Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Shadowrun Shadowrun modules

NotTale

Learned
Just looking at that image, I already hate the music, think the drinks are overpriced, and want to leave.

SmartCheetah

Arcane
Just looking at that image, I already hate the music, think the drinks are overpriced, and want to leave.

But bitches are hot, why leave so early? :D

Great job lad already lad! Keep up the good work. I'm really curious about the story behind this :3

Unwanted

Bobbles

Unwanted
Dumbfuck
The bartender must be shit if he lets that many empty bottles clutter the bar when there's only one guy sitting there.

Gondolin

Arcane
Would love to see a nightclub with a neon sign featuring this with a fitting name:

The Codexian Barn?

Gaider: "A man of Codexia? What is the house of Codexia but a thatched barn where neckbeards quote memes and trannies roll on the floor with Neo-Nazis? Victory at Kickstarter does not belong to you, JarlFrank, Super Moderator! You are a lesser son of greater sires."

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
People in this thread are stealing all my ideas for a cyberpunk RPG. Nightclub? Check. Police station? Check. And they're probably doing better jobs than I would have too.
:rpgcodex:

Unwanted

Bobbles

Unwanted
Dumbfuck
Just do one set inside a BTL module and handwave all your design screwups by calling them programming glitches.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
People in this thread are stealing all my ideas for a cyberpunk RPG. Nightclub? Check. Police station? Check. And they're probably doing better jobs than I would have too.
Hey, do a hospital one. Plenty of assets for that.

Rake

Arcane

It's ok.
That way we will learn who makes the better mods :smug:

Multi-headed Cow

What in fuck's fuck? Was fucking around checking my dialog checks and I was shocked, SHOCKED to learn that nuyen doesn't carry over when you import a character. All your equipped gear does, all your stats and spent karma does, but you've got zero space bux.

THIS IS AN OUTRAGE. WHAT IS THE POINT OF DOING RUNS IF YOU CAN'T ACCUMULATE A RIDICULOUS PILE OF MONEY YOU'LL NEVER SPEND BECAUSE THERE ARE LIKE 4 PIECES OF GEAR IN THE WHOLE GAME? I was thinking at the very least you could have some hard runs that you could spend a lot of money on, but for fuck's sake.

SHADOWRUN A SHIT. A SHIT.

Multi-headed Cow

Can you transfer variables across runs? There ought to be workarounds at least.
From what I've read , no. In fact it's up in the air if you can transfer variables between "Scenes" in a single adventure (Without using "Mission objects" that is). Was going to test that in mine until I realized that importing a character loses all the money and it pissed me off so bad I had to quit.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
You can certainly define variables for a particular content pack itself while editing the content pack, which I think would last throughout the scenes in the pack. If you can transfer them between content packs, you could use that for nuyen transfer, I guess.

Zetor

Arcane
I'm making a cargo ship, which is... rather challenging given the lack of even one tileset that could be acceptable for a ship's deck (the barge set from the docks group is ALMOST usable).

Can you transfer variables across runs? There ought to be workarounds at least.
You can, actually.

Add the previous module (such as DMS) as a dependency, and use "Get Dependent Story Variable" in the editor. It will get the value of a story variable, though obviously it only seems to work for booleans (true/false).

Jackalope

Arcane
I'm making a cargo ship, which is... rather challenging given the lack of even one tileset that could be acceptable for a ship's deck (the barge set from the docks group is ALMOST usable).

You know, I may try making a basic ship tileset eventually. But I can't promise anything.

Multi-headed Cow

Banged away at my little adventure some more. Since money doesn't carry between modules it sorta makes my short module even more pointless, but oh well. Also not doing anything creative, the only 3 areas are going to be your apartment, a bar, and a warehouse. Not even doing any exteriors. Since I just wanted a simple module to learn the toolset with it's working fine though. Just like my first NWN1 module was an innkeeper sending you off to kill goblins in a cave. Only noteworthy thing is I'm slipping in some skill checks and a few non-combat solutions (Well, basically just one. DECKERS STRONK) and probably 3 different endings by the time I'm done. Most time has been spent on typing thus far but that isn't really saying much considering how basic my scenes look.

No nuyen carryover though... Fuck. I guess it'll be up to every module to tell you your current financial state, which for Shadowrun works better than it would in D&D I guess but still chaps my ass. At some point I probably should finish the campaign, too.

Edit: Oh yeah, bit of counter-intuitive scripting for you. If you want an NPC to disappear when it enters a zone, don't use "Delete". It doesn't work. You want kill actor which allows you to specify the death type of "Vanish" which will fade the character out. Spent a good 5 minutes getting Mr. Johnson to walk to the exit and vanish as though he left the building. Thought for sure delete wasn't the issue and it was nonsense with the trigger firing incorrectly or something.

Hegel

Arcane
A Neuromancer inspired module, please? :love:
Can't wait to visit Instanbul and every phone booth starts ringing until you answer, Wintermute (in Shadowrun: Deus, he should be born around the time Dead Man Switch ended, since Dodger is there) on the other side.
Damn, such a great novel.

william_gibson_original.jpg

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Tried dicking around with the editor last night but didn't get anywhere. Will probably wait to see what the community is capable of pulling off before looking seriously at making a module.

Starting to regret choosing nightclub as starting point for my module. :mad: This will take alot of tweaking and nudging to look decent. Made a rough draft with few key locations and actors so I can start scripting. Also tried to add paths to matrix-ball on the dancefloor just to use it as prop but so far no sucess, need to recheck scripts I guess.

t01Lnns.jpg

That looks awesome.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
Is fixing the game state issue and the modding toolkit even a priority for HBS?

I was looking for information on that too, and it looks like they have not announced what they are planning to do. It's better to wait a few months and then we have the answer. Based on experience, it could be a half-arsed yes.

They've already got the kickstarter money, they've already got the sales, and they've already announced they want to go back to tabletop.

Concerning that, allegedly a small team will branch off and work on the Arcania project, and the core will continue working on SRR.

http://harebrained-schemes.com/
So, the core Shadowrun team will continue to focus on Shadowrun Returns, while a small part of the studio branches off in this bold new direction. I’m really excited about our new game world and I hope you will be, too. Take a look below.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
My guess is that HBS will fix the obvious bugs (like crashes and the light positioning issue) and add in item customization in a patch. Chances are any changes they make to the editor/engine capabilities to aid their design will also be rolled out to modders. There's no reason not to, really, and keeping the mod community alive should be important for them if they went to the trouble of releasing mod tools and including Steam Workshop functionality to begin with.

Really, if they added global goals then already most issues could be solved using a little bit of extra scripting. Map persistence can be handled manually using triggers (add enemies to a team, if they're dead, update a variable; when entering a map, check if the variable is true and disable the spawn points, etc.), it's just a little extra work.

Machine

Arbiter
Hey guys, working on my first "real" area, added plenty of C&C , with plenty more to go. Basic premise is getting inside a warehouse guarded by relatively tough mercs, but wanted to have plenty of options to do so from full combat-retard guns blazing, to very stealthy and combinations of those two (also social engineering and even gender-related options ;)) . Experimenting alot with scripting and so far it looks pretty good, you cant transform the game into something radically new and different from OC, but with some creativity and decent writing you can do alot. Editor is real fun to use for me personally, and just by messing around I get more and more ideas, so far only massive downside is lack of custom items :( (and luckluster descriptions of objectives and items, maybe im missing something?)

@people who asked about module story: Planning a relatively long campaign, already have lots of ideas laid out , will see how far my writing can go though (I suck at it hard). Module will be new char-only, premise is you return home penniless and gearless after not-so-successful atempt at working in different city (both unnamed so far, my lore knowledge is severely lacking), you seek out your old friends, old-timer club owner and its local crew to try to find some work and stand on your feet again.

Initial level is club which is pretty linear and serves more as character introduction, simple plot hook to get your char going. Later on I planned it as sort of small quest hub and story will have different paths/outcomes (no idea how this will work yet, still at my beginner stuff).

In any case, will finish first level soon (I hope), will post it here just as demo for things I figured out so far. Maps still have some ways to go, mostly using copy/pasta placeholders so far, not many details.

Bonus pic : 5am slums (super unfinished version).

5q48tmm.jpg

P.S. Can somebody familiar with Shadowrun tell me few things:

1) What skill is used as [Perception] check in pnp? For example noticing things and items, general awareness and such?
2) What skill is usually used in conversations to obtain more information or realise somebody is lying/witholding stuff? I went with Int and Cha, not sure if this is proper way to do it.

P.P.S. Anybody figured where music files are stored? Adding custom music would really really help :(

Zetor

Arcane
Perception is its own skill. I guess you could default to Intelligence in SRR. For conversations, you'd typically use Con, Negotiation, or Fast Talk (I -think- that was a skill at one point, anyway), which are all Charisma subskills. I'd probably default to Charisma most of the time except for obvious Etiquette uses.

e: music files are just 128kbps ogg files strung together in resources.assets.resS. There is no header or anything, just ogg files one after another. You can extract them all with oggextract, replace one of them with your own, and merge it together again (copy /b *.ogg resources.assets.resS). However, there is an index that defines the length of each song, so if you e.g. replace the intro theme, the new ogg file has to be 2:26 long as well... or rather, if it's longer, it'll just loop at 2:26 (I'm not sure if the filesize has to match -exactly-, I only spent about 20 mins on this). The index is probably hardcoded in the exe somewhere.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I've got a complete run, just needs some polishing. Not sure if I will release it or wait to have a small set. Either way the editor allows for some nice flourishes which can make your runs feel really unique. I'm having more fun with it than I thought I would.

Lighting is the real pain, I can't get point lights to look right no matter what I do. And I still can't figure out dropping a quest item on a body, I just have it rigged to add to inventory on their death for right now.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom