Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Serpens: Eternal Thievery - Thief: The Dark Project clone

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Serpens: Eternal Thievery is a retro immersive first-person stealth game where you embody Anika, a thief gifted with the power to loop back in time. You are part of the Circle of Serpens, a legendary thieving order that worships the serpent god. In return you are granted an ancient heirloom: the Amulet of Serpens.

Use it to rewind time and prepare your heist with minute detail. Combine your unique ability with an arsenal of weapons and become one of the most feared Thieves in the Sphere. The outcome of each heist unfolds based on your decisions in highly non-linear levels graphically inspired by late 1990s games.

Story: After being released from the royal prison, a lifeline is offered to you by an unknown client. Steal the Ancestral Staff from Scree Abbey, a monastery perched atop Mt Scree. The Staff carries a detailed record of the royal family tree, and you suspect your client desires it in order to start a leadership claim on the Kingdom. A claim that will surely bring war and desolation to the Sphere. Trivial matters to you: as long as you’re thieving, you are deserving of Serpens’s grace.

Steam_Explore.png

Explore.gif

• Highly non-linear levels. Play the way you want to play: nowhere is off limits. Will you favour the high ground and stalk from the roof or stay close to the ground and prey from the shadows?
  • Find keys, read notes, eavesdrop on conversations to gather leads. Each Lead will take you closer to a successful heist.

Steam_Fight.png

Fight.gif

• Your arsenal includes a sharp stiletto and a multi use crossbow. Use piercing, blunt, water or fire bolts to kill, stun or immolate enemies.
  • Stealth your way through a dynamic light and sound system that enemies, and innocent bystanders, use to detect you. Loud sounds will bring you unwanted attention.
  • Trace the path you walk by dousing torches, causing distractions and hiding bodies. Or favour violence and fight your enemies head on.

Steam_Loop.png

Loop.gif

• Loop back in time using the Amulet of Serpens when you’ve exhausted the usefulness of your current loop.
  • Uncover the patterns and schedules of characters in the game: their behaviour changes throughout the loop. Characters move around, going on about their business.

Now go, Faithful Anika. Harness the Loop and be worthy of Serpens's gift.

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
This is extremely shameless. I guess they're making a new worse Thief engine so that they can charge money for it.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Embracer should just let people monetize Thief FMs, which is what this basically is.

toughasnails

With such an embarrassing AI like this, this is DOA.
It's a very early alpha as stated, and this seems to be one man project. Also, let's not pretend that Thief 1/2 AI was all that.

Embracer should just let people monetize Thief FMs
I was hoping that, if ND ever comes to remastering Thief, they would attempt to make arrangements with Black Parade guys so that their campaign could either be included in the remaster, a la those new expansions in ND's Quake remasters, or sold as a DLC.

Last edited by a moderator:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom