Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Should I play Morrowind or Oblivion?

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Men, need advice on this. Cannot decide by myself.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I saw a Todd Howard the other day. Horrible creatures. I avoid them whenever I can.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
I can only warn you, both these games contain North Korean spyware and support communism.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
For these were the days of Resdaynia, when Chimer and Dwemer lived under the wise and benevolent rule of the ALMSIVI and their champion the Hortator, though the Dwemer had become foolish and challenged their masters.
Out of their fortresses they came with golden ballistae that walked and mighty atronachs and things that spat flame and things that made killing songs. Their king was Dumac Dwarf-Orc, but their high priest was Kagrenac the Blighter.
Under mountains and over them the war with the Dwemer was raged, and then came the northern men to help Kagrenac and they brought Ysmir again.
Leading the armies of the Chimer was the slave that would not perish, the Hortator Nerevar, who had traded his axe for the Ethos Knife. He slew Dumac at Red Mountain and saw the heart bone for the first time.
Men of brass destroyed the eleven gates of the Mourning Hold and behind them came the Dwemeri architects of tone. Ayem threw down her cloak and became the Face-Snaked Queen of the Three in One. Those that looked upon her were overcome by the meanings of the stars.
Under the sea, Seht stirred and brought the army he had been working on in the castles of glass and coral. Clockwork dreughs, mockeries of the Dwemeri war machines, rose up from the seas and took their counterparts back beneath, where they were swallowed forever by the sea.
Red Mountain exploded as the Hortator went too far inside, seeking the Sharmat.
Dwemeri high priest Kagrenac then revealed that which he had built in the image of Vivec. It was a walking star, which burnt the armies of the Triune and destroyed the heartland of Veloth, creating the Inner Sea.
Each of the aspects of the ALMSIVI then rose up together, combining as one, and showed the world the sixth path. Ayem took from the star its fire, Seht took from it its mystery, and Vehk took from it its feet, which had been constructed before the gift of Molag Bal and destroyed in the manner of truth: by a great hammering. When the soul of the Dwemer could walk no more, they were removed from this world.
Resdaynia was no more. It had been redeemed of all the iniquities of the foolish. The ALMSIVI drew nets from the Beginning Place and captured the ash of Red Mountain, which they knew was the Blight of the Dwemer and that would serve only to infect the whole of the middle world, and ate it. ALTADOON DUNMERI!
The beginning of the words is ALMSIVI. I give you this as Vivec.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
If you find Caius Cossades in Morrowind play it further on.

If not, add unofficial patches with OOO mod and enjoy the ride on a horse with armor.

Third option - Install Nehrim total conversion on top of vanilla Oblivion.

Well, Oblivion is pretty much shit throughout, whereas Morrowind is shit with some redeeming qualities, ie lore and the main story up to a point. Just save yourself some time and play good open world RPGs instead: Gothic, Gothic 2, Fallout: New Vegas, Betrayal at Krondor.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Morrowind seems to have some quality writing

uKEmJYB.png

Magus01

Novice
Hello - new here - but I have to agree to most answers here: Morrowind.

I played this game for many hours, and I think I played it (with long pauses in between) around 3 times fully through - including the addons.

It was and is one of the best Beth games. Pity, that the graphics - despite mods - are really no longer up to par...
So - if graphics are very important to you - select Oblivion, but you will miss out a good game this way.

I will not try to write a review of Morrowind. But if you compare the stories or the locations, Morrowind wins always. It also has several bugs and weaknesses. Some of them are still in Skyrim and Fallout4 and are connected to the engine, I think. But Morrowind is still installed on my PC and sometimes I play it even today.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
Morrowind. Vanilla Morrowind feels like a true world. Vanilla Oblivion feels like a fucking game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom