Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Scam Citizen - Only people with too much money can become StarCitizens! WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW MORE?

Myobi

Liturgist
If you intend to test stuff you made for purpose X you want in testing people to break it as much as they can so you can see strees points are. That's engineering 101. You want as much data as possible because with more people those problems will surface either way.

You want them to find what's broken, doesn't necessarily mean you want it to be broken, if it ain't broken, it doesn't require fixing, that's money and time saved, you can move the fuck on with development

I have news for you. If developer releases BETA he doesn't do that because he wants people to play something. He does that because he wants to collect data on issues.

Yes mother fucker I know. He EXPECTS it (especially early versions) to have issues, but he doesn't INTEND those issues to exist, they just do, if mother fuckers could code everything to perfection in one go, they probably would, its not like they are having meetings in expensive space bean bags drinking their venti sun dried ethiopia kayon mountain farm clover starcucks reserve coffee discussing which semicolons they shall remove from the code just to fuck it up properly just so you can test the damn fucking thing.... alas, it's CIG... I changed my mind, you win this one.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

its not like they are having meetings in expensive space bean bags drinking their venti sun dried ethiopia kayon mountain farm clover starcucks reserve coffee discussing which semicolons they shall remove from the code just to fuck it up properly just so you can test the damn fucking thing.... alas, it's CIG... I changed my mind, you win this one.

That's called Star Citizen community engagement.

Perkel

Arcane
Engineering goes into EPTU. That's one more feature to scratch off from the SC features list. Only few micro-issues left.

Last edited:

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Engineering goes into EPTU. That's one more feature to scratch off from the SC features list. Only few micro-issues left.

What about the hundreds of jpgs and star systems? Do they not exist on the list?

By the way, the soy boy in the thumbnail sums up Scam Citizen cultists just right. He looks like he is ready to swallow Chris's chocolate from Chris's thermal exhaust port...

Perkel

Arcane
What about the hundreds of jpgs and star systems? Do they not exist on the list?

That's the easy part. Just take AI image generation. Press button 100 times with "spherical planet" as prompt and then copy paste it as system background + some stars. And add to that 10 000 more via random generation button for bunch of nothing in it systems.

Size of the universe is never the problem. It is the meaningful content that is. Elite has a real life scale milky way galaxy but the content is so thin than you can see it repeating in a single system let alone a few or galaxy.

Chris is an idiot and decided that everything will be unique (probably not knowing what it will entail). So with just their 1 system currently they have more unique content than in the whole Elite or many other games. IT is just buggy and shitty to play due to unfinished features and endless feature creep.

Their design is good. But they bite too much to chew.

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck

That's the easy part. Just take AI image generation. Press button 100 times with "spherical planet" as prompt and then copy paste it as system background + some stars. And add to that 10 000 more via random generation button for bunch of nothing in it systems.

Size of the universe is never the problem. It is the meaningful content that is. Elite has a real life scale milky way galaxy but the content is so thin than you can see it repeating in a single system let alone a few or galaxy.

Chris is an idiot and decided that everything will be unique (probably not knowing what it will entail). So with just their 1 system currently they have more unique content than in the whole Elite or many other games. IT is just buggy and shitty to play due to unfinished features and endless feature creep.

Their design is good. But they bite too much to chew.
I see a word salad that means absolutely nothing. Cultists are hilarious when they spew shit that has no actual meaning.

:hahyou:

Oh at least Elite Dangerous is a fully released game not a glorified tech demo that Scam Citizen is.

Perkel

Arcane

I mean it is true. Elite has barely any content. Like 5-6 types of stations, handful of ships, and some minor ground stations. I played like 70 hours of Elite and there is nothing in it other than mindless cash grind. The horizon expansion added just selenas to explore (moons without atmo) and they pretty much look all the same so once you visited one you seen all of them.

Just one planet in SC like Hurston has more unique content than whole galaxy in Elite. If you fly over Hurston there are trash heaps, huge city, acid lakes, savannas, deserts, mountains region, polluted oceans, outposts, village or two, junkyards, caves etc. Going into above hurston you have space station, comm link satelite and 4 moons. On aberdeen you have prison which you go to if you get caught aside from few mining outposts. On 3 other moons there are also outposts, shelters, caves, wrackages etc.

That's one planet and its surroundings. And we are talking just locations. When it comes to stuff like gameplay features or ships there is no comparison.

People like idea of space and planets but don't realize that it is what on those planets and what you can find in space is interesting not those two things on their own.

ADL

Prophet
There's like a hundred and forty ships implemented in game. Who gives a fucking shit about the jpgs at this point? Anyone who buys a concept knows what they're buying and gets a loaner in the meantime.

Fair point on the star systems but I'm 99.9% positive they're sitting on Nyx and others pending dynamic server meshing implementation to keep costs down.
Yes. There's a reason why Elite players went to Star Citizen. "At least my game is released" is pathetic cope when Odyssey is sitting at 39% positive and no one wants to play it, aside from ~3000 dads coming home to play space trucker every night. It's a boring, stagnant game with a boring stagnant playerbase as the game is practically in maintenance mode.

Frontier's 'you want that feature? we'll patch it in later and sell it to you' approach has been a complete disaster for ED. Instead of delivering a quality game with the kind of content players want (atmospheric flight and space legs) included from the beginning, they sold them as two poorly received expansions bolted onto a decent space cargo hauling game and their players paid for the privilege... Of course by nature of expansion packs, instead of bringing those expansions up to par, they didn't because the moment they released Horizons (flop) they were already working on Odyssey (flop).

I'll always find it hilarious how much people get up in arms over the average spend of Star Citizen being ~$131 when many Elite Dangerous players are in for $50+$40+$40.

Perkel

Arcane
New atmospherics improvement in upcoming patch looks fing nice.

9sakfi88rqtc1.png

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
There's like a hundred and forty ships implemented in game. Who gives a fucking shit about the jpgs at this point? Anyone who buys a concept knows what they're buying and gets a loaner in the meantime.

Imagine getting a loaner ship and waiting 10 years for your jpg to be implemented. Cultists like you always have an excuse and blame the victim not Chris for shitting in your mouth and not delivering.

Fair point on the star systems but I'm 99.9% positive they're sitting on Nyx and others pending dynamic server meshing implementation to keep costs down.

Do you have any fucking proof Alex or is this more of your copiuim bullshit?

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
All of them. And it looks the part too considering we are talking about Hurston aka the garbage/waste/heavyindustries planet.

You do realize, dipshit, that you didn't actually answer my question. What the fuck does this have to do with me asking how many years it took them to make the 2000s brown shit filter? I swear y'all cultists are brain damaged.

Perkel

Arcane
All of them. And it looks the part too considering we are talking about Hurston aka the garbage/waste/heavyindustries planet.

You do realize, dipshit, that you didn't actually answer my question. What the fuck does this have to do with me asking how many years it took them to make the 2000s brown shit filter? I swear y'all cultists are brain damaged.

It's amazing looking brown shit filter.

:kfc:

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck

It's amazing looking brown shit filter.

:kfc:
How is Chris's chocolate from his thermal exhaust port?

Myobi

Liturgist
If you fly over Hurston there are trash heaps, huge city, acid lakes, savannas, deserts, mountains region, polluted oceans, outposts, village or two, junkyards, caves etc.
Trash heaps indeed.

I'm just not sure if I would qualify that as "content", its just a more detailed exploration system... and of course it is, its +12 years of development of a single solar system Vs 1:1 scale modeling of the milky way released in 2014, would be shocking if it wasn't.

The problem is... and what can you do with that? I'm not going to sit here and pretend that I'm up to date with Star Citizen content, but from what I've seen, it seems there are only a few game loops finished, and many of those still broken, and many consist on just a slightly different type of energy beams.

I've thrown about 200 hours into ED back in the day, far from fucking perfect I'll tell you that, but a pretty solid game, factions, reputation systems, rankings, bounty hunting, piracy, trading, smuggling, exploration, mining, community goals, aliens, multicrew, a progression system... is it the deepest shit ever? Lol, fuck no.

Yes. There's a reason why Elite players went to Star Citizen. "At least my game is released" is pathetic cope when Odyssey is sitting at 39% positive and no one wants to play it, aside from ~3000 dads coming home to play space trucker every night. It's a boring, stagnant game with a boring stagnant playerbase as the game is practically in maintenance mode.

Frontier's 'you want that feature? we'll patch it in later and sell it to you' approach has been a complete disaster for ED. Instead of delivering a quality game with the kind of content players want (atmospheric flight and space legs) included from the beginning, they sold them as two poorly received expansions bolted onto a decent space cargo hauling game and their players paid for the privilege... Of course by nature of expansion packs, instead of bringing those expansions up to par, they didn't because the moment they released Horizons (flop) they were already working on Odyssey (flop).

I'll always find it hilarious how much people get up in arms over the average spend of Star Citizen being ~$131 when many Elite Dangerous players are in for $50+$40+$40.

ED community has been oscillating between 3,000 to 10,000 players since 2015, in STEAM alone.

This "ELITE PLAYERS ARE LEAVING FOR STAR CITIZEN!" can only be backed up by a handful of posts made by random people in reddit, and just like those, you'll find many claiming the other way around, most of them probably made by autistic people like you with weird emotional attachments to video game companies.

As for its price, right at this moment:

ED.jpg

Slightly cheaper than the amazing SC Legatus Pack I would say. Don't get me wrong, I'm all up for shitting on ED issues, that fucking DLC was criminal, fuck them big time for it, but I'm not going to sit here entertaining your retarded ass by pretending it excuses or it is somehow worse than the shit CIG has been pulling in the last decade.

Cohesion

Scholar
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
If you fly over Hurston there are trash heaps, huge city, acid lakes, savannas, deserts, mountains region, polluted oceans, outposts, village or two, junkyards, caves etc.
Trash heaps indeed.

I'm just not sure if I would qualify that as "content", its just a more detailed exploration system... and of course it is, its +12 years of development of a single solar system Vs 1:1 scale modeling of the milky way released in 2014, would be shocking if it wasn't.

The problem is... and what can you do with that? I'm not going to sit here and pretend that I'm up to date with Star Citizen content, but from what I've seen, it seems there are only a few game loops finished, and many of those still broken, and many consist on just a slightly different type of energy beams.

I've thrown about 200 hours into ED back in the day, far from fucking perfect I'll tell you that, but a pretty solid game, factions, reputation systems, rankings, bounty hunting, piracy, trading, smuggling, exploration, mining, community goals, aliens, multicrew, a progression system... is it the deepest shit ever? Lol, fuck no.

ED community has been oscillating between 3,000 to 10,000 players since 2015, in STEAM alone.

This "ELITE PLAYERS ARE LEAVING FOR STAR CITIZEN!" can only be backed up by a handful of posts made by random people in reddit, and just like those, you'll find many claiming the other way around, most of them probably made by autistic people like you with weird emotional attachments to video game companies.

As for its price, right at this moment:

ED.jpg

Slightly cheaper than the amazing SC Legatus Pack I would say. Don't get me wrong, I'm all up for shitting on ED issues, that fucking DLC was criminal, fuck them big time for it, but I'm not going to sit here entertaining your retarded ass by pretending it excuses or it is somehow worse than the shit CIG has been pulling in the last decade.
Yyno?? Pls buy jpg, don't you have money, sir!?

Myobi

Liturgist
I love the screen shots...
jonFTGg.jpeg

GK4-wADWUAA1dQb

... and then:

Reminds me those people with thousands of mods in skyrim, it may run like ass at 10 FPS, but the screen shots look damn fine.

Ba'al

Scholar
"nice screenshots" my ass, both the dude and the four legged abomination in the second pic aren't even making contact with the ground

Perkel

Arcane
"nice screenshots" my ass, both the dude and the four legged abomination in the second pic aren't even making contact with the ground

Shut the fuck up. Do you want to Chris hear it and add another feature ?

"We realized we need to further delay Star Citizen because we need accurate millimeter precision touching between animals and ground."

Last edited:

Myobi

Liturgist
Obsly you just don't understand game development, go educate yourself and while at it, buy an Idris.

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck

Shut the fuck up. Do you want to Chris hear it and add another feature ?

"We realized we need to further delay Star Citizen because we need accurate millimeter precision touching between animals and ground."

With over a half a billion dollars you'd think worthless Chris Roberts and his programmers would do it right the first fucking time. No wonder this tech demo is vaporware and beats Duke Nukem Forever on being in development. LOL

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom