Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Serial Killer Roguelike (WIP)

Oggez_Rashas

Novice
Yeah there are already lots of games where you play people who would be considered "serial killers" like Grand Theft Auto or Postal. But lets look on the bright sides. A: Crimson King is basically anonymous so he won't get rage harassment in real life. And B: The more controversy it stirs up, the more people will play it.

BethesdaLove

Arbiter
Oggez_Rashas, you should visit our General Discussion forums. Its a joy.

TheCrimsonKing, could you post your scrolling code?

Visbhume

Prophet
TheCrimsonKing, what language and libraries are you using? In particular for graphics and text rendering.

I want to be able to force that lazy fat fuck watching TV to eat until he dies. Will we be able to do that in the later builds at least? :)

(Se7en)

Broken Orange

Novice
I will pay you ten American dollars for this when it is finish! How (if you're planing to "sell" it) would you give this to the public?

reaven

Educated
Visbhume said:
TheCrimsonKing, what language and libraries are you using? In particular for graphics and text rendering.
I think I've read somewhere he is using java.

Tycn

Savant
Holy shit, you've spawned a 65 page thread in less than a week. I too hope your project comes to fruition.

soggie

Educated
Suggestion:

- add forensics to it. Gunshots leave residue on the surroundings and your clothes, footsteps leave tracks, wounds leave blood trails, etc
- add dogs. Scent trails.

Oggez_Rashas

Novice
soggie said:
Suggestion:

- add forensics to it. Gunshots leave residue on the surroundings and your clothes, footsteps leave tracks, wounds leave blood trails, etc
- add dogs. Scent trails.

Don't forget to add curtains too.

Murk

Arcane
Hadn't watched the video, just did, holy shit holy shit that is awesome.

I usually have little patience for rogue-likes but this looks awesome.

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
Man I just re-watched the video in more detail and this is truly inspiring. It makes me wish I never shifted to using graphics and just remained with textmode, where graphics and code are ONE, and where words rule all.

By now I would've completed something awesome like that.

Zomg

Arbiter
Codex was in on it, he PMed everyone in the secret PM club

I guess it was a hoax, but this wasn't really outlandish enough to be a troll in a world with LCS in it :?

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria

Oggez_Rashas

Novice
Fantastically disappointing. I should have known. Everything in the video was just too perfect. The victim throwing up his arm to block the blow followed by his attempt to grab the weapon and cutting himself. The dramatic showdown with the cops. Carefully orchestrated down to the tiniest detial. That will teach me to be happy about anything ever. Bravo you bastard. But all hope is not lost (just yet)! With this much interest stired, surely someone will try programing a "real deal" version. Hell, if I knew how to program I'd do it myself.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
SERIAL-KILL HIM WITH CHILD-RAPE

(put that in your write-up)

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Ok. That was the most distasteful joke that I have seen in last ten years.

There is hope in that a quantitative portion of gamers were repulsed by the notion of simulating serial killers as player characters in a video game. Kudos to you if you fall in that category.
Also, please that tell me that it's just elaborate trolling. Are these guys vegetarians or what?

EDIT:
Oh, I see, it was a troll. My belief in humanity is saved :love: .

Murk

Arcane
;((((

well, fuck. I didn't care about pretend-serial-killing, I just wanted a super interactive and detailed game :(

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom