Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Shadowrun Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director's Cut

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I'd buy it even it were more of the base game, so any improvements are gravy. Just pulled the trigger, but I probably won't play it until later. Looking forward to it.

dryan

Arcane
Just created character. Too sleepy to play though. Gonna save it for friday night.

Flacracker

Educated
This makes me want to ask: Have there been any good releases on the Steam Workshop?

Zetor

Arcane
It does chug a bit. I'm fairly sure it's because maps are much bigger now (all 5 levels of the club/hotel are on ONE map, f'rex... ditto with the main hub), which itself is made possible only because of the save-anywhere system.

Other than that: so far, so good.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Game runs fine on this end. Rolled a wil/cha MageShammy. Did a couple of runs. Definitely eating through more medikits on very hard than I used to, even with a pair of mages with heal and a medic sammy. I even managed to get partywiped by a bunch of feral ghouls because a troll with +speed and +aim missed with 3 consecutive point blank shotgun blasts.

So far the writing is slightly worse than DMS (but still better than most of the drek we get these days). The main NPCs definitely got the bioware treatment, complete with sob stories. It's a shame they didn't go with a less cliche route, but not surprising. Lots of money to be had in milking the biodrones.

The missions are more interesting. I like that there's travel back and forth between areas inside the mission, like the floors of the hotel/club in one of the first missions. I can't help but feel I should've gone with a decker for <CHARNAME> though. I already missed out on a bunch of stuff because I couldn't into haxx0ring.

Screw the saves (haven't used them. Reloaded from start of level the one time I wiped). The real dealmaker of dragonfall is travelling back and forth between visited areas plus the ability to end combat.

Last edited:

Maelflux

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
The game seems pretty great so far. I love the intro mission, and even Berlin, though it pissed me of that it was the expansion city chosen in the KS.

Already had one really annoying bug though in intro mission :(

On my 2nd run with a new char, the Security Boss failed to talk or initiate combat. So he would just run around me, and not shoot, nor being able to being targetted.. Unsure if it was because I had a guy in overwatch when he came in, but thats by best bet.

Zetor

Arcane
I'm probably missing something really obvious here, but how do you progress after the first 'real' mission?
I cashed in the reward from the main mission as well as the side objectives [+ paydata], got the extra comment from the smuggler afterwards; I'm up to about 21k in the Alice fund. Got two side missions to get back the weapons and fix stuff in sewers -- completed both of them. Also donated the crap out of the ork guy's charity, dealt with the drone, and generally talked to everyone. And... that's it, there's nobody offering any kind of run anywhere.

What do?
Clearly, I need a quest compass! /troll

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Did you check the computer?

Also for people who did the humanis policlub run
Is the optional mission to leave the leader alive bugged? I let him flee to his room and the mission was marked as succesful but every post-mission conversation assumed I killed the guy

Zetor

Arcane
Yea, I checked the computer... no new job offers anywhere. I'll check again though once I get home from work, maybe the "right" conversation option only shows up after x uses.

As for the spoiler:
I also spared him, and the debriefing with the guy in the cafe said that we did well, so I figured it was OK. Since the wording of the side-mission was basically ''leave him alive, we want to kill him ourselves", I presume he died offscreen in the next few hours, and everyone who knew you were doing a raid on the humanis base just assumes you killed him during the raid.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
As for the spoiler:
I also spared him, and the debriefing with the guy in the cafe said that we did well, so I assume it isn't bugged. Since the wording of the side-mission was basically ''leave him alive, we want to kill him ourselves", I assume he died offscreen in the next few hours, and everyone who knew you were doing a raid on the humanis base just assumes you killed him during the raid.
Thing is, the conversation with the guy on the bar also assumed I had killed the man. Sounds like a broken trigger

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
This is good shit, just like the original campaign. I hope they make more meaty DLCs like this.

Minttunator

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Wrath
Had a few hours to play this yesterday evening - thus far it seems better than the original campaign (which I liked well enough) so I guess I know what I'm doing over the weekend! :greatjob:

Anybody have any advice on what the most useful etiquettes are?

Eyeball

Arcane
I really like this. I loved DMS too, but the hub-based "choose your NeXT objective" system Works a lot better for the Shadowrun setting and I also like having teammates with some personality. Playing on Hard and am actually decently challenged a lot of the time - seems to be more use in combat for special skills this time around, hacking turrets, summoning spirits from toxic puddles and whatnot, as well as a reasonable number of skillchecks.

If they'd release a campaign like this every few months, I'd have no problem keeping paying them for it.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
This will probably be the last on account of diminishing returns.

We've had a blast developing Dragonfall and would love to continue making stories in the Shadowrun Universe!

To do that, we’re gonna need your help getting the word out about Dragonfall. Remember, we’re an indie studio and work directly for our audience - no publisher with deep marketing pockets here!

So please take a moment RIGHT NOW to post one of the links below to your favorite social media sites, fan forums, store forums - anywhere you think they’ll get some positive attention.
Sounding pretty desperate.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Can't complain so far.

But dammit, I wanna see some good modz.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom