Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
20220208020410_1.jpg

Starwars

Arcane
ucUD5GW.jpg

Starting up a playthrough of Storm of Zehir. Been a long time, actually quite excited to dive into a game like this right now. Gonna be fun.

Aemar

Arcane
Trying a random HoMM 3 map for the very first time.
:what::what::what:

WTF man.

I play mostly random HotA maps, on L/XL/H map sizes, maximum player difficulty; no undergroung area.

Last edited:

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Trying a random HoMM 3 map for the very first time.
:what::what::what:

WTF man.

I play mostly random HotA maps, on L/XL/H map sizes, maximum player difficulty; no undergroung area.

Well, there are so many good user-made maps.
The only problem is that they all are too scripted, so I thought I'd try something more unpredictable. Good fun, and much more strategic than designed maps, but rather too much spell scrolls, teleporters and boxes.
I understand HoA greatly improves the random map generator, though, so I guess that's next when I crave some HoMM 3 unpredictability.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Severance - Blade of Darkness re-released and modern, tweaked version. Say goodbye to comically wide barbarian/dwarf, this time we get proper widescreen and more. Including fog.
xYhw5Hw.jpg

New sword, new combos. Some of them suck, which means you still keep old weapons with you because their combos are easier and more effective.
This one can drain all your stamina
VkLpojo.jpg

and still miss
EckhVWO.jpg

don't rely too much on locked camera, you still miss a lot

NM4XswC.jpg

NrEhx7T.jpg

u0Bjip5.jpg

Kupc1qF.jpg

skeleton war is over
olqHZ7M.jpg

aLFTJWD.jpg

8CnBvxK.jpg

got you, bitch
xYhw5Hw.jpg

Final showdown
feels bad that best weapon can be found at the end of the game, some nice combos that cut boss HP in 2-3 attempts...

Barbarian was a nice, bootleg Conan.
But only when you land easy combos and most encounters with skeletons sucks since he only get one club somewhere in the last quarter of the game.
sZqa3GN.jpg

b4y0e6Q.jpg

JivoX1P.jpg

i8M3PIB.jpg

ARyz1y4.jpg

vwTmKM0.jpg

NM4XswC.jpg
glad it's over
N6ejfqg.jpg

Me after getting best rating in each level
LeVMnpp.jpg

I had this stupid idea (to begin with) - why not skip all hidden runes so you can come back later and grind new enemies for XP? Turns out new enemies are on lower level than you (4-8 vs. you lvl19+).
Which means they deal a lot of damage, apply various nasty debuffs and have decent HP but you get almost no XP.
Sometimes my stupidity leads to well deserved suffering and misery...

Last edited:

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
over 25 years old and still an amazing game

The atmosphere is thick as fuck, the puzzles not too difficult yet but pretty much 100% based on exploration which is the game's greatest strength.

Playing the Steam version which runs in DOS Box by default, which isn't the best way to run it on a modern PC but I love how authentic it is that way. The low resolution only adds to the atmosphere of exploring long forgotten tombs. Much better than using a modern widescreen patch tbh.

20220204192705-1.jpg

20220212152459-1.jpg

20220212154107-1.jpg

20220212155739-1.jpg

20220212162158-1.jpg

Codex Year of the Donut
over 25 years old and still an amazing game

The atmosphere is thick as fuck, the puzzles not too difficult yet but pretty much 100% based on exploration which is the game's greatest strength.

Playing the Steam version which runs in DOS Box by default, which isn't the best way to run it on a modern PC but I love how authentic it is that way. The low resolution only adds to the atmosphere of exploring long forgotten tombs. Much better than using a modern widescreen patch tbh.

20220204192705-1.jpg

20220212152459-1.jpg

20220212154107-1.jpg

20220212155739-1.jpg

20220212162158-1.jpg
What Morrowind mod is this?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom