Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Sharpening my pitchfork

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Another gaming magazine is discussing the decline.

Thief 4 about 10 hours long

mood: *Practicing my pitchfork katas*

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
TTLG is full of apologist retards anyway, thought that i'd better start a discussion here.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
BTW who has tried the Dark Mod?

I don't have Doom 3, fuck.

Melcar

Arcane
TDM is pretty good. Some of the fan missions are rather lengthy and enjoyable. Combat was shit when I tried it (ver. 1), but stealth mechanics and lock-picking were superb.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Makes sense that hardcore fanatics would know what worked and was good. Thanks. I think i will pick up d3 somewhere, and never play the main campaign.

poocolator

Erudite
The Order of Discalced Codexian Convulsionists
I'm considering not removing D3 from an inventory, or perhaps even removing it, just because I've been pining to try TDM for a while, now.

10 hours is maddeningly short for a T4 game. It's probably been streamlined to popamole perfection, which would explain the length.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
poocolator said:
10 hours is maddeningly short for a T4 game. It's probably been streamlined to popamole perfection, which would explain the length.

Just rappel down from the roof and through the window, grab all the shiny junk and flashbang your way out, like Batman! Why bother with that boring sneaking bullshit since you can pull off badass slow-motion headshots with your bow. Blackjacking is for fags too, way better to aim for that achievement you get for killing 500 guards with your sword!

Multi-headed Cow

HEY. Hey. Hey. Thief 3 was and continues to be pretty good.

spekkio

Arcane
poocolator said:
There'll be elbow rocket launchers, courtesy of a new faction: the NINJA-MECHANO-HAMMERITES.
:lol:

T1 was great, T2 was good, T3 was good for what it was (except the Cradle which was fantastic) and it concluded the trilogy with every game being worse than the predecessor.

Now Thi4f? In 2010?

Who fucking cares, it's not a Thief game...

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I never bothered getting Doom 3 because I don't care about horror shooters at all, but TDM looks rather awesome and probably makes it worth downloading D3 for.

MetalCraze

Arcane
poocolator said:

They most likely added the generic map showing your position and all corridors in detail - actually there is no doubt about that (but even if Master Race Thief Trilogy would've had it it still would be 20 hours long, apart from the 3rd one maybe). The big lulz will be if it also has a quest-compass.

Also lol at TTLG. Looks like Codex is by far not the only one normal community that was invaded by consoletards.

Black

Arcane
Sharpening my pitchfork? Is that what you kids call it nowadays?

poocolator

Erudite
The Order of Discalced Codexian Convulsionists
JrK said:
We should have a list of the missions that are actually any good for TDM.
If anyone's played TDM already, definitely start a thread.

Black said:
Sharpening my pitchfork? Is that what you kids call it nowadays?
oh_you.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom