Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Shadowrun Shadowrun: Hong Kong - Extended Edition

Villagkouras

Arcane
Quick question: Is this game some kind of series? Do I need to play Dragonfall or can I just jump in Hong Kong right away?

(Not that I can buy it, fucking Greece with capital controls)

Last edited:

Gord

Arcane
Sigh, so first it took me 15 minutes to download 11 gigs from GOG, and now it starts to install, which will take another 15 minutes.

Fuck you J_C, shouldn't you be paying like a gazillion forint for fast Internet? What's your almost-dictatorship good for if I can't even get better Internet connections over here?

So fucking slow... 2 hours for 1GB. :argh:

gestalt11

Arbiter
According to the karma spend screen, monofilament whips use Ranged Weapons. Spurs and razors use Close Combat (and maybe Melee Weapons).

Oh wow you are right I missed that completely. I wish I knew more specifics about how they work, makes it hard to plan out cyber guys.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
Just finished the opening level. Seems very Shadowrun so far. I find it a bit odd that the main character has so much backstory, but I guess it can work.
If it explores what made you get into running it's like the developers read my mind.

Quick question: Is this game some kind of series? Do I need to play Dragonfall or can I just jump in Hong Kong right away?

(Not that I can buy it, fucking Greece with capital controls)
It's perhaps worth playing in order so you can fully enjoy the new features.

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
Too tired to play tonight, but hey, at least I'll have a reason to get out of bed tomorrow :negative:

Villagkouras

Arcane
It's perhaps worth playing in order so you can fully enjoy the new features.

Yeah, since I CANNOT BUY THE FUCKING GAME, I'll give Dragonfall a shot, I think I have 1-2 weeks for this.

I'm watching a LP in youtube, first mission only, it plays a lot like X-COM in battle, so I like it. How the hell did I miss this and didn't play it?

I hope the story's decent.

tjorb

Novice
Does this game have rebindable keys yet? Can't find any new info. Not even any .ini files to edit.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
Personally, I liked this new portrait:

wPIuCmP.png
:codexisforindividualswithgenderidentityissues:

norolim

Arcane
So? Is it any gud? Can someone offer a through and detailed review already? How long do you need to play, before you know everything about a game? Gamespot reviewer would cover 10 RPGs in that time.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
I want to play this shit so badly. Can't one of you mouth breathers alt tab and post some feels?

Let me live vicariously through you.

Why can't anyone copy Arcanum's equipment buying at character creation?

A simple but extremely effective system that even feeds off your history traits / class selection.
Would brofist if I could, not sure why this isn't done more.

Sykar

Arcane
I liked the intro quite a bit, was pretty atmospherical.
So first impressions, character generation is nicely improved, now you can see everything nicely on one screen. No more scrolling like a mofo between attributes and skills. Sadly there is no heavy weapons skills still.
Matrix is definetly a big step up from the rather dull first two iterations. Pity that the avatar is still your RL avatar just silver but at least you aref flying/floating. Certain IC now requires puzzles, PWs or brute force to bypass.
Matrix feels now more like a cat and mouse game with you being the mouse. Black IC. You can very quickly now alert a system to your presence if you are caught by the tracer ICs. Black IC is rather unpleasant as expected.

Story so far is quite a bit like DF but has some noticable differences as well.

Morkar Left

Just started.
Portraits are better, rest of the artwork hasn't convinced me so far. It's nice that they changed the ork model but now I think the body is too small and looks more like a goblin. *shrug*
As for writing; having again an old friend who calls you with a mysterious undertone gets a bit old. All chars, even minor npcs seem well fleshed out.
Very hard difficulty is missing, not sure if it's just redundant because of new balancing. We'll see.
Grenade launchers seem to be the ultimate weapons.
Can't say anything more atm.

Ninjerk

Arcane
HKPF AI did something really strange for me on the opening mission: one conjures a Fire Spirit and then they all just stand there waiting to get shot.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom