Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

should morrowind gwt a second chance?

morrowind 2?

• sure dude!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • HELL NO!

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters

y.y

Novice
i have heard sevrel times that morrowind 2 is in progress, i dont care if it dose...

i just wanted to know what you think?

pro:

- on big motherfuc*ing world!

- lots of wepones

- nice text

cons:

- 70% of the time you are walking

- no chercters sound (exept : hello outlander!")

- shity fights

just say what you think!

Jora

Arcane
More cons:

- NPCs have no personality
- No dialogue trees
- Using verbal skills is extremely frustrating, unpractical and stupid

For example:
- Hello!
- I don't like you. Go away.
- Please! I need some information!
- I like you but not enough
- I like you too. Give me information.
- I love you.
- Give me information.
- No. I hate you.
- Please!
- I like you
- Give me information
- I hate you and won't ever speak with you again!

*RELOAD*

- Hello!
- I don't like you. Go away.
- Please! I need some information!
- I hate you. Don't speak to me again.

*RELOAD*

And so on...

MrSmileyFaceDude

Bethesda Game Studios
Developer
Just FYI, Morrowind is The Elder Scrolls III. It was preceded by TES 1: Arena and TES 2: Daggerfall. The new game we're working on is The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Thanks, MrSmiley, for ruining our fun. Who knows what else he would have come up with? :lol:

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
MrSmileyFaceDude said:
Just FYI, Morrowind is The Elder Scrolls III. It was preceded by TES 1: Arena and TES 2: Daggerfall. The new game we're working on is The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion.

Elder Scrolls IV: Morrowind 2!

Balor

Arcane
Hey, Morrowind, while almost worthless as an RPG, is not that bad as a game (if you take good ol casuals as target group), and makes great modders playground. A bit of masochism much be present for latter, (and former too, I suppose), but still :).
My own best (I guess... if rather undervalued because of narrowness of target-group) mod is complete rewrite of MW magicka (nerfed!) system into channeling system from Wheel of Time. Great fun, 100x times more of one that I ever had from playing any game. Even from playing my own mod, heh.

y.y

Novice
Jinxed said:
Oh look, a poll. Kewl.

What's with the * in fucking?

I'm certainly gonna try out Oblivion, aka Morrowind 2.

didnt know i can say that here.. well now i know! fuck yhea! hehe

y.y

Novice
aham! aham!(*CONACTION?!*) ahem ahem! (cofing) :shock: :shock:

MrSmileyFaceDude

Bethesda Game Studios
Developer
Well, there was the whole

Dark Forces
Dark Forces 2: Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight 2

thing...

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Don't forget Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy, which for some reason doesn't have a number behind it.

It's nowhere as bad as the Tribes series, though. Let's see:

Stellar 7
Nova 9: Return of Gir Draxon
Metaltech: Earthsiege
Metaltech: Earthsiege Speech Pack
Metaltech: Battledrome
Earthsiege 2
Hunter Hunted
MissionForce: CyberStorm
CyberStorm 2: Corporate Wars
Starsiege (Earthsiege 3)
Starsiege: Tribes
Tribes 2
Tribes: Aerial Assault
Tribes: Vengeance

Greenskin13

Erudite
I had to help my uncle.

Geez. I just realized that Hunter Hunted was about Jake Hunter, the messiah in the Starsiege canon. I have not heard of Stellar 7 or Nova 9, though. Were they prequels to the Earthsiege?

Otaku_Hanzo

Erudite
Well, I don't have a problem with the whole Elder Scrolls numbering thing. It works. I just think it's funny that alot of people that played Redguard had no idea whatsoever that it was in the Elder Scrolls universe.

I barely remember Stellar 7, and never touched Nova 9, so I couldn't tell you really, Greenskin.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
I don't know what Nova 9 is, but I had Stellar 7 on my 286. It was released back in 1991 by Dynamix. Featured 3d-ish graphics.

http://exotica.fix.no/tunes/unexotica/g ... lar_7.html

The MobyGames reference to Stellar 7 is to some 1982 game on the Apple II, and I don't think it's the same game.
http://www.the-underdogs.org/game.php?name=Stellar+7

Edit: Okay, according to Home of the Underdogs, the 1991 version is a remake.
Stellar 7 and its better sequel Nova 9 are two fun 3D action underdogs that combine furious action with resource management similar to the classic Spectre. Drive futuristic hovercrafts in missions against the evil warlord Drax and prevent him from-- what else?-- controlling the universe. They're fast and fun, although enemy ships could use a bit more brain :) Stellar 7 was a remake of a 1983 game of the same name from Damon Slye/Dynamix, which was never released for the PC. You can see some screenshots of that version here [thanks to Groovis for info].

Here's the original: http://screenmania.retrogames.com/c64/03/c64_0072.html

I don't really know if Stellar 7 and Nova 9 were prequels to the Earthsiege series, but it's possible. MobyGames lists them as such.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
y.y said:
pro:
- on big motherfuc*ing world!
- lots of wepones
- nice text
cons:
- 70% of the time you are walking
- no chercters sound (exept : hello outlander!")
- shity fights
just say what you think!

Morrowind was fun as an exploration game. Too linear main plot for my liking. Dress-up was cool (especially with a castle mod to store all your stuff). The dialogue system needs to be revamped though. I hated sifting through 50 dialogue options looking for the one that screamed "quest".

A larger variety of monsters would've been nice (not just Cliff Racers). Better yet if the animals didn't all attack you on site. I can go outside without the local Magpies fighing me to the death so I don't see why everything in Morrowind has to.

The game lost all point once I'd become God-like and finished the main quest. After that there was no interest in encountering "yet another Daedra temple" or "yet another tomb with skeletons".

In short, it was nice to look at. I don't care much about "Morrwind 2". With Bethesda all cashed up, I'd really like to see them create a worthy Fallout RPG with a main plot that's not as straight as an arrow. I'm confident they'll make it look nice, I'm concerned what they're going to do with the dialogue however or if there'll be dialogue in any form other than a wikipedia. Hopefully they'll have a chat with Troika and nick some ideas on dialogue trees.

bryce777

Erudite
Stellar 7 and nova 9 are my favorite arcade style games I think I have played on pc.

Great music, good graphics for the day and great gameplay.

It is bizarre they are all in the same squence of games...maybe I will try some of the newer ones some day.

bryce777

Erudite
Oh, and morrowwind is painfully crappy.

I liked daggerfall, but it was already pretty generic. I didn't make it more than a couple of hours in morrowwind before deciding I had had enough of bethesda for all time.

NeverwinterKnight

Liturgist
question since i havent played it yet.

which one is better:
-morrowind for pc
-morrowind for xbox

if your answer is "they both suck", no need. im just asking which of the two versions is considered better.

bryce777

Erudite
NeverwinterKnight said:
question since i havent played it yet.

which one is better:
-morrowind for pc
-morrowind for xbox

if your answer is "they both suck", no need. im just asking which of the two versions is considered better.

You will probably get better graphics playing it on a pc.

NeverwinterKnight

Liturgist
graphics dont concern me.

are there any gameplay elements that differ? story elements that differ? etc.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom