Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review Sacred 2: Still too much bugginess

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Tags: Sacred 2

Also at VBlogger today <a href="http://www.vgblogger.com/?p=4334">is a Scared 2 review</a>:
<br>
<blockquote>The DRM & patch issues warrant further examination: the game has a ‘one install active at a time’ policy. That seems strict, but in reality it is more reasonable than the ‘5 and done’ system used by EA. First off, if you install the game and don’t activate it, you are essentially getting a 24-hour full-featured demo. This is a great compromise, since it lets you have a full feel for the game, and since you cannot nearly complete the campaign in 24 hours anyway it really does work as a demo. Once you choose to activate, the game is locked to that particular PC, meaning that you need to uninstall to ‘revoke’ the activation before installing on another PC or selling/trading the game. Patching the game has proven interesting - I pretty much lost a weekend of potential gaming to the process. After downloading ~1.2GB of files, I had to wait hours while they authenticated everything, then a while longer for the actual patching process to complete. Then I had to repeat it for the second patch. So after installing the game on a Friday and downloading the patches on Saturday morning, I would visit my PC occasionally on Saturday and Sunday until I got everything patched up before finally starting. I can only imagine how I would feel if there had been problems!
<br>
<br>
At this point you are probably wondering how I manage to start things this way and end up with a ‘Buy It’ recommendation! Well, read on and see...</blockquote>
<br>
It seems Ascaron either never learned or figured patching the wazoo out of it worked the first time around, so why not try it again.
<br>
<br>
Spotted @ <a href="http://www.rpgwatch.com">Yup, you guessed it</a>

PennyAnte

Liturgist
It's actually a fairly ok game, better than I expected. It's not one that keeps drawing me back with an addiction factor though. I haven't played it in a couple of weeks and can take or leave it.

Plus, some of the character design options seem wrongheaded. Only three classes have a key magic skill that lets them increase damage and pierce resistance, so the other three classes don't have caster variants that are as viable, for example, even though they have caster combat arts.

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
But because of DRM, I'm probably gonna avoid this like the plague

I actually have Sacred 1, and found it fun. Was looking forward to getting Sacred 2. Too bad it has DRM, which means nothing will be removed from my inventory

Witchblade

Scholar
The Codex is a strange, strange place.

On the same forum where The Witcher, which has on other forums spawned pages and pages of philosophical discussions, and has interesting and rich story, setting, combat, magic and alchemy sysytems, is bashed as being boring; this piece of mindless action crap is being praised.

I actually like this kind of DRM; I think it's a good idea, and I don't need 6 versions of the game running on 6 different PC's.

What made me uninstall the game and toss it in the back of the closet though, is it's unrelenting boringness and shallowness and it's shitter than shit saving system. Or shall I say lack of a saving system.

Even titles like Loki, Titan Quest and Silverfall were deeper than this piece of garbage.

Yes, I had also playd Sacred 1, but that was a lot more fun than this piece of crap.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom