics, ugly crop textures, and under age romantic partners. None of that star Dew Valley crap where they have removed half the fun of farming through QoL and automation systems. No body wants to fucking create a sprinkler that does the work for them. I want to single handedly and individually provide water to every single crop you see in this blue print.

I just need to go buy some goat shit and seeds now, and I will have the experience I've always wanted from gaming.

Lutte

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
None of that star Dew Valley crap where they have removed half the fun of farming through QoL and automation systems. No body wants to fucking create a sprinkler that does the work for them. I want to single handedly and individually provide water to every single crop you see in this blue print.

mknxSCH.jpg

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
None of that star Dew Valley crap where they have removed half the fun of farming through QoL and automation systems. No body wants to fucking create a sprinkler that does the work for them. I want to single handedly and individually provide water to every single crop you see in this blue print.

mknxSCH.jpg

I agree that dipshits who want factorio lite and automation simulators are autistic.

Endemic

Arcane
Seeing as game developers can't provide the experience I need, I'm forced to take things into my own hands and provide myself with the experience.

:?

I would think the benefit is growing food IRL, but each to his own.

Rafidur

Learned
Every single camera angle in that trailer manages to be even worse than the previous one.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Oieyyyy!! That price. How many hours for average playthrough? Is there an anime of this or something?

Late Bloomer

Scholar
This game looks like shit. The Steam forums have been entertaining at least. The moderators are being kept busy.

Poseidon00

Arcane
I actually thought 3 was pretty good for an action RPG. The best part was going out of town to fight/raise monsters. As with all Harvest Moon games the farming is a chore and i'm not here to play chores.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom